Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French presidential election.

larus

Can't see a thread on this but an interesting outcome is quite possible. The polls are tight and the attack last week has complicated the situation even more.

11 candidates, but only 2 go through to the run-off. There is the chance that Le Pen and Melenchon could get through as the polls are too close to be certain, and we know that polls aren't fallible. That's the far-right and far-left former Trotskyist candidates.

Both say they would leave NATO and renegotiate to varying degrees the relationship of France with the EU/EURO.

Markets could be interesting tomorrow if this happens and make BREXIT seem like a sneeze compared to the flu.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I drove from St Malo yesterday and had to smile at all the Frexit posters I saw on the roadside

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I drove from St Malo yesterday and had to smile at all the Frexit posters I saw on the roadside

I love St. Malo and Dinard. One of my favourite places and my friends from Paris have a holiday home in St Malo but they are predominantly Breton. Many don't even want to be part of France, never mind Europe.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Interesting I read somewhere the other day that the French elections work in such a way that people tend to vote with their heart in the first round, then with their heads in the second round.

Be interesting if the far-left candidate and Le Pen contest it out for Round Two, since they're both keen on the idea of France leaving the EU. Unlikely though, I suspect the centrist (Macron?) will end up taking on Le Pen.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Macron & Fillon in my house

hopefully that will be the run off

with Fillon winning,he's pro british you know

even looks after the misses :lol:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Rigged? I've never seen any suggestions that French elections are unfair. What do you base this idea on?

The #1 sign of a rigged election is the candidate I want to win, losing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure how this will go but I suspect it will polarise the vote with a large swing away from the centre towards the left and right. Middle ground candidates are going to get burnt.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It's going to be two non-establishment names facing off.

One a reasoned and sensible option and one a raving lunatic.

I would imagine that the anything-but-Le Pen brigade will throw their weight behind Macron to see a crisis averted. Needed to be either Macron or Fillon to get through to beat Le Pen. Thankfully Macron is the man to get the job done

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here