Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrea Leadsom for new PM?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good to see The Sun covering it was as well so we know it isn't fake news. I read in The Sunday Times.

Of course it isn't fake news, it's from the horses mouth, Murdoch has decided she is not good enough so she's out. As an aside, anyone on here in the East Worthing and Shoreham constituency should remember that Tim Laughton MP was a fervent and vigorous supporter of Leadsom for PM ! error of judgement or what ?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Of course it isn't fake news, it's from the horses mouth, Murdoch has decided she is not good enough so she's out. As an aside, anyone on here in the East Worthing and Shoreham constituency should remember that Tim Laughton MP was a fervent and vigorous supporter of Leadsom for PM ! error of judgement or what ?

I'd say 'what'. He won't be the last person to get involved with someone they met after a period of intense celebration, only to regret it later.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd say 'what'. He won't be the last person to get involved with someone they met after a period of intense celebration, only to regret it later.

He certainly backed the wrong horse, I can't see him being welcomed back in to Cabinet if St.Theresa wins.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Heard nothing since her Jam, Biscuits and Tea Brexit line. Should have stayed at the local WI

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I was just reading the really, really tragic news in the paper that Mrs May will sack Mrs Leadsom from the cabinet after the election, for basically being useless.

and some people wanted her to be Prime Minister. :rotlf:

Leadsom and other leading Brexiteers (Boris, Fox). Likelihood of these rumours turning out to be true probably dependent on the size of the majority she gets. Anything near to or over 100 makes it more likely but if enough of the electorate vote tactically keeping the majority down to 50,60,70 then the Eurosceptic /Brexiteer hardcore section of the Tory parliamentary party (60 ish) will still have enough clout to keep her honest for a hard/real Brexit. Fingers crossed enough people 'tactically' vote Lib Dem then .... :wink:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Leadsom and other leading Brexiteers (Boris, Fox). Likelihood of these rumours turning out to be true probably dependent on the size of the majority she gets. Anything near to or over 100 makes it more likely but if enough of the electorate vote tactically keeping the majority down to 50,60,70 then the Eurosceptic /Brexiteer hardcore section of the Tory parliamentary party (60 ish) will still have enough clout to keep her honest for a hard/real Brexit. Fingers crossed enough people 'tactically' vote Lib Dem then .... :wink:

I think you're right that this is the calculation. Still, I hope my libdem vote helps them knock a tory out down here in the southwest, hard or soft brexit makes little difference to me in the long run, its shite regardless

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He certainly backed the wrong horse, I can't see him being welcomed back in to Cabinet if St.Theresa wins.

He'll never be welcomed back because he's never been in the Cabinet: he's only been a junior minister.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
He'll never be welcomed back because he's never been in the Cabinet: he's only been a junior minister.

And was widely regarded as being useless and pretty thick. Cameron couldn't stand him. Senior Tories have always mocked him as an arriviste, a serious crime to the Bullingdon mafia. His own Department of Education described him as"lazy, incompetent narcissist obsessed only with self-promotion".

He is an absolute ringer for Tim, Tim nice but dim with a shocking dress sense. He would win the prize at the Villa Portillofest hands down. As you can guess, I shan't be voting for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here