Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull Travel for Villa Game

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have used the Official Supporters Club coach a few times, (aka the Costa Express), and that generally has been very good. My one word of caution, is that on two or three occasions it was held up by traffic, and we only just made the kick off time!

Except Bristol when they missed the goal of the year as the driver got lost

theboybilly

:thumbsup:

Seemed to be the only coach full of Friday, despite everybody having to pay for their seat

It's all about the pies

They also seem to be the best organised. I use them quite a bit and they leave in plenty of time to allow for problems. I've lost count of the times that I've heard of other coaches turning up after the kick off at an away game. We arrived at Elland Road with a couple of hours to spare which gave us prime spot in Howard's Bar

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They also seem to be the best organised. I use them quite a bit and they leave in plenty of time to allow for problems. I've lost count of the times that I've heard of other coaches turning up after the kick off at an away game. We arrived at Elland Road with a couple of hours to spare which gave us prime spot in Howard's Bar

They did have a breakdown for Forest but managed to make it on time. I use them a lot as well for any game when train travel is difficult. We did get a nice extended drinking session at Leeds which definitely help to cancel the fact you can drink on trains. Had time for a pre match drink at the services on Friday as well.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
From what I heard about Friday, I'd give it a miss!

Departure time was changed to significantly later so driver didn't have to take a break. Got to within 30 mins of the ground and driver decided he had to stop for 45 minutes for a nap. Didn't stop at services; just on the side of the road. Seagull Travel sending apologetic tweets saying the driver shouldn't have been stopping!

All secondhand; I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to correct me or fill in the gaps.

I went with my lad from Lewes on Friday on ST 11.
Coach was on time, comfortable, had a toilet, plenty of room. Arrived at Norwich an hour or so before kick off even with a 45 minute stop (no hardship) at a services on the way.
On way back it motored home , getting to Lewes at 1.45am, despite not getting away from Carrow Road until about 10.30pm.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I went with my lad from Lewes on Friday on ST 11.
Coach was on time, comfortable, had a toilet, plenty of room. Arrived at Norwich an hour or so before kick off even with a 45 minute stop (no hardship) at a services on the way.
On way back it motored home , getting to Lewes at 1.45am, despite not getting away from Carrow Road until about 10.30pm.

Lucky for some! As I have said in the Coaches to Norwich thread, the travel there was just plain stupid on the coach company's (Woods) part. Delay the set off time by nearly 2 hours, get 30 mins away from Norwich for a 45!!!!!!!!!! minute break at a layby by a pig farm. Yet on the way back when we did stop at services, we only had a 20 min break and nearly left without 3 passengers after the 'coach steward' hadn't counted properly. It was nothing short of shambolic and I'll stick to trains in future. If there is a situation where I did have to consider coaches, I'd look at other options i.e. Blues Away.

It was also annoying that we seemed to crawl back to the M25 seeing as we were frequently overtaken by other supporter coaches, including one from the same coach company!

Regardless, I'm still annoyed about it as you can tell and it's been 3 days!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lucky for some! As I have said in the Coaches to Norwich thread, the travel there was just plain stupid on the coach company's (Woods) part. Delay the set off time by nearly 2 hours, get 30 mins away from Norwich for a 45!!!!!!!!!! minute break at a layby by a pig farm. Yet on the way back when we did stop at services, we only had a 20 min break and nearly left without 3 passengers after the 'coach steward' hadn't counted properly. It was nothing short of shambolic and I'll stick to trains in future. If there is a situation where I did have to consider coaches, I'd look at other options i.e. Blues Away.

It was also annoying that we seemed to crawl back to the M25 seeing as we were frequently overtaken by other supporter coaches, including one from the same coach company!

Sounds horrible. Guessing very bad luck with that particular ST supplier.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Told to be quiet on a football chartered coach ? :mad: kinel beggars belief , think i did it once to shrewsbury and it was as much fun as going to shrewsbury , blues away are pretty darn good on the other hand , the lovely french maid who hands out the pies and drinks is a welcome bonus .

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
As I said before, I've used ST 6 times this season. Never been told to be quiet. Always arrived at least an hour before kickoff for drinks. Never been late leaving Sussex. Never had a problem with them. I guess it depends on what steward and coach company you get for your trip after reading the negative responses on here.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Lucky for some! As I have said in the Coaches to Norwich thread, the travel there was just plain stupid on the coach company's (Woods) part. Delay the set off time by nearly 2 hours, get 30 mins away from Norwich for a 45!!!!!!!!!! minute break at a layby by a pig farm. Yet on the way back when we did stop at services, we only had a 20 min break and nearly left without 3 passengers after the 'coach steward' hadn't counted properly. It was nothing short of shambolic and I'll stick to trains in future. If there is a situation where I did have to consider coaches, I'd look at other options i.e. Blues Away.k

Hope you have told Seagull Travel

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We used ST on Friday - first time, normally either Train or Car for us.

Was fine, one x 45 minute break on the way there, in Norwich in time for a couple of pints at a pretty decent pub.

It took 50 minutes to get out of the Coach park and away from Norwich itself, and the M25 was closed for a stretch, meaning a 20 minute diversion. No stop on the way home.

Still back in Horsham by 2.15.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
ST my experience.
As I go away alone most of the time the coach works out cheaper. Any more than two people and driving is best. Never used the train as I live in the sticks.
Arrives generally with an hour or two to spare so a couple of beers in a pub are possible.
Leaves within 30 minutes of the whistle or quicker if everyone is on board.
Will stop once to Villa but expect a straight dash back (although it will be mid afternoon so traffic may be heavy and force a driver stop).
For convenience, door to door most grounds, nothing better. Bags can be left safely on the coach during the game (water and sarnies).
Bad bits. There is seldom any chat on the coach and certainly no singing.
I've used them around 8 times this year, not used them three times when the family came too for a weekend away.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Still some reasonably cheap train tickets available if you buy advance.

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think it is fair to judge ST on the Norwich game. From what I have seen and heard, they had to do everything to a very tight budget which is why they went with the single driver option, no stops, tight times, etc. The Woods coaches were a first for them (and probably a last from some of the comments on twitter).

I've not had any problems with ST in the past. Yes, they have had coaches break down occasionally or some delayed in traffic but then so did Costa Coaches back in the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here