Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa tickets

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Thanks for the clarification.

Here's hoping for those that haven't got tickets that Villa completely drop out of the play off hunt and relent!

To have any chance of the play-offs, Villa have to win their remaining five games ( Reading H Fulham A Brum H Blackburn A BHA H ) They then have to rely on Wednesday not winning a single remaining game ( Cardiff H QPR A Derby H Ipswich A Fulham H ) and picking up two points or less out of that lot!! They are also relying on Fulham picking up 5 points or less out of their remaining possible 15 points.
Derby are the only side below 7th to have the slimmest outside chance of play-offs. Villa's extended stay in the Championship will be confirmed this weekend.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Think Villa have acted disgracefully.The fact that we gave them over 3200 tix for the reverse fixture.The game will be totally meaningless for them.We are BHA not Brum,Not Derby not Wolves.We are little Brighton who
Just want to enjoy the last game of an amazing season.
The fact that there will be 10000 empty seats at Villa park for this game is disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any extra concession from Villa was extremely unlikely given that the relationship between the two clubs is probably still a little strained, even though ' Barrygate ' was a long time ago.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
At 7:00pm on Friday (Wolves game ends) I will have had enough points to have already got a Villa ticket.
Not sure why loyalty points are only given out after the game (Wolves) as no one actually knows if I go or not.

I think you've basically answered your own question there. It stops people buying tickets for one game, with no intention of going, just so they can get the loyalty points to buy tickets to another supposedly "bigger" game.

Also, I still don't think that would have helped you. I bet that at least 75% of the fans who have got tickets for Villa have also got tickets for either/both Wolves and Norwich. Therefore, you still would have been behind them in the queue and the points needed for the first batch of tickets would have just been more.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Thought they would give us what we gave them tbh 3258 they brought down thought there was a deal we would get the same if not why the fxxk did we give them so many ???

To be fair, another 500 odd tickets won't make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. It is clear we are capable of selling well in excess of 7000 tickets, possibly even a lot higher. Our only chance of satisfying a lot more demand was if Villa had given us the upper tier of the North Stand, as they do for cup games, when the 15% ruling kicks in. From memory, that stand takes about 6000.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To have any chance of the play-offs, Villa have to win their remaining five games ( Reading H Fulham A Brum H Blackburn A BHA H ) They then have to rely on Wednesday not winning a single remaining game ( Cardiff H QPR A Derby H Ipswich A Fulham H ) and picking up two points or less out of that lot!! They are also relying on Fulham picking up 5 points or less out of their remaining possible 15 points.
Derby are the only side below 7th to have the slimmest outside chance of play-offs. Villa's extended stay in the Championship will be confirmed this weekend.

I never said it was a likely event but that might be what they are clinging on to!!!! Wednesday get a win at home to Cardiff and Villa drop points to Reading then that's it for Villa.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Any extra concession from Villa was extremely unlikely given that the relationship between the two clubs is probably still a little strained, even though ' Barrygate ' was a long time ago.

I doubt there is any hangover between Villa and Brighton with regard to Barry. Different regimes at both clubs.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
More to the point - Villa are bitter that the have had such a sh*t season and are absolute pony
and don't want to see anyone else celebrate.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
More to the point - Villa are bitter that the have had such a sh*t season and are absolute pony
and don't want to see anyone else celebrate.

Yep, that's my thinking too in the event we don't get a larger allocation.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Villa are selling tickets in the blocks right next to our allocation - we are NOT getting anymore tickets apart from the odd return and comps.

I bet Birmingham City wouldn't have been so f****** childish as villa have been.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If there are thousands of empty seats it will be a poor reflection on Villa, especially as we were very helpful in providing extra tickets for their visit to the Amex. I cannot see why they could not put their cup ticket policy into action. At least there is a beam-back now for those who couldn't get tickets.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Barry was a long time ago.

Colin Calderwood wasn't.

Colin Calderwood had time off for personal reasons before he moved to Villa. His family live in the Midlands so I believe he moved jobs for personal reasons, and it would be harsh to taunt him for that. Just my opinion.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In life, provided space is available then anything can be arranged if there is a will to do so.

In this instance there will be space, but for whatever reason the will isn't there from either villa or West Midlands police. That's the facts of it. As it turns out the break point for successful ticket buyers looked to have been season ticket holders who have attended both home cup matches this season, similar last season and maybe 5 away games this year. That should see those who are the most deserving being there.

I'm not one of the lucky ones as despite having enough points for me and my eldest, there wasn't enough for the rest of my family. My ire is pointed towards those in the midlands and not at our club who clearly have done what they can

In any case I've got my beam back tickets. Seems I,m in row b of block w1 f so should be in those comfy Porsche seats at the front

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Colin Calderwood had time off for personal reasons before he moved to Villa. His family live in the Midlands so I believe he moved jobs for personal reasons, and it would be harsh to taunt him for that. Just my opinion.

I have no issue with CC, though it was very evident that Chris Hughton felt let down by his decision.

I was merely responding to somebody's suggestion of reasons why there might by some bad blood between the two clubs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not one of the lucky ones as despite having enough points for me and my eldest, there wasn't enough for the rest of my family. My ire is pointed towards those in the midlands and not at our club who clearly have done what they can

Same. Could have got a ticket for myself, but not for my two boys, so game over.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I have no issue with CC, though it was very evident that Chris Hughton felt let down by his decision.

I was merely responding to somebody's suggestion of reasons why there might by some bad blood between the two clubs.

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that you had an issue, but I have seen some comments elsewhere that he should be reminded of what he left.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I doubt there is any hangover between Villa and Brighton with regard to Barry. Different regimes at both clubs.

No - the only recent possibility of bad blood is over Calderwood but I doubt they'd let that get in the way of ticket allocation. It just goes to show that we are much more accommodating to away fans than they are to us.

IF we go up then I hope we have some reasonable dialogue with other clubs regarding a tit for tat arrangement on allocation. Any club giving us a poor allocation should be rewarded with the lowest possible we can get away with in return.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here