Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Cooper to be punished ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Throw the book at the dirty Leeds f**k...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Taken from Yorkshire post

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....-lipped-over-whites-defender-cooper-1-8473924

United head coach Garry Monk, who has started Cooper in Leeds’ last two games, leapt to the defence of the 25-year-old afterwards, admitting he had not seen the clash but saying that “with my opinion of Liam, it’ll definitely be an accident and one that he didn’t mean to do”.

I would have thought better of Monk... if you didn't see it, then how can you comment?

keel him

Southern-Comfort-1981.jpg

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
looks deliberate to me ....the prick.....7-8 match ban

I remember way back - Rio Ferdinand getting an eight MONTH ban for missing a drugs test.

Hacking down an opponent then stamping on his head (quite intentionally), with no sign of remorse...and a three game suspension if found guilty. That's sick.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The Leeds fans are up in arms about the gentle forearm brush by the Reading player in the same game :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39491847

Leeds United defender Liam Cooper has been charged with violent conduct after an alleged stamp on Reading's Reece Oxford.

The incident, which was not seen by the match officials, occurred in the 75th minute of Saturday's Championship match, which Reading won 1-0.

If found guilty, Cooper, 25, could face a longer ban than the standard three matches, the Football Association said.

The defender has until 18:00 BST on Tuesday to respond to the charge.

A panel of three former top-level referees reviewed the video footage to determine whether Cooper committed an act of violent conduct.

The FA said it had submitted a claim that the usual three-match ban was "clearly insufficient".

At least the match officials didn't see it, so the FA can act. The problem we had with the Barton stamp was that the referee said he had seen it, (and presumbly didn't think it was even worthy of a yellow card)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
They've just never shaken off the Don Revie era.

That team was respected, maybe grudgingly admired, but never loved. Any skill they had in that team (think Eddie Gray, Johnny Giles) was negated by the nasty cynicism promoted by Revie and his thuggish enforcers. (Bremner, Reaney, Hunter etc).

Leeds fans seem proud of this for some reason - and this defence of Cooper is just a modern day extension.

Revie will be smiling somewhere

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
United head coach Garry Monk, who has started Cooper in Leeds’ last two games, leapt to the defence of the 25-year-old afterwards, admitting he had not seen the clash but saying that “with my opinion of Liam, it’ll definitely be an accident and one that he didn’t mean to do”.
****ing ****!

It was, without question, a terrible deliberate stamp. What a ****ing w@nker Monk is for pretending he hasn't seen it, or commenting if he really hasn't. It was deliberate and he should get a good few games off to think about it.

It was just like Barton's stamp, but on someone's head.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
What a load of pretentious shit.

'A Leeds United away end belongs in a Museum'. Yes it does. A museum dedicated to the forgotten world of football in the 70s, with neanderthal knuckle-draggers casually abusing everyone around them, with vile racism and homophobic bile.

And they've only got one song.
Just listened to the guardian podcast with Leroy Rosenior describing a whole stand at Leeds making Nazi salutes towards him and Paul Parker in the early eighties, just because of the colour of their skin. It belongs in a museum displaying the very worst of human nature for kids to learn from and be appalled at the ignorance of some just a short while ago.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
****ing ****!

It was, without question, a terrible deliberate stamp. What a ****ing w@nker Monk is for pretending he hasn't seen it, or commenting if he really hasn't. It was deliberate and he should get a good few games off to think about it.

It was just like Barton's stamp, but on someone's head.

Do you mean the one on Kayal. If you do, I'd have to disagree. This one is much worse. Going on the video in the op the leeds player has absolutely no need to jump at all. It's actual assault. With Barton at least he genuinely had to hurdle/jump Kayal, he was just a bit naughty with where he landed his foot. This leeds player deliberately jumps and stamps on the reading players head/shoulders. He should get a massive ban for it.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I would have thought better of Monk... if you didn't see it, then how can you comment?

After what he did to Wagner, i can't see why anyone would have expected better of Monk. He comes across as a bit of a din, IMHO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you mean the one on Kayal.
Yep.
If you do, I'd have to disagree.
How very dare you!
This one is much worse. Going on the video in the op the leeds player has absolutely no need to jump at all. It's actual assault. With Barton at least he genuinely had to hurdle/jump Kayal, he was just a bit naughty with where he landed his foot.
I think you're mistaken. Barton fouled Kayal and Kayal fell to the ground, and the ref blew the whistle. After the whistle, Barton went to pick up the ball, and the only reason he did that was so that he could stamp on Kayal and make it look like an accident.

This leeds player deliberately jumps and stamps on the reading players head/shoulders. He should get a massive ban for it.
Agreed.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yep.
How very dare you!
I think you're mistaken. Barton fouled Kayal and Kayal fell to the ground, and the ref blew the whistle. After the whistle, Barton went to pick up the ball, and the only reason he did that was so that he could stamp on Kayal and make it look like an accident.

Agreed.

Yeah, you may be right. I know I thought it was a deliberate stamp I just seem to remember him going over the top quite naturally but landing not so naturally.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like the leeds one on a professional football pitch before.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cooper has now admitted his guilt to the FA.
He's admitted it, and denied it at the same ****ing time the Dirty Leeds scumbag!

"We spoke to Liam and decided together to plead guilty for the recklessness of it," said Leeds boss Garry Monk.

"But 100% not for any intent - Liam's not that type of lad, we know that, and he's very clear on that as well."
Why plead guilty if it wasn't intended? If he just fell and lost his footing, it was an accident and he should plead not guilty. W@nkers.

Centre-back Cooper could face a longer ban than the standard three matches, the Football Association said.

A panel of three former top-level referees reviewed the video footage to determine whether Cooper committed an act of violent conduct.

The FA said it had submitted a claim that the usual three-match ban was "clearly insufficient".
Good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here