Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Murray and Knocky is the magic combo. Neither Hemed nor Baldock has been particularly missed :shrug:

They are certainly the two players in the forefront of the action, and who grab a lot of the headlines, but both Baldock and Hemed get through a lot of work un noticed, and are vital parts of the squad.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Murray and Knocky is the magic combo. Neither Hemed nor Baldock has been particularly missed :shrug:

Hmm. We've four players who have managed double figures this season.
The other twenty players do not have ten goals put together.
Yet you marginalise the contribution of two of those to reach double figures to read as insignificant.

I detect the distinct whiff of a THPP fishing trip.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
They are certainly the two players in the forefront of the action, and who grab a lot of the headlines, but both Baldock and Hemed get through a lot of work un noticed, and are vital parts of the squad.

I agree that both Baldock and Hemed are vital parts of the squad. I particularly like Baldock's pace and his ability to get behind the defence of teams.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I rate Baldock and I think he's PL class. But during his time with us, he seems to have missed many spells due to injuries. This latest emphasises to me that we will need cover for his position next season, that is, another proven striker with pace.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Murray and Hemed it is then, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

And Akpom, of course.

But maybe Baldock will be back from injury soon. Anyone heard any news?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I rate Baldock and I think he's PL class. But during his time with us, he seems to have missed many spells due to injuries. This latest emphasises to me that we will need cover for his position next season, that is, another proven striker with pace.
Hopefully Baldock will be the cover, it'll be exciting to see who's bought in to replace SB as starter.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not Akpom????? :ffsparr:

Not Akpom under any circumstances.
I was at the Blackburn game and thought he was pants.
Could not stay onside and seemed lethargic. Maybe we are too small a club for such a talented player :)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Friend of mine saw him today and he said he hoped to be fit for the last two games of the season. No chance before that.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It just occurred to me that although sam baldock had three entrants into the goal of the season vote he could easily have had two more. The goal vs shef weds and the one from a Bruno ball over the top where he killed it messi like and scored (brain freeze so can't remember oppo) could easily have even included.

Who saw five spectacular goals from him this season. Well done that man.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It just occurred to me that although sam baldock had three entrants into the goal of the season vote he could easily have had two more. The goal vs shef weds and the one from a Bruno ball over the top where he killed it messi like and scored (brain freeze so can't remember oppo) could easily have even included.

Barnsley - one of a brace.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The Barnsley one was in the list, I think.

The two he refers to above were away to Sheffield Wednesday (not brilliant from Westwood, but a dream of a ball forward from Dunk) and home to Reading (ran on to Bruno's chip, held off McShane, then lashed it past Al Habsi from six yards).

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
My dad bumped into him earlier in the week and Sam told him that he won't play in the last two games. Shame, he has had a wonderful season.

Great, thanks a million. But for your Dad knocking him over he would have been fit then?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Literally no point resting him when he has had a recurring injury that keeps him out for long periods. Had a great season and sadly still under-rated by many of our fans

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here