Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Glenn Murray go down in history as a legend in the same way as Bobby Zamora IF we are

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember Bobby's last 6 months prior to departure, when happeared to be sulking and wishing away. Stoke away, anyone? I don't ever remember Murray doing similar. So Murray is just as much a legend. And I'm old enough to have seen Ward, Binney, Irvine and Dawson.

Sir Glenn
Sir Robert

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The wage difference was more than that. Even Poyet (in effect blaming it on the Board, not himself), said in 2013 that we had a very restricted rigid budget for existing staff pay rises. Whether it was Poyet or the Board, we will have to wait for the GM or TB autobio, Palace ended up paying GM more than double his League One wages.

GM was coming up to 28 years of age then. Who can blame him for securing a contract for his future?

Yep the whole jump was from around £4.5kish to £11kish. One day in a book, or at an informal down the pub fans forum we may find out if someone is cheeky enough to ask at a live event.

Even if he did stay Poyet and Murray were never going to be compatible so I doubt we would have been promoted under that format. It is so much better for Murray to be back here under Hughton now, and to go up with Hughton and the team he has built.

If I could go back in time to the start of the Amex era, and could choose the season we got promoted like a God could, I would choose this season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was a different time. Back then BZ was the kind of quality player we would dream of having, Today GM is the kind of quality of player we expect to have.

This. And I nevertheless love them both.

And only a Palarse fan would ask me 'which the most?'.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yes for me too.

There is no way we would be where we are without him. And he's stayed fit at a time when our striking options haven't been plentiful.

He played 3 games in 7 days last week and scored in all of them -pretty good for a 33 year old at the end of a long season.

If he's injured at any time this season I don't think we'd have done it. Hemed is good but not in the same class, Baldock injury prone and Akpom rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Puts it perfectly for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep the whole jump was from around £4.5kish to £11kish. One day in a book, or at an informal down the pub fans forum we may find out if someone is cheeky enough to ask at a live event.

Even if he did stay Poyet and Murray were never going to be compatible so I doubt we would have been promoted under that format. It is so much better for Murray to be back here under Hughton now, and to go up with Hughton and the team he has built.

If I could go back in time to the start of the Amex era, and could choose the season we got promoted like a God could, I would choose this season.

Really good take on it. The teams under GP and OG lacked pace, were low scoring and injury prone. How would they have got on in the PL, even with reinforcements?

Through adversity and experience, I'm sure the club are so much better prepared now. It's great that CH will manage that for us.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We all know that hindsight is a wonderful thing.Until Murray fired us to league 1 glory in 2010 we had a very topsy turvy relationship with him.I can remember him being booed at withdean when he said he wanted to go on the transfer list because he was home sick.
When we moved to the Amex we were always going to make a big signing to show our intent.If Murray had stayed I still believe we would have signed CMS.
We signed CMS under the noses of Leicester & West Ham & if I remember rightly we were very happy with ourselves that we managed to sign him.Maybe Murray knew the clubs plans & that is why he rejected the clubs offer of a new contract.
BZ came back last season & without a doubt lifted the club but he was not fit & I think we were lucky to see as much of him as we did.
Murray returned this season initially on loan but also knowing
he had bridges to build.He has been amazing absolute class.He has worked his socks off week in week out.Is it luck or is it a coincidence that the last time we got promoted he was in our team & when we get him back we get promoted again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here