Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uddersfield v Norwich

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
Still biting ya nails.

We will have to go some to catch you boys, although I can understand your anxiety after last season. I can't see that anyone will do it now, really. I'd love to see the Toon fade into the playoffs, mind.

As regards Norwich tonight, it will be an open game. Hudds will have at least two thirds possession, as always I suspect, but it will be end to end stuff and just a question of which team takes its chances. All cliches, of course, but Norwich looked good and missed a hat full against Villa.

The Canaries have a few defenders out, and Hudds have three forward/attacking midfield players out.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Highest points tally Huddersfield can possibly get is 95, so as it stands Newcastle need another 14pts from a possible 21 to guarantee 2nd and automatic promotion, Brighton need 12 from a possible 18.

However, at the current PpG rate Huddersfield are on course for 86pts, meaning NUFC may only need another 5pts, and BHAFC only 3pts, which at our current PpGs would take us 3 and 2 games respectively.

If Newcastle draw tonight we join Brighton in being guaranteed a Play Off spot.

fwiw, while I'd love to win the league, I'm happy enough for Hughton to lift the trophy and get the credit he deserves.

Canny. Cheers, pet!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Gone for Norwich on my acca, from a football point of view not an Albion bias point of view

It is people like you that are moving us out of the light of the gods. We do not need this risk.

STOP DOING THIS. STOP CHANGING YOUR LUCKY PANTS. STOP SHOWERING OFF THE LUCK. ETC

On my risk spreadsheet, I've got [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] being hit by a bus up as MEDIUM risk, HIGH impact. I don't need to start adding Petee danger bets on there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We will have to go some to catch you boys, although I can understand your anxiety after last season. I can't see that anyone will do it now, really. I'd love to see the Toon fade into the playoffs, mind.

As regards Norwich tonight, it will be an open game. Hudds will have at least two thirds possession, as always I suspect, but it will be end to end stuff and just a question of which team takes its chances. All cliches, of course, but Norwich looked good and missed a hat full against Villa.

The Canaries have a few defenders out, and Hudds have three forward/attacking midfield players out.
Whisper it quietly here because we absolutely smashed Norwich at home, 5-0, but actually even though they conceded at least three comically poorly defended goals, I still thought they looked fairly decent coming forward for large spells of the first half when it was only 1-0. If you do have lots of possession, I fancy you to win. But if you let them dictate play and your defenders are not on their game, they could easily score a couple.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Last season we were the chasers and were immense, kept everyone else honest. But we were knackered and it showed in the play offs, as a long-time admirer of Hudds I really implore your boys to take it easy tonight, and indeed for your next couple of matches. You need to go into the play offs nice and fresh. Take your foot off the gas. Please. Not for us, for you.

Honest. :)

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Huddersfield will win this. The pressure is on, but they know this is a must win game. There's no way they will do anything other than win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 11, 2009
Whisper it quietly here because we absolutely smashed Norwich at home, 5-0, but actually even though they conceded at least three comically poorly defended goals, I still thought they looked fairly decent coming forward for large spells of the first half when it was only 1-0. If you do have lots of possession, I fancy you to win. But if you let them dictate play and your defenders are not on their game, they could easily score a couple.

A great result indeed, but as you've been around long enough though Simster, I'm sure you'd agree, that ff we played that game 10x it wouldnt be 5-0 again, everything fell perfectly on the day. Anyone can beat anyone in this league with maybe the exception of Rotherham.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=24872]london[/MENTION] Town That said, please ensure your boys give Alex Pilchard a few hefty tackles to remind him of his errors. He is quite often on the bench so a long slide may be required to make decent contact.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
More chance of Norwich beating Hudds than Burton beating Newcastle. Still, two favourable results (away wins or even draws), would be fantastic.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
It is people like you that are moving us out of the light of the gods. We do not need this risk.

STOP DOING THIS. STOP CHANGING YOUR LUCKY PANTS. STOP SHOWERING OFF THE LUCK. ETC

On my risk spreadsheet, I've got [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] being hit by a bus up as MEDIUM risk, HIGH impact. I don't need to start adding Petee danger bets on there.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Last season we were the chasers and were immense, kept everyone else honest. But we were knackered and it showed in the play offs, as a long-time admirer of Hudds I really implore your boys to take it easy tonight, and indeed for your next couple of matches. You need to go into the play offs nice and fresh. Take your foot off the gas. Please. Not for us, for you.

Honest. :)

Sage advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here