Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans near County borders

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
I am now based in Bognor after ten years in France. I travel to the Amex with 'Seagull Travel' and usually about a dozen get aboard here. I do not see any blue & white stripes around the town but neither do I spot many Pompey shirts. I think most people prefer to stay incognito.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
To be fair since moving to Devon last year, I've seen more rugby shirts than football fans standing out in public.

During the six nations, loads of pubs had flags and bunting outside, and were heaving with revellers. There isn't even that level of excitement for local derbies between Yeovil, Exetrer and Plymouth. Just my observations.

Be interesting to hear from overseas fans and levels of support for British football clubs as well.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Worthing has always been more Brighton than Brighton itself! Although now and again I do see the the odd Pompey ****tard in Durrington Tesco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Worthing has always been more Brighton than Brighton itself! Although now and again I do see the the odd Pompey ****tard in Durrington Tesco.

100 % this.
The Worthing and surrounding areas including Littlehampton , lancing and Shoreham have always been the Albion heartland.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In a kind of 'nowhere' area of Sussex (near Pulborough) where there's a bit of a mix, but sadly most of the kids are still following PL teams...a fair few Arsenal/Chelsea fans.

When I lived in Littlehampton, there were more and more Albion shirts/car stickers appearing the better we did, but still a few Pompey. Also a few Palace, but they needed to live somewhere cheap and run down so they lived in Wick :lolol:

Just down the way in West Chilt, we give a couple of old boys (STH) a lift to home games, see one or two other Albion hats/scarves/shirts about the place, occasionally a wee crowd of Seagulls in the Five Bells, Storrington has a few regulars too. don't really see any other overtly obvious fans of other teams about the place though.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm in the Hastings area. There are a lot of fellow Albion fans about in this neck of the woods, but plenty of support for the usual suspects in The Premier League, mostly London clubs.

Echo this entirely. I do see buses taking fans from here to Arsenal etc but have been pleasantly surprised these last few years as to how many Albion fans do travelto the Amex from here. The trains home can be quite full. The fans supporting London clubs do tend to also have a soft spot for the Albion, or at least nothing against them, but this might change next season . . .

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I've always considered littlehampton to newhaven/eastbourne as the vicinity for most Brighton fans. That's from my personal experience with friends /class mates in secondary school and onwards etc.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've always considered littlehampton to newhaven/eastbourne as the vicinity for most Brighton fans. That's from my personal experience with friends /class mates in secondary school and onwards etc.

It's always gone further east that that. Plenty of Albion supporters live in Burwash, Battle, Hastings, Herstmonceux, Heathfield. I think TB hasn't visited supporters clubs out Burwash way before,

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009

I know there's a lot from the West Sussex coast and also from Mid Sussex but not sure more than Brighton itself. Be interesting to see club data on location of STH. Any insiders know this info?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Yes, East Grinstead has way more Palace than Brighton. On the border of E.Sussex, W.Sussex, Surrey and Kent here!

I think the villages, such as Forest Row and West Hoathly are far more Albion-supporting though. I know a number of Albion fans in this area, but only one Palace fan and his family (and his wife is an Albion fan). There are quite a lot of Albion fans in East Grinstead, but yes I agree, Palace fans are in the majority, along with fans of other London clubs.

I've lived in MK and now Newport Pagnell. With MK being a new town we have supporters from everywhere but there is strong Albion support with the MK Seagulls who probably number around 50.

When I was at university in Buckingham, I used to be passed by an Albion fan on his way to work (Renault Clio with stickers all over the back window) while I was on my morning walk. I never got to speak to him though. Driving through Bletchley on the way home from the MK Dons game last season, I passed a house with scarves hanging out of the window. So yes, there are a number of you there. Seagullwedgee and his family live up there too.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Chelsea are the most supported club in Crawley, even when they were shit. More Palace than Brighton, but not by much.
Everyone who is into football has been to a few Crawley Town games, but not many that only go to Crawley games, and even fewer that don't have another team they follow on the telly.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
So it seems that:
Bognor Pompey
Littlehampton BHA

Crawley Chelsea/other prem
East Grinsted Palarse

Hastings area BHA and London Prem mix

No word on Crowborough area. BHA??

Jameson

I think a lot of the sussex villages are Albion; I grew up in Heathfield and there was always (and still is) a strong Brighton following as even back in the 70's a coach always travelled to the Goldstone. Towns have more incomers so more mixed.

Needless to say I've not yet sen any BHA in this part of North Yorkshire; but having said that I think rugby is bigger round here. Usual smattering of Liverpool and Man Ure shire on local kids and some adults.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
To be fair since moving to Devon last year, I've seen more rugby shirts than football fans standing out in public.

During the six nations, loads of pubs had flags and bunting outside, and were heaving with revellers. There isn't even that level of excitement for local derbies between Yeovil, Exetrer and Plymouth. Just my observations.

Be interesting to hear from overseas fans and levels of support for British football clubs as well.

I have found pretty much the same in East Devon. Loads of local support for the Chiefs, but little evidence of City or Yeovil colours around. The Chiefs are quite a success story though.

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
No one has mentioned Kent(& E-Sussex borders)! - I have seen Albion shirts, car stickers, etc in Ashford....

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
I know we've got a few STH's who travel from Rye.

Yeah, i've seen them too.

Tbh, If/WHEN we go up our appeal will immediately rocket - for as we know, for some there is no football outside of the premier league :rolleyes: ....Fully expect to see our shirts in places far beyond the usual catchment areas!

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I think the villages, such as Forest Row and West Hoathly are far more Albion-supporting though. I know a number of Albion fans in this area, but only one Palace fan and his family (and his wife is an Albion fan). There are quite a lot of Albion fans in East Grinstead, but yes I agree, Palace fans are in the majority, along with fans of other London clubs.

Perhaps yes, although football isn't really high on the list of most of Forest Row's population. From what I gather, there's a fair few older BHA in FR and Awood (i'm 21) - when I was at school there was definitely more Palace than Brighton, but yes you are right there were many more Arsenal, Chelsea etc..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here