Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Tickets appearing for big money on resale websites

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Got to admire the way that website is plugging the game though:

"Don't miss this spectacular game and get tickets to see Brighton v Manchester City now, before they run out. This is set to be an action-packed game, full of intense moments which will have you sitting on the edge of your seat! Be part of the action and get your Brighton v Manchester City tickets! If you've never been to The Amex Stadium, now is your chance! Getting tickets to Brighton & Hove Albion is now easier than ever. Ticketbis has the best selection in town for the best games, and for this game, it could not be an exception, as these teams will try very hard to be up to their best level. These teams have been training hard for this day and now you have the opportunity to lay witness to one of the most exciting games of the season. Don’t delay and get your Brighton v Manchester City tickets today to enjoy a great night of soccer! The best action is brought to you by Ticketbis, your #1 stop for all your ticketing needs!"

That reads like this:

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Got to admire the way that website is plugging the game though:

"Don't miss this spectacular game and get tickets to see Brighton v Manchester City now, before they run out. This is set to be an action-packed game, full of intense moments which will have you sitting on the edge of your seat! Be part of the action and get your Brighton v Manchester City tickets! If you've never been to The Amex Stadium, now is your chance! Getting tickets to Brighton & Hove Albion is now easier than ever. Ticketbis has the best selection in town for the best games, and for this game, it could not be an exception, as these teams will try very hard to be up to their best level. These teams have been training hard for this day and now you have the opportunity to lay witness to one of the most exciting games of the season. Don’t delay and get your Brighton v Manchester City tickets today to enjoy a great night of soccer! The best action is brought to you by Ticketbis, your #1 stop for all your ticketing needs!"

Can't wait to see how they try and sell Brighton v Stoke on a cold wet Monday night!!!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Can't wait to see how they try and sell Brighton v Stoke on a cold wet Monday night!!!

I'll eat my hat if its not this:

"Don't miss this spectacular game and get tickets to see Brighton v Stoke City now, before they run out. This is set to be an action-packed game, full of intense moments which will have you sitting on the edge of your seat! Be part of the action and get your Brighton v Stoke City tickets! If you've never been to The Amex Stadium, now is your chance! Getting tickets to Brighton & Hove Albion is now easier than ever. Ticketbis has the best selection in town for the best games, and for this game, it could not be an exception, as these teams will try very hard to be up to their best level. These teams have been training hard for this day and now you have the opportunity to lay witness to one of the most exciting games of the season. Don’t delay and get your Brighton v Stoke City tickets today to enjoy a great night of soccer! The best action is brought to you by Ticketbis, your #1 stop for all your ticketing needs!"

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
i dont believe a third party could offer tickets across such a wide range of the stadium, there is either none/few actually available or they are provided through an official channel. i know that music and other sports events push hundreds or thousands of tickets through the online ticket market.

But this is so called "fan to fan" selling. So a so called "Albion fan" has a ticket and is offering it through this site. Basically profiteering from a big match

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Guaranteed too so they say

Capture.JPG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Everton fans have been petitioning the club to stop their relationship with StubHub, which Everton allow as a resale platform: http://www.espnfc.us/everton/story/...rs-trust-to-end-stubhub-ticketing-partnership

If the Albion don't have a formal relationship with StubHub, then it is an illegal exchange of tickets and you'd think our club would act to stop it.

But how can the club stop it? I cannot see how Albion could have a relationship with Stubhub when they have their own ticket exchange

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Welcome to the Premier League.

There' s a little bit of naivety here. This secondary selling goes on at every Premier League club and through numerous websites. I would be absolutely amazed if the club did not know about this kind of thing already (especially given Barber's background) and in reality there is little they can do about it short of asking for everyone's ID at the turnstile.

This is a wider issue about scalping. If clubs like Man Utd and Arsenal can't stop it, I'm not sure how we can......

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Everton fans have been petitioning the club to stop their relationship with StubHub, which Everton allow as a resale platform: http://www.espnfc.us/everton/story/...rs-trust-to-end-stubhub-ticketing-partnership

If the Albion don't have a formal relationship with StubHub, then it is an illegal exchange of tickets and you'd think our club would act to stop it.

And yet rather than stopping it, they choose to issue dire warnings to ALL season ticket holders, the vast majority of whom are not guilty of anything. If the club are correct and this is an illegal activity then they should be taking legal action against the website.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They can buy the ticket and track the transaction through the ticket details.

Honestly anybody doing this is asking for trouble when the club have a 7k strong waiting list, and rising.

Would be easy enough for the club to do this, then recoup the money from a combination of cancelling the ST contract (if the ticket were traced back to a STH) and then re-selling that ST to somebody on the waiting list, together with making a mighty public fanfare out of it. These are the wise-guys the club should be going after, not those STH lending their ticket to a trusted friend or family member on such occasions when they can't make it to a game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But how can the club stop it? I cannot see how Albion could have a relationship with Stubhub when they have their own ticket exchange

Buy up tickets for this game, identify the original purchasers, ban them for life and publicise that fact. If anyone else did the same after that they'd be stupid.

Harsh? Maybe. So perhaps a "next strike and you're out" warning. If the club demonstrated they took this seriously, fans would soon cotton up and not want to risk their own ability to attend games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep - highly likely I would say.....

There was one site (that I pointed out to the club before tickets went on sale) that clearly sells tickets they don't have, presumably in the hope of obtaining the tickets once they have a buyer.

StubHub is different though, and I'd be surprised if these weren't tickets in the hands of (supposed) fans.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
1966 is pretty much peak Diana Rigg as well.

The Leather Jumpsuit Years :drool:

Diana Rigg's uncle, one Arthur Rigg by name, used to be my English teacher. He took our class of spotty 14 year old boys to see a matinee of his niece playing Lady Macbeth at the Old Vic once. It was fantastic. Not least because she got her kit off. Shakespeare doesn't get much better than THAT :banana:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here