Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Preston park for me this morning to mark a friend's birthday. 23 mins legs felling it from the Phoenix. Hoping to feel a bit better for a two hour run planned for tomorrow.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I've joined the NSC walking wounded - right hamstrings seized up after 1km today. It's been hinting at giving me a problem for a few days but still surprised at how quickly it went. Hello ice-pack my old friend...................

Sorry to hear that. I trust you stopped running.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Was having a heavy recovery run from the Phoenix at Hove Park today when a golden opportunity arose. A double buggy for twins went sailing and screaming by going up the last hill. I tailed it and then in the last 200m saw that he was going to get boxed in before the finish line. I got through the inside of the 7 runners at 5.11 minute mile pace and BAGGED my first buggy. A double one at that! Shame the two dogs beat me.....26" 30ish today.
Good to see you held off the Bobkin duo. H decided to turn it into an intervals session, not quite what I expected, but good fun. Got around in 32 minutes...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm feeling my way back with a 1.35 mile run (slow) yesterday and two miles today maginally quicker. No adverse reaction, in fact it feels like the runs have improved it.

Brighton Trailblazer 10k at 11am tomorrow but I'm going to be sensible and stay away.

Chiropractor has booked me in for 6 more sessions, 2 per week for 3 weeks. Tuesday & Thursday evenings. At £37 per session I'm thinking two per week with only a 2 day gap is a bit unnecessary.

Any experiences of Chiropractor's? Would you cut down to one session per week?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm feeling my way back with a 1.35 mile run (slow) yesterday and two miles today maginally quicker. No adverse reaction, in fact it feels like the runs have improved it.

Brighton Trailblazer 10k at 11am tomorrow but I'm going to be sensible and stay away.

Chiropractor has booked me in for 6 more sessions, 2 per week for 3 weeks. Tuesday & Thursday evenings. At £37 per session I'm thinking two per week with only a 2 day gap is a bit unnecessary.

Any experiences of Chiropractor's? Would you cut down to one session per week?

I'd book Jesus for 12 days time (waiting list) and tell the chiropractor to go **** themselves.

****=heal

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'd book Jesus for 12 days time (waiting list) and tell the chiropractor to go **** themselves.

****=heal

A lot of people I've spoken to have said they've got more out of a sports physio then a Chiropractor.

I'm currently leaning more towards your considered view.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No long term effects from Phoenix which gives me real hope I can do some serious marathon training in the winter and spring. Going to try a long,slow trail based recovery run tomorrow morning, maybe up Mile Oak Road and on to the SDW that way then across to the Dyke and back down.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No long term effects from Phoenix which gives me real hope I can do some serious marathon training in the winter and spring. Going to try a long,slow trail based recovery run tomorrow morning, maybe up Mile Oak Road and on to the SDW that way then across to the Dyke and back down.

That's a harder course than the Phoenix. I'd go for a LSD on the flat seafront and attack that route next week or at least take it very easy. Hove Park felt like Everest today.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
That's a harder course than the Phoenix. I'd go for a LSD on the flat seafront and attack that route next week or at least take it very easy. Hove Park felt like Everest today.

You may be right. Trail runs are easier on the knee and force me to slow down but maybe a good old fashioned plod on the front is needed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Good advice from [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION]

Nothing in the legs at all this morning. Managed a semi-jog round the seafront for an hour.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Reigate Parkrun for me yesterday, just to tick a new one off. Half of it is easy enough, half of it is through woods with uneven ground and a couple of ups and downs. It makes you realise how lucky we are in Sussex to have so many paved courses. I was pleased to be less than ten seconds off my PB.

Nice, there's a lot of pride in getting a scan on the barcode! At some point I'm going to chase down and overtake whichever of us has the most different parkruns!

I should have Norwich on mine but I spent that morning throwing up rather than running. #shame

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good idea. I've done 13 different courses, including a couple in Australia, but I bet there are some people on here who have racked up 30 or more. Throwing up or not, I'd have walked the course in Norwich just to get that on the Parkrun CV!

I missed the Norwich one this year. After talking Mrs K into 4 days camping in Norfolk, I woke up Saturday after the game and intuition told me that my life was worth more than ticking off another Parkrun.

Legs are still heavy from the Phoenix and chasing the buggy for last half a mile of Saturday's Parkrun.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Reigate Parkrun for me yesterday, just to tick a new one off. Half of it is easy enough, half of it is through woods with uneven ground and a couple of ups and downs. It makes you realise how lucky we are in Sussex to have so many paved courses. I was pleased to be less than ten seconds off my PB.

I've done Reigate. I thought it was a very tough course and extremely muddy. By a rather unfortunate coincidence I had the same injury there as I had on Saturday. I did a naff time (so well done in shaving the time off your PB) and thus I have painful memories of the course.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Good idea. I've done 13 different courses, including a couple in Australia, but I bet there are some people on here who have racked up 30 or more. Throwing up or not, I'd have walked the course in Norwich just to get that on the Parkrun CV!

I've 23 different parkrun courses - a few of which don't appear on my record as I re-registered. (I've thus gone past my 100 total without really noticing.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here