Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Campbell

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The Moons a Harsh Mistress is a blinding song. One of many that really could only be done justice by GC.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

majnoon

Banned
Oct 25, 2014
How sad, a Truly great artist, and i will always remember him in that western with John Wayne, True Grit

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I woke up this morning with the sunshine here in Barcelona thinking everything in the world is good, then I checked the news....

How terribly sad, I was lucky enough to meet and see Glen play at my mother in laws private party 15 years ago this month actually, although at the time I was not a fan, he was extremely good and actually very funny on stage, he signed my wife's grans shirt after the show, and because it was the first time I'd meet her gran she got me to sign the shirt as well, so she has the shirt hanging up in a case for all to see in her lounge signed me and Glen which is pretty cool.

R.I.P away from illness and family worries. x

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Great singer, musician and writer. As well as being a performer in his own right, he was also a member of the Wrecking Crew, the elite group of West Coast session players behind a gazillion hits including many Beach Boys classics. The recent documentary about his farewell tour, which he undertook despite Alzheimer's, was a tear-jerker.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Will do. Thanks all for being so welcoming.

I have to agree with you, Cheggers. I can't stand Country music bur RIP Glenn and Wichita Lineman was much better than most of the genre. In contrast, Achey Breaky Heart makes me want to pour cement in my ears so I never have o hear it again. Sorry if I'm being disrespectful. I am genuinely sorry that the man has passed on.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He'd be a legend even without his own singing career:

"Campbell made his name in the music business as one of the top session guitarists in Los Angeles, and helped hone producer Phil Spector's famous Wall of Sound technique.

He toured for three months in 1965 with the Beach Boys, filling in for singer Brian Wilson after he suffered a breakdown.

Campbell played on hundreds of tracks including Daydream Believer by The Monkees, You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling by The Righteous Brothers, Strangers in the Night by Frank Sinatra and Viva Las Vegas by Elvis Presley."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40870474

Thanks for pointing that out. That's a great body of work to leave behind.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
thats sad news. many happy memories as a kid sitting in back of my dads car singing along to GC songs that he had on cassette in his car. consequently been on my iPod for years too. RIP

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Pop music really doesn't get any better than his three collaborations with the composing genius that is Jimmy Webb - Galveston, By The Time I Get To Phoenix and the absolutely sublime Wichita Lineman.

RIP Glen Campbell.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have to agree with you, Cheggers. I can't stand Country music bur RIP Glenn and Wichita Lineman was much better than most of the genre. In contrast, Achey Breaky Heart makes me want to pour cement in my ears so I never have o hear it again. Sorry if I'm being disrespectful. I am genuinely sorry that the man has passed on.

You must have a tough time every match we sing the Anthony Knockaert song to the tune of Achy Breaky Heart:smile:

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
I never cease to wonder at the arrogant certainty of people like Cheggers. He informs us that Glen Campbell's music is crap.- not hat he thinks that it is crap but that, because he says it's crap it must therefore be crap. No argument. Cheggers is right and anyone who does not go along with his pronouncements is wrong. I'm glad i don't know him

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I never cease to wonder at the arrogant certainty of people like Cheggers. He informs us that Glen Campbell's music is crap.- not hat he thinks that it is crap but that, because he says it's crap it must therefore be crap. No argument. Cheggers is right and anyone who does not go along with his pronouncements is wrong. I'm glad i don't know him

prrfft ...you won't last long in here mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here