Palace rallying cry

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Should be two cracking games.
We did you a favour yesterday :)

Too little to late for us I think, it may get interesting if city take points off them and we beat Swansea this week - as we play first this weekend.

But we will of course lose to the Swans.

Be delighted with 2nd/3rd again

Zaha seems to have progressed a lot this season

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You certainly do have a better keeper than us, but there's not a chance your CB's are better. I'd take Dunk over Delaney but Tomkins, Dann and Sakho are all far better than anything you've got. Sakho in particular is the best CB I've ever seen at Palace.

I just hope that we can keep Zaha for one more season to watch him run riot at the Amex again :amex:

Not getting involved in the "we are better than you" pantomime that goes on, but I don't rate Stockdale. Not saying Hennassy is any better but from what I have seen Brighton would have to get another keeper in when they go up.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Not getting involved in the "we are better than you" pantomime that goes on, but I don't rate Stockdale. Not saying Hennassy is any better but from what I have seen Brighton would have to get another keeper in when they go up.

We rarely keep clean sheets... I see your point!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
We rarely keep clean sheets... I see your point!

It's only my opinion! Don't get me wrong I love the championship and wouldn't really care if we are back there next season. But watching it as I do with pretty neutral eyes , the quality of strikers is poor. Glenn was a hero for us and always will be as was Gayle, but both looked well out of the depth in the premier league.

Stockdale looks heavy and slow on his feet, but he might prove me wrong next season.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I do think you are underestimating the jump up, granted they could all be fine - but there is a massive difference

Not underestimating it at all. Stockdale has been superb for us and not only this season! With that reckoning we may as well get rid of them all and buy a whole new squad IF we get promoted!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not underestimating it at all. Stockdale has been superb for us and not only this season! With that reckoning we may as well get rid of them all and buy a whole new squad IF we get promoted!

He has been good, but he was utter pony for Fulham in the PL - completely different circumstances of course - it was more aimed at the defenders.

I personally think you need 5 players, for next season - certainly 2 forwards

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Also - for what it's worth - I think March will have the biggest impact for you in the pl

March is class! We maybe need a full back or 2, A couple of central midfielders (As I think Stephens will go) and a couple of strikers. That's my opinion!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It's only my opinion! Don't get me wrong I love the championship and wouldn't really care if we are back there next season. But watching it as I do with pretty neutral eyes , the quality of strikers is poor. Glenn was a hero for us and always will be as was Gayle, but both looked well out of the depth in the premier league.

Stockdale looks heavy and slow on his feet, but he might prove me wrong next season.

Oh yes...of course, you as a scum supporter, view Brightons players through 'neutral eyes'.

Why do you bother to write this sh*t ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Too little to late for us I think, it may get interesting if city take points off them and we beat Swansea this week - as we play first this weekend.

But we will of course lose to the Swans.

Be delighted with 2nd/3rd again

Zaha seems to have progressed a lot this season

You better bloody not lose to Swansea !!
Zaha has been outstanding this season, and I'm sure Levy will come back in the summer with another derisory offer.
I'd love him to stay if we stay up, but he may decide to take the next step up.
IF he does move, it will have to be a massive offer, and a lot more than the £10 mill Levy offered.
I'm sure the benchmark has been set with the £30 mill you paid for Sissoko, what a blinding bit of business by Newcastle.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
March is class! We maybe need a full back or 2, A couple of central midfielders (As I think Stephens will go) and a couple of strikers. That's my opinion!

From what I've seen of him he is consistant and he quality of cross/final ball is great - tricky as well.

I think AK will struggle with less space.

Pace is key, I think Murray is going to be a useful back up - but can't see him starting.

Be an interesting and exciting summer.....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You better bloody not lose to Swansea !!
Zaha has been outstanding this season, and I'm sure Levy will come back in the summer with another derisory offer.
I'd love him to stay if we stay up, but he may decide to take the next step up.
IF he does move, it will have to be a massive offer, and a lot more than the £10 mill Levy offered.
I'm sure the benchmark has been set with the £30 mill you paid for Sissoko, what a blinding bit of business by Newcastle.

Thankfully I think there is a lot more to the Sissoko deal, I imagine it has been spun as a win for Newcastle, he will be gone in the summer along with Lamela.

I imagine we will go back, but wouldn't hold your breath we will offer 11 million and David Bentley

We are missing any sort of pace in the squad, Walker and Rose aside and it's what has cost us at times

Is there a date for our game with you yet?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
He has been good, but he was utter pony for Fulham in the PL - completely different circumstances of course - it was more aimed at the defenders.

I personally think you need 5 players, for next season - certainly 2 forwards

5 first team players , right back, left back, 2 strikers and a strong defensive midfielder. But also 4 or 5 squad players and bang there's your 100 million gone!!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Thankfully I think there is a lot more to the Sissoko deal, I imagine it has been spun as a win for Newcastle, he will be gone in the summer along with Lamela.

I imagine we will go back, but wouldn't hold your breath we will offer 11 million and David Bentley

We are missing any sort of pace in the squad, Walker and Rose aside and it's what has cost us at times

Is there a date for our game with you yet?

David Bentley ! What a waste of talent.
The games been re arranged for April 26th, 8.00 pm kick off.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
5 first team players , right back, left back, 2 strikers and a strong defensive midfielder. But also 4 or 5 squad players and bang there's your 100 million gone!!

We have a very astute owner and manager... I would worry if we had Big Sam in charge of spending.... That is a disaster waiting to happen!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Oh yes...of course, you as a scum supporter, view Brightons players through 'neutral eyes'.

Why do you bother to write this sh*t ?

I am discussing players not teams, as a man of a certain age, and living in Sussex I am sorry you think me scum, cause when it comes to hating teams Brighton wouldn't be in my top 5 ! Chelsea, Leeds , millwall, charlton and for some reason spurs. So yes when it comes to Brighton players, yes I am neutral.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here