Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Punishment" for the pitch invaders?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I wouldn't chance it myself. The club won't ban all the invaders but there's a good chance they'll make examples of a few.

That person could be you.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I wouldn't chance it myself. The club won't ban all the invaders but there's a good chance they'll make examples of a few.

That person could be you.

Agreed. I can see bans for some and lots of crying about how unfair it is. As if people weren't warned. The CCTV will be in overdrive.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
All offenders will be made to wear farrah trousers and have their sweaters tied around their shoulders , no way i'm risking that shit .

View attachment 84012

It's Farah, with one "r".

I was going to say "and you are deriding what has been my look for 40 years", but I have never owned a pair of Farah slacks in my life. And I just don't like the word slacks.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Agreed. I can see bans for some and lots of crying about how unfair it is. As if people weren't warned. The CCTV will be in overdrive.

I especially wouldn't do it if you've had any kind of previous with the club AT ALL. If you even think there's the slightest chance you might be on their watch list then stay off the pitch.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Threat of docked points from the FA should stop it happening . Mind you some idiots still would not care .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's Farah, with one "r".

I was going to say "and you are deriding what has been my look for 40 years", but I have never owned a pair of Farah slacks in my life. And I just don't like the word slacks.

Seriously , 40 Years ? you must have invaded , taken a dump on the penalty spot then posted it to the queen .

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
I really; really cant see anyone getting actually banned for a good natured quick celebratory pitch invasion.

Its tradition. And yes it should be spontanious which is why its a great shame the club even sent the threat out. Cant see anything similar on the sites of plymouth portsmouth newcastle etc.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
If anyone with a Bristol City ticket invades the pitch after Wigan and gets banned for life, can they flog me the BC ticket. Every cloud.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh goody, another massive thread repeating the other thread full of namby Pamby poncery about why it's the crime of the century.

Kick your high heels of boys and join in the fun. Otherwise your kids are going to look at you with disdain when you answer the question " Daddy how did you celebrate our historic promotion after all those years of struggle"

Well son, i sat and watched everyone else enjoying themselves then it was home for a quick **** and off to bed.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Too old for this lark, plus I'm in WSU but, as someone who's 'seen it all before', we did not invade the pitch at Newcastle in 1979.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Oh goody, another massive thread repeating the other thread full of namby Pamby poncery about why it's the crime of the century.

Kick your high heels of boys and join in the fun. Otherwise your kids are going to look at you with disdain when you answer the question " Daddy how did you celebrate our historic promotion after all those years of struggle"

Well son, i sat and watched everyone else enjoying themselves then it was home for a quick **** and off to bed.

Lemmings celebrate by leaping off a cliff because one idiot says this is how we must all celebrate otherwise we are not lemmings, whereas others celebrate by waving them off, We seem to have a lot of lemmings on NSC who can not abide those intelligent ones who are just happy to wave goodbye,

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If people invade the pitch, I don't think it's going to make much difference now other than spoil things for the players who will have to run straight off. Can't see them coming back out to celebrate a promotion anyway until it's mathematically certain so if people do run on at the end, that'll be time to go home/the concourse/the pub for the rest of us.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Following on from the LONG thread about it, got me wondering just how much the club plan to enforce punishments.

The nature of a pitch invasion, should it happen, will be extremely good natured, over very quickly and be an overriding feeling of excitement and joy after many years of heart ache.

So... with that in mind, would TB, a life long albion fan who understand it all, really be in favour of actually banning good natured fans that pour onto the pitch to celebrate for a few minutes? Im not planning to go on myself with my children but i really feel sorry for the ones that do that now have this club statement in the back of their minds.

If so, what are they likely to dish out as punishment does anyone know?> Would it be signing a good behaviour promise or actually banned from attending for a few home games? or even worse a whole season? Surely not?

Easy for the club as most of the invaders have posted their intentions on NSC. Freedom of Info request and boom - I'm joking of course!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I predict that some dick will, because there's always a few that go that bit too far after three pints. And we'll hear all about it on here in a 30-page thread, about how he 'did nothing wrong' and about how 'out of touch' the club is. Nailed on.

A bit like that utter twonk against QPR. Back from a banning order and straight onto the pitch and off for another banning order.

Mong of the highest order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here