Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bin bag on a stick

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I can't believe I saw people doing that, I thought I would look ok at the next match if they just did one stand, do the east next and after that the north, say, It's just needs a few people that can be bothered to recycle them. [edit: I've already said this last night when pissed]

(And your good lady is a very fine woman I might add)

:D I'm glad she doesn't read NSC

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
v Palace in Play Off Semi,
v Derby in Play Off Semi,
v Wednesday in Play Off Semi,
v Bristol City in potential Championship decider,

we all got flags (or clappers). We all went home disappointed.

I walked in yesterday, saw it on my seat, chucked it on the floor and left it there, knowing that any chance of an upset had been chucked away by the cursed flag fairy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I walked in yesterday, saw it on my seat, chucked it on the floor and left it there, knowing that any chance of an upset had been chucked away by the cursed flag fairy.

A sure sign that Amex Flag Fatigue has set in, when we can now authoritatively discuss the quality of the flag. And the stick.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Picked mine up and thought my god this is cheap and tacky. Watched the effect of them in the E stand opposite and thought my god that looks good.

Yet again the club know more than me.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
At the risk of being accused of being a bit moany, and I know this has already been mentioned, but I would like to know if these plastic flags and plastic sticks are recyclable. They did look very pretty being waved before the game, but I don't think they were designed to be takemehome flags (not many in my row took theirs), and so I hope the club had a contingency plan for recycling these.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Simple and effective. Still probably cost a few grand.

I would hope not. Plastic straw with a bit of plastic bag held together by sellotape - it was a bit Blue Peter.
I'm sort of glad they did it on the cheap as money should go to buying a striker. Sort of disappointed though because the previous ones have been something worth keeping for posterity, if not hanging up in the kids' bedrooms. The fat boy one was pretty cool.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We beat Doncaster in our first league game at the Amex when we had flags, so that denies that theory.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
At the risk of being accused of being a bit moany, and I know this has already been mentioned, but I would like to know if these plastic flags and plastic sticks are recyclable. They did look very pretty being waved before the game, but I don't think they were designed to be takemehome flags (not many in my row took theirs), and so I hope the club had a contingency plan for recycling these.

I always knew Caroline Lucas posted on this board.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You aren't allowed to say that [emoji35]

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Look at any tifo display put on by European clubs (e.g. Dortmund): do you think all the individual component parts are printed on plastic or foils embossed with the club logo? Of course they're not.

FFS :facepalm: It's all about the overall picture, making the stadium look impressive when the time comes: not to give you a jolly souvenir to take home.

I thought it looked perfectly fine (any Palace fans tempted to comment will be immediately slapped down as the Always Ultras used similar blank plastic flags as part of their usual 150 man display yesterday). It's about the club, not about you or me. Find something else to moan about.

el punal

Premiership ready !!! Blue or white plastic bin bag on a stick , free on every seat, must be saving money for that magical striker

Premier League ready!!! Stop moaning - you could have ended up with a clacker, anyway the flags were free and looked good on the telly. Be thankful it's not you that has to dip into your pocket for the magical striker that you speak of.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Picked mine up and thought my god this is cheap and tacky. Watched the effect of them in the E stand opposite and thought my god that looks good.

Yet again the club know more than me.

This.

Couldn't quite understand however why a few were carrying loads out of the stadium afterwards - evidently they too thought better of it eventually given the number that were dumped on the side of the footpath up towards Woodingdean. Idiots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here