Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich on Friday

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Just for the record, I would also liked us to smash Bristol City. Mainly for their 'one team in Bristol' crap when they signed Taylor from Rovers. Just for that, I would absolutely love them to get relegated and have to play them next season.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I thought this but then imagine a full to bursting point Amex all singing "BRING ON THE CHAMPIONS" in unison and at the same speed

At the same speed? Would be nice but will never happen. Can't even sing GOSBTS at the same speed with music to keep us in time. Half still get the words wrong even though they're on the screen :lol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Let's just win the league on Friday, eh ? And then have a good old party* and trophy celebration at the friendly v Bristol City.

* Newcastle could also set this up by losing on Monday or Friday next week.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We certainly don't want to be as inept as Reading were away to Norwich.

I am expecting a few changes at most which will be focused on giving us the best chance to win the game. I doubt we will switch off and coast as the title is still on the line and we want to go up as Champions.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I thought this but then imagine a full to bursting point Amex all singing "BRING ON THE CHAMPIONS" in unison and at the same speed.

This would work if they didn't play bloody ring of fire or whatever. Pretty sure we would have had a stadium-wide "we're on our way" on Monday if they hadn't blasted music out of the tannoy.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Should absolutely be gunning for that 101 points so no, no resting of players.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Do we think CH Will they rest some of the first team players and give some fringe players a start?

Not that the game matters so much if 3 points can be gained v Bristol or Villa the league is won. I have a feeling there might be a bit of a “hang over”. Would it be worth resting a few players with Bristol City in mind or is potentialy breaking up a winning run likely to be detrimental?

No chance.

He is after the league title on Friday night so that it is ready to be paraded at the next home game. You might get the odd change just so that players he thinks deserve bit more ''game time'' get that but for sure he is gunning for the title ASAP

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This would work if they didn't play bloody ring of fire or whatever. Pretty sure we would have had a stadium-wide "we're on our way" on Monday if they hadn't blasted music out of the tannoy.

It's never really worked before when they've left it quiet. It's been tried several times.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I am very much thinking Leicester away from three seasons back when we stuffed them 4-1 (or 4-0) at their place the the first game after they were crowned champions.

Norwich will have a bit to prove, Pritchard in particular, so yep can see the team being freshened up a bit.

I thought this
And they bought Ulloa after he scored a few in that game

Still reckon we'll go strong against Norwich to secure the title- can you imagine Knockers' reaction to being left out?!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Pub for Norwich game The Coach And Horses - Dog-friendly pub with home-brewed real ale, hearty pub grub, real fire and large TV for sport fans. Address: 82 Thorpe Rd, Norwich NR1 1BA

I had food there while away for work and it was superb. I think the beer was good and brewed in house.

Just called them and they are happy to have away fans 5 to 10 mins from the ground.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Let's just win the league on Friday, eh ? And then have a good old party* and trophy celebration at the friendly v Bristol City.

* Newcastle could also set this up by losing on Monday or Friday next week.

I was thinking that a nice draw at Norwich and then wrap it up at home. Then I forgot that Newcastle United had plenty of time to take the fun out of it for us.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
can you imagine Knockers' reaction to being left out?!

tantrum.gif

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Pub for Norwich game The Coach And Horses - Dog-friendly pub with home-brewed real ale, hearty pub grub, real fire and large TV for sport fans. Address: 82 Thorpe Rd, Norwich NR1 1BA

I had food there while away for work and it was superb. I think the beer was good and brewed in house.

Just called them and they are happy to have away fans 5 to 10 mins from the ground.

I had this one recommended to me by a Fulham colleague this morning. Will look in if I haven't found somewhere better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here