Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Off!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It is extremely dull.

So all the years we've had pitch invasions we've been classless supporters?

If it wasn't for us fans the players wouldn't be there! They wouldn't be top either if it wasn't for our great support throughout the season. We as fans deserve our time onthe pitch. It's the stuff dreams are made out of. I love watching pitch invasions, hoping one day I'll get my chance again, with my club and my fellow fans.

If you don't want to go on the pitch, then fair enough, but don't have a go at the people who want to.

Yes, I hope they turn the sprinklers on too, will be even more fun.

I don't like pitch invasions, ergo I'm critical of those that do. I don't like cider drinkers either. Maybe it's irrational, but it's my opinion. I like celebrating in the stands, like for a goal or a win. I'll hopefully only have to wait 10mins for you to go on, have your look at me moment, then back in the stands. Anyway I'm pretty sure I'll be too happy to give a crap on the day.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
If fans don't go on the pitch I'll be very very disappointed......

I'll be rushing out of the west stand lower, looking forward to it. If it so happens we are promoted at home, Christ almighty what a moment that will be

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
i will be together with all those not invading the pitch (as politely requested by our club and captain)

Yes, because Bruno definitely said that.

See you all on the pitch.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I remember at Withdean 100's on the pitch already and a couple of knobhead stewards took down a fella trying to get on ffs. This stinks of your customers not fans again.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
That wasn't the game they got promoted. They invaded the pitch when they beat QPR to go up. Newcastle also pitch invaded when they got promoted at Plymouth a few years ago.

As should every fan if they want to at such a momentous moment. What sort of world are we living in if it's frowned upon to be excited and exuberant at such a brilliant moment

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Pitch invasions are so last century. If the club doesn't want it, I think they have earned the right to ask fans not to do it. All this gratitude to Uncle Tony and outpourings of adulation for club, players, management, history etc and the moment they ask us to do something in return, it's 'No, we'll do it if want to'. Well here's a thought, let's do as the club asks and enjoy it from our seats, applaud and cheer from our seats, even stand if you like, but respect the club.

D

Deleted member 2719

ridiculous from Barber. True suit lacking the feel of a real fan.

All about Control.

No one is going to be digging the pitch up. It will be people in mainly trainers for less than 30 minutes. The grounds men wouldn't have a problem sorting that.

As for the threat of exclusion .... shame on you !!

Crazy to even put this out when we've waited nearly 40 years for this and many close to the current supporters no longer alive.

On the pitch and celebrate. Bloody stiffs !!

Very true.

I have said it before and I will say it again he is out of touch with the long term Albion fans.

Why is he out of touch because he hasn't been with the club through our turmoil and has no understanding of our fans.

His ideal customer? The JCL corporate type of fan. (I do not fit that mould)

No wonder Palarse and Pompey always out sing us.

I hope we have a sensible pitch invasion the fans deserve it, let the players wave at the fans from one of the balconies they never had a problem at the Goldstone Ground.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The fact of the matter is that there WILL be a pitch invasion if we secure promotion at home - the club can't stop that. If there wasn't then truly we have become everything wrong with sanitised modern football. Personally I won't (can't) go on the pitch but who doesn't love the absolute scenes of a pitch invasion? This is something that has been building at the Amex for the past 5 years, it will happen when (if) it happens.

Exactly this. I'm really worried by some fans attitudes towards pitch invasions on here.

It truly is one of the best moments in football and they want to turn it into normal, unsuccessful end of season event. Unbelievable.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
As other have said, I think the club has to be seen to make a statement like this but when it happens TB, PB, etc will be looking on with quiet satisfaction as the Amex plays host to its first ever pitch invasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Pitch invasions are so last century. If the club doesn't want it, I think they have earned the right to ask fans not to do it. All this gratitude to Uncle Tony and outpourings of adulation for club, players, management, history etc and the moment they ask us to do something in return, it's 'No, we'll do it if want to'. Well here's a thought, let's do as the club asks and enjoy it from our seats, applaud and cheer from our seats, even stand if you like, but respect the club.

They do want it, just the modern obsession with legally covering your back and safety first.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Very true.

I have said it before and I will say it again he is out of touch with the long term Albion fans.

Why is he out of touch because he hasn't been with the club through our turmoil and has no understanding of our fans.

His ideal customer? The JCL corporate type of fan. (I do not fit that mould)

No wonder Palarse and Pompey always out sing us.

I hope we have a sensible pitch invasion the fans deserve it, let the players wave at the fans from one of the balconies they never had a problem at the Goldstone Ground.

Funnily enough it's fans like you who sound out of touch. Would you really rather have had your club run like Palace or Pompey. Go support them if you want to behave like their neanderthals - sorry, fans. The Goldstone has gone, long live The Amex.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Having witnessed this on the last day of last season i'd rather selfishly like our lot on the pitch ...but whatever will be will be and lets get promoted first

IMG_0318.jpg

PS just leave the opposition players alone

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Funnily enough it's fans like you who sound out of touch. Would you really rather have had your club run like Palace or Pompey. Go support them if you want to behave like their neanderthals - sorry, fans. The Goldstone has gone, long live The Amex.

Good luck holding back the thousands of "neanderthals" No way is it some sort of base or hooligan element, it's an expression of sheer joy

D

Deleted member 2719

I'll give you Pompey and Palarse are neanderthals, but do we really want to end up the quietest stadium in the Premiership???
Because we will if we keep controlling the fans on a leash, look at the bigger picture we are a club for kids, pensioners and middle aged business men.
The working man is being forced out of it slowly but surely.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I remember at Withdean 100's on the pitch already and a couple of knobhead stewards took down a fella trying to get on ffs. This stinks of your customers not fans again.

Yes the Dick with the glasses! Nasty piece of work he was.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here