Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
[tweet]603576013159817219[/tweet]

On the subject of milk, a tweet I sent a while back. This still happens.

Every day.

That is brilliant, just how difficult is it to rinse out a milk bottle? I can only presume you have to travel literally YARDS to put it in a place where it can be recycled.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That is brilliant, just how difficult is it to rinse out a milk bottle? I can only presume you have to travel literally YARDS to put it in a place where it can be recycled.

You have to literally turn through a full 180 DEGREES from the fridge to the sink in order to wash out a bottle, and then leave it on the side.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sounds like my office. Didn't realise there was a tea fund though, I'm going to have a look in the kitchen [emoji23][emoji23]

The notices on chairs thing really does my head in. They're ADJUSTABLE FFS, just adjust it back.......we work in a 'hot desk' environment - I think half the problem is people don't like not 'owning' a desk and chair, so they make up all sorts of bollocks 'conditions' so they become 'special needs staff'. ******s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]851795499887853570[/tweet]

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
] :clap2:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not sure if you are going to make the 6 months mark if your first 3 days are typical! :ohmy:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's amazing how fully grown adults in suits and ties can become babies in an office environment. I used to suffer the same BC behaviour in my office days. I now work in construction and building maintenance. I work alone or with contractors, plan my own schedule of works and prioritise jobs myself.
If anyone acted anything like some of the BC's mentioned here they would get called a **** to their face and that would be an end to it. Humans clearly aren't designed to work as closely together as some do in offices. The "Me first" mentality is why I left office work in the first place.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
If anyone acted anything like some of the BC's mentioned here they would get called a **** to their face and that would be an end to it.

In most of the companies I have worked for sadly not; HR would step in and there would have to be several meetings to get to the bottom of why this incident could have happened.

Some future retraining of the different parties would no doubt be involved but I'm sure we would agree that at the end of the day it was a learning experience all around.

And yes I work for myself these days... :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sounds like my office. Didn't realise there was a tea fund though, I'm going to have a look in the kitchen [emoji23][emoji23]

The notices on chairs thing really does my head in. They're ADJUSTABLE FFS, just adjust it back.......we work in a 'hot desk' environment - I think half the problem is people don't like not 'owning' a desk and chair, so they make up all sorts of bollocks 'conditions' so they become 'special needs staff'. ******s.

I left all my stuff on a hot desk one night because I was last one out and planned to be first one in at 7am too the following morning. You guessed it, when I arrived the only other person who had arrived had sat at that hot desk...but wasn't there (just got in put her handbag down and went off to the toilet). I therefore moved her handbag from 'my' chair to the adjacent desk so's didn't have to move all my paperwork, log onto new phone etc. She didn't return for over an hour as it turned out and when she did she went absolutely mental that she was now going to be sat 1ft away in an exactly the same desk etc! Weird, just absolutely weird! Demanded why had I not asked her permission etc. Created an almighty fuss, song and dance to such an extent I started laughing at her because I couldn't;t believe a 35 year old woman could be so pathetic I thought she was actually pulling my leg. Only she wasn't she was serious so my reaction just further enraged her. In the end, I invited her into a meeting room to 'discuss her feelings' in private as she was by now creating such a scene half the office was eating early morning pringles. She accepted, I closed the door and then, my turn, I ripped into her 'you don't get to talk to me in that way' etc. Polite but firm and very fair. She apologised, I rejected it and said I'd only accept in front of the whole office but she was by then sheepish and contrite but not that sheepish and contrite (she was one of those 'boarding school, mummy and daddy live in Aaaarfrica types i.e. a right stuck up bitch always banging on about how down to earth they are but have had every privilege life has to offer growing up). Basically think she thought, because I'm generally nice and easy going, that she could walk in and sqweem and sqweem to get her own way. Hopefully she learnt her lesson. But what a BELL CHEESE she was*

*and probably still is

I hated office life by the end, now I'm pretty much my own boss and don't have to get involved in this corporate bollocks anymore. Thank god!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Taking of Bell Cheese. I went to the fridge in the rest area yesterday and it stunk of camembert. Went in there this morning and still there going even more.

I have now just had a bloody big whiff of it, so it is somewhere in the office now. I love Cheese but really!

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I was recommending this thread to a mate and he told me that at his workplace there's someone who leaves post-it notes on the kitchen worktop saying 'Do not leave your mug here'. Of course, this means that everyone....you've guessed the rest.
Now I mainly work from home, it's only my good lady wife who I can wind up with deliberately slapdash wiping of kitchen table and incorrect dishwasher loading.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fitbit-obsessed bird is at it again.........talking about the days stupendous achievements so far (walking to the vending machine, possibly).

....and has just eaten a grab-bag of maltesers (like those they sell at the cinema) before 'just having a sandwich today'.

Fitbit will I imagine be returned to the shop soon, as it clearly doesn't work. She hasn't lost an OUNCE.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Fitbit-obsessed bird is at it again.........talking about the days stupendous achievements so far (walking to the vending machine, possibly).

....and has just eaten a grab-bag of maltesers (like those they sell at the cinema) before 'just having a sandwich today'.

Fitbit will I imagine be returned to the shop soon, as it clearly doesn't work. She hasn't lost an OUNCE.

I had one of these conversations yesterday. Told me she was nowhere her count for the day. Told her the further she walked away from me the more steps she'd have. Could see she was genuinely torn between being insulted or happy for the suggestion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had one of these conversations yesterday. Told me she was nowhere her count for the day. Told her the further she walked away from me the more steps she'd have. Could see she was genuinely torn between being insulted or happy for the suggestion.
Brilliant! I'm using that 😂 😂 😂

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here