Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Punishment" for the pitch invaders?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm going on the pitch NAKED apart from a MUSTARD coloured CARDIGAN and a Paul Barber MASK, they will NEVER take me ALIVE

They may never take you ALIVE but you can be sure your NAKED buttocks will be FLAYED alive, and it will serve you right you NAUGHTY BOY.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Will it depend on identifying main instigators and the club dealing with them or supporters behaving in an over the top manner. Like with most situations don't put yourself in a position of doubt and stay well clear of the pitch

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Following on from the LONG thread about it, got me wondering just how much the club plan to enforce punishments.

The nature of a pitch invasion, should it happen, will be extremely good natured, over very quickly and be an overriding feeling of excitement and joy after many years of heart ache.

So... with that in mind, would TB, a life long albion fan who understand it all, really be in favour of actually banning good natured fans that pour onto the pitch to celebrate for a few minutes? Im not planning to go on myself with my children but i really feel sorry for the ones that do that now have this club statement in the back of their minds.

If so, what are they likely to dish out as punishment does anyone know?> Would it be signing a good behaviour promise or actually banned from attending for a few home games? or even worse a whole season? Surely not?

You have answered your own question - 'surely not'.

Really, there will be no punishment whatsoever, unless real hooliganism is involved, in my view of course.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Saying what they've said gives the club the authority to punish anyone who is caught being a bit of a knob, without needing to fully investigate exactly what they did once on the pitch. I.e. running straight to the away fans and goading them OTT, trying to act hard by roughing up away players knowing they can't react (e.g. Derby on Ulloa a couple of years ago).

SAC

May 21, 2014
Surely, if I may call you that, it depends on the nature of the pitch invasion?

Replicating the Millwall FA Cup win over Leicester by running over to the away fans to lob coins at them is rather different from a few fans doing Pardew dances on the pitch.

Personally, whilst I have nothing against a pitch invasion, it makes more sense if it is a spontaneous event rather than planned in advance which is a bit tinpot.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Let's be honest. TB was in the front row at (Fulham or Brentford) and if that was the Amex last game he'd be the first one on. A true fan #together on to the pitch.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely, if I may call you that, it depends on the nature of the pitch invasion?

Replicating the Millwall FA Cup win over Leicester by running over to the away fans to lob coins at them is rather different from a few fans doing Pardew dances on the pitch.

Personally, whilst I have nothing against a pitch invasion, it makes more sense if it is a spontaneous event rather than planned in advance which is a bit tinpot.

That word clearly does not come into it.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
That said, you could be good as gold, and just get plain unlucky. If it happens, no doubt we'll hear all about the unfairness of it all, ad infinitum, despite all the warnings.

And this is it- we've all been warned about possible consequences.
Another poster has even said recently he'd be happily exchange going on the pitch and get banned for next season which I think is pretty crazy..!

No surprises, no 'I didn't think I'd get a ban for it' etc etc.
We all know now. Ya pays ya money, ya takes the chance.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No-one will get banned if there's a mass pitch invasion. The club are going through the motions with their demands for people to stay off the pitch but it is bound to happen just as it did with the Stockport and Man City games at Withdean. Pitch invasions, for the right reasons, are brilliant and part and parcel of British football history. Long may they continue.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No-one will get banned if there's a mass pitch invasion. The club are going through the motions with their demands for people to stay off the pitch but it is bound to happen just as it did with the Stockport and Man City games at Withdean. Pitch invasions, for the right reasons, are brilliant and part and parcel of British football history. Long may they continue.

I predict that some dick will, because there's always a few that go that bit too far after three pints. And we'll hear all about it on here in a 30-page thread, about how he 'did nothing wrong' and about how 'out of touch' the club is. Nailed on.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I predict that some dick will, because there's always a few that go that bit too far after three pints. And we'll hear all about it on here in a 30-page thread, about how he 'did nothing wrong' and about how 'out of touch' the club is. Nailed on.

And they'll no doubt deserve it but as long as you do it with a smile and then get off when told to by the stewards it will all be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here