Wimpy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
With mates, we pushed the boat out as kids in the late 70's / early 80's, using the East Street Wimpy. After a shopping or cineman trip into town. Would stretch to a basic hamburger.

In these affluent times, there are kids virtually living on fast food.

This is true. A treat for a kid in the 50s or 60s as my old dad would say " you'll get an orange for Christmas".

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I worked in the Western Rd, East Street and Old Steine Wimpy's during the 70's - staff were fed "in house" - highlight of the day ...

Marvellous scenes ....

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This thread has nostalgically suggested that I should seek out a Wimpy at the earliest opportunity.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Ah Wimpy, I still remember my Ghostbuster themed 7th birthday party at the Boundary Road branch that descended into a mini riot, albeit a happy one!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The one in East Street was easy for doing a runner . :whistle:

Worryingly did the same there once. As I was allegedly the fastest runner, everyone left one by one leaving muggins here to be the last one to leg it.

PS If Mr Wimpy is reading, more than happy to settle up now.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Something like 5 x cheeseburges and 5 shakes. Only thing disturbing my sleep pattern and concentration levels is that I may have had extra cheese and possibly fries with one of them.

Back in the day, you only owe about £10 then, bargain.
I used to wash up in the Tunbridge Wells Wimpy on a Friday and Saturday night sometime in the 80's
Probably the worst job I have ever had.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I think went about 10 years ago, I remember it being there when I was in primary school but I think it's a Ladbrokes or William Hill now

I really should know that, there's a lot of charity shops along that stretch now

That was my local - couldn't afford it though growing up. First Wimpy I went to was in East Street Brighton.

The one in East Street went ages ago too, think it's a letting agents now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports