Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Akpom

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Been delighted if he had gone to Dortmund.

No you wouldn't. Because he would never have come here and played poorly. Therefore you would have no opinion of his ability (or alleged lack thereof) and you would be indifferent to his career moves, at best.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Geezer was pants today and his lack of effort was frustrating to say the least. Booing him ain't the answer though. Doesn't do anyone any favours.

rinswun

Sep 28, 2010
Said it in the thread when the signing was announced, but he is terrible and only cares about himself and today proved it. Still didn't boo him though. Don't agree with that ever.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wasn't fair to say in January, give him a chance and all that, but heard some bad things about the lad from his short spell at Brentford. Just seems to have an attitude problem, and let's face it he's done nothing in the game as yet, and has it all to prove whether with us or elsewhere. My own hunch is he could be one of these players who starts at a big club and never really gets over the fact he couldn't cut it there, but thinks he's too good to be happy carving out a decent career lower down (Leon Knight, anyone?). I hope I'm wrong, we'll see.
Just speculation, of course, but not a bad shout - it's well possible.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Akpom would struggle to get in Hastings United's starting XI. No need to boo him, but there's more chance of him scratching round in non-league football in 10 years time than him having played in The Premier League.

Yet Chris Hughton thought him good enough to start today. Presumably you know much more about football than CH, though. Impressive.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So many ****ing morons booing a young lad off the pitch. West stand upper block H is great for morons but today a well known moron boos him off, making a wanker sign and we all turn around and look at him he says 'what do you think he played well then?'.
All of us in that area know he's a moron but today is a different level. We all know him right? Dark sun glasses today, in his fifties. Called him out last season and bottled running behind th.e stewards after the game. I'm with my kids every week so can only challenge him when my wife takes them away but this guy is a ****ung idiot.

Row G, near the gangway, bald guy?

I'd put him in his 60s.

Utter cock, though.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It was more a dig at Dale Jasper. Slowest player I've seen in the stripes.

Yeah. He was a terrible. One of my earliest seagulls memories is how bad he was. I named myself after him on nsc 15 years ago, and now I'm stuck with it!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I didn't boo him today, I was chewing a sweet at the time but if CH is foolish enough to give me another opportunity I probably will. Players, staff, fans putting heart and soul into the drive for promotors and Akpom taking the piss out off us all. I've no objection to those who want to live by football's chivalric code but me, I reserve the right to let the lazy, disinterested piss taker what I think of how he is treating our club.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I didn't boo him today, I was chewing a sweet at the time but if CH is foolish enough to give me another opportunity I probably will. Players, staff, fans putting heart and soul into the drive for promotors and Akpom taking the piss out off us all. I've no objection to those who want to live by football's chivalric code but me, I reserve the right to let the lazy, disinterested piss taker what I think of how he is treating our club.

Werther's Original or Fruit Gum?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Hughton won't tolerate his performance and will not trust him to start for us again.

There was an incident in the second half where Akpom was set free on a counter attack and I was expecting him to demonstrate some lightning pace, but he was beaten in a straight one on one sprint by the Blackburn defender who won the ball.

Whilst it is unfair to judge a player on one performance, I have to say I was shocked at his lack of any kind of contribution. He made ELVIS look like Maradona.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hughton won't tolerate his performance and will not trust him to start for us again.

There was an incident in the second half where Akpom was set free on a counter attack and I was expecting him to demonstrate some lightning pace, but he was beaten in a straight one on one sprint by the Blackburn defender who won the ball.

Whilst it is unfair to judge a player on one performance, I have to say I was shocked at his lack of any kind of contribution. He made ELVIS look like Maradona.

Soon after he was replaced by Tomer, who was so wound up he looked three times faster than Chuba.

I'd say CH Jedi'ed his own player yesterday, threw Akpom to the wolves and created Super Tomer. :lol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He was very poor, lacked effort, but... he was playing for us, so... should not be booed off IMHO... certainly no booing from me, or those around me for that matter...

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I don't condone booing our players at this stage of the season considering how close we are to the finishing line. On the other hand, it might give him the kick up the backside he clearly needs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here