Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Off!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Back row of East Upper.
Rope ladder may look a bit obvious.
Blue/White toilet rolls twisted together maybe.
Or walk out and go back in to the East Lower AND ON TO THE PITCH.
I've waited too long.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I remember 1991. Dean Wilkins fabulous free kick in stoppage time to send Brighton to the playoffs. I was among of a lot of fans who were on the pitch then. The players had to come of the pitch, and the game wasn't even finished. Must have been 10 minutes for the final 1 minute to be played.

Great memories. Political correctness gone mad with this statement.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I remember 1991. Dean Wilkins fabulous free kick in stoppage time to send Brighton to the playoffs. I was among of a lot of fans who were on the pitch then. The players had to come of the pitch, and the game wasn't even finished. Must have been 10 minutes for the final 1 minute to be played.

Great memories. Political correctness gone mad with this statement.

Yet a very similar statement would've been made in the Argus prior to that game which I also attended. These statements and there wording aren't a new thing

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We had this whole discussion before the pitch invasions at Withdean and exactly the same will happen again.

1. Club issues statement saying please keep off the pitch.
2. At the game, the PA announcer asks that people keep off the pitch or there will be no player's lap of honour.
3. Pitch invasion happens for about 5-10 minutes. All good spirited.
4. Everyone clears off the pitch and the players come out for their lap of honour.
5. Everyone goes home happy.

Don't see the need for such a big debate?

2. PA announcer practically in tears begging people to get off the pitch, wasn't it ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I couldn't manage more than one page of comments. There WILL be a pitch invasion, I could almost guarantee that. Personally I think it's a bit dumb and pointless, but there we are.

The club has done all it can to try and prevent it, but it's merely paying lip service and will fall on deaf ears of those who have too much 'emotion' in them and who aren't happy just celebrating in their seats.

At least the queues for the trains won't be too bad if a load of fans are on the turf :shrug: #EveryCloud

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I am with the club on this, stay off the pitch and celebrate from your seat.

Apologies if thats dull but I want to see the players and staff walk around the pitch and be able to applaud them properly.

What he said, unfortunately.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1. Club issues statement saying please keep off the pitch.
2. At the game, the PA announcer asks that people keep off the pitch or there will be no player's lap of honour.
3. Pitch invasion happens for about 5-10 minutes. All good spirited.
4. Everyone clears off the pitch and the players come out for their lap of honour.
5. Everyone goes home happy.
This........

Can understand why they've said this but it is merely lip service, a number of clubs have secured promotions, championships even Premierships, there is the obligatory pitch invasion, then with large messages on the scoreboard and expert stewarding the pitch can be cleared fairly quickly for the players and staff to come back on for their lap of honour.
.....and this.

Good natured invasion of the pitch after the final whistle, don't damage done to the pitch or anything else. Give it 5-10 minutes, then make an equally good natured announcement over the PA, 'OK. you've had your fun, now please clear the pitch for the players to do their lap of honour'. Pitch will be cleared in 2 or 3 minutes maximum.

No problem. For anybody.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I couldn't manage more than one page of comments. There WILL be a pitch invasion, I could almost guarantee that. Personally I think it's a bit dumb and pointless, but there we are.

The club has done all it can to try and prevent it, but it's merely paying lip service and will fall on deaf ears of those who have too much 'emotion' in them and who aren't happy just celebrating in their seats.

At least the queues for the trains won't be too bad if a load of fans are on the turf :shrug: #EveryCloud

You'll still get the early leavers who apparently "always leave early, no matter what"..

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
This........

.....and this.

Good natured invasion of the pitch after the final whistle, don't damage done to the pitch or anything else. Give it 5-10 minutes, then make an equally good natured announcement over the PA, 'OK. you've had your fun, now please clear the pitch for the players to do their lap of honour'. Pitch will be cleared in 2 or 3 minutes maximum.

No problem. For anybody.

Health and safety mate. What if somebody trips over a wayward blade of grass and causes mayhem.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am with the club on this, stay off the pitch and celebrate from your seat.

Apologies if thats dull but I want to see the players and staff walk around the pitch and be able to applaud them properly.

It isn't dull, it is what a set of supporters with class and respect would do. The players have earned their right for their playing area not to be invaded by a load fans wanting to bathe in the reflected glory of what they've achieved - and that is all it is. Always looks pathetic with a load of loons jumping around then realising there is bugger all to do, and no one else can enjoy the moment. The supporters that do this have to my mind never played any competitive sport in their lives, because if they did, they would be able to show the respect actual sportsman who have achieved something deserve.

I hope they turn the bloody sprinklers on if anyone does run on.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH.

Same as every Brighton promotion, ever. We've even done it at away grounds when we've gone up, so good luck keeping people off the pitch at the Amex.

It's a shame it's impossible for the club to say something like "we really need you to stay off the pitch if we get promoted at the Wigan game because we have another game to play, but we will have a more relaxed attitude after the Bristol game as that's the last game". People would listen to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope we can invade...

I'm after a new underlawn irrigation system for my back garden.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It isn't dull, it is what a set of supporters with class and respect would do. The players have earned their right for their playing area not to be invaded by a load fans wanting to bathe in the reflected glory of what they've achieved - and that is all it is. Always looks pathetic with a load of loons jumping around then realising there is bugger all to do, and no one else can enjoy the moment. The supporters that do this have to my mind never played any competitive sport in their lives, because if they did, they would be able to show the respect actual sportsman who have achieved something deserve.

I hope they turn the bloody sprinklers on if anyone does run on.

You're criticising quite a varied demographic of albion fans with that, not to mention it is complete bollocks and I disagree entirely with it.

It's a celebration, and all in good spirits. I doubt it will be very long before everyone 'respectfully' moves back to their seats with absolutely zero damage done to the pitch and nobody harmed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
enjoying a once in a lifetime moment.

Even if you discount the many promotions, this will the 2nd time in my lifetime that the team will have been promoted to the top division. So once in a lifetime is best left to Talking Heads rather than trying to justify your decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here