Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle v Preston

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to Newcastle, they dominated the second half and deserve to go up - in second place.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Giants beat minnows at home, so predictable, I can't believe that some on NSC thought little old Preston would get a result.

Newcastle have an excellent squad with several match winners, who will be good players again next season. With the Albion, both clubs have dominated the EFL this season, outgunning the also-rans in every stat. Which isn't always the way with the Championship, but the cream this time has been promoted.

Pointless wasting negative energy against Benitez, Shelvey or their club. There's no bad blood between the clubs. They've deservedly won a whole load of football games, scored a stack of goals and got promoted. Villa have spent fortunes in an identical situation and flopped.

We simply have to beat Bristol City, as we will lose at Villa.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Giants beat minnows at home, so predictable, I can't believe that some on NSC thought little old Preston would get a result.

Newcastle have an excellent squad with several match winners, who will be good players again next season. With the Albion, both clubs have dominated the EFL this season, outgunning the also-rans in every stat. Which isn't always the way with the Championship, but the cream this time has been promoted.

Pointless wasting negative energy against Benitez, Shelvey or their club. There's no bad blood between the clubs. They've deservedly won a whole load of football games, scored a stack of goals and got promoted. Villa have spent fortunes in an identical situation and flopped.

We simply have to beat Bristol City, as we will lose at Villa.

yeah good points

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Very underwhelming celebrations from the Geordies - they're clearly gutted the title is out of their hands ! I so hope we don't balls it up and hand it to them !

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
IMG_0703.PNG
:p

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well at least it gives our negative vibe merchants a few more chances to announce that we're going to blow the title.

And blow more smoke up Newcastle's arses while they're at it.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
That's is the problem i guess for them, they expect to be in the premier league, so yes they are happy to get back there but it is no big deal. They feel hard done by the fact they don't compete at the top of the premier league, I know that attendances don't mean anything but their fans sick by their club the numbers they get in the championship is outstanding. When I was up there for our game they did not act a like a bunch of tw@ts, just a decent bunch. So good for them, they will not be expecting a relegation battle next season.

For us because of all our troubles this is a massive achievement and we will enjoy it much much more. I am seriously looking forward to a part at the Amex on Saturday what ever happens.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Maybe not for you - I can't stand Newcastle and have felt that way for quite some time. It's only been amplified by the 'divine right' to promotion some have accorded them over the course of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here