Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you actually support Trump?

Yes or no

• Total voters

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The longer this thread goes on (and, ergo, his term in office) there seems to be far fewer of his NSC advocates making an appearance!!

Yes, strangely, the poll results on this thread are increasingly in his favour. :shrug: (But still as small as his hands.)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I can't work out if this plan to bring back coal is plain stupid or there is something else going on. Surely he can see that the world has moved on from coal? Is he seriosuly just lining the pockets of his pals in the fossil fuel business one last time against all sense?

the trouble with coal is, ees complicated. you might like to think the world has moved on from coal, but its still one of the cheapest raw materials for energy generation (before factoring in various secondary costs). and it employs a lot of people in the US digging up coal, rather than a lot of people in China making solar panels. so politically it scores heavy at home in the old industrial regions.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
the trouble with coal is, ees complicated. you might like to think the world has moved on from coal, but its still one of the cheapest raw materials for energy generation (before factoring in various secondary costs). and it employs a lot of people in the US digging up coal, rather than a lot of people in China making solar panels. so politically it scores heavy at home in the old industrial regions.

Unless, of course, you emplyed those miners to build solar panels. That's probably way too simplistic but it's what jumps out at me.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Unless, of course, you emplyed those miners to build solar panels. That's probably way too simplistic but it's what jumps out at me.

The problem with the solar industry is that China can undercut most if not all competitors. Germany were a big player (alongside the US) in the solar industry a number of years ago, until China entered the market and most German solar panel manufacturers went bust.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-china-is-dominating-the-solar-industry/

In fact, of you read the article above, it was Germany that started the Chinese on that path.

Either way, China now provide relatively cheap solar tech, and I doubt the US can compete on price at least.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The problem with the solar industry is that China can undercut most if not all competitors. Germany were a big player (alongside the US) in the solar industry a number of years ago, until China entered the market and most German solar panel manufacturers went bust.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-china-is-dominating-the-solar-industry/

In fact, of you read the article above, it was Germany that started the Chinese on that path.

Either way, China now provide relatively cheap solar tech, and I doubt the US can compete on price at least.

But with all the rhetoric about tariffs and what not won't he just make Chinese imports more expensive? Or is he liar liar pants on fire.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But with all the rhetoric about tariffs and what not won't he just make Chinese imports more expensive? Or is he liar liar pants on fire.

Possibly. But does he want to kill all trade with China over this? Who knows - he might be that stupid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All to do with her being Hilary Clinton, and a bit to do with her being a woman.

That feels better.

It could even be extended further by adding 'following a black man'.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That feels better.

It could even be extended further by adding 'following a black man'.

More to do with her getting US citizens killed in Benghazi through her incompetence and being a Saudi shill.

Dunno why people are crying about Trump being in bed with the Russians when the Clintons were taking it up the rear from the Saudis.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
More to do with her getting US citizens killed in Benghazi through her incompetence and being a Saudi shill.

Dunno why people are crying about Trump being in bed with the Russians when the Clintons were taking it up the rear from the Saudis.

Because one doesn't make the other okay.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Because Trumpski is a clear and present issue.

On the other hand, the Clintons are finished and ancient history, and the whataboutism surrounding them can be investigated at whoever sees fit to do so's leisure.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've got to feel sorry for the likes of Veep and The Thick of It.

If you were making this shit up, you're still not going to top this:-

[tweet]847922615960428544[/tweet]

Oh my.
I bit further down my twitter timeline

[tweet]847939981284974594[/tweet]

hahahaha

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I told you coal was coming back in a big way. :ffsparr: ???:moo::down::shootself

The entire coal industry employs fewer people than Arby’s - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/A53XlHeWtSaSDJZSCibe2cA

It is staggering that elected officials and people of power think like this. Bunch of dinosaurs.

Trump needs to propose Yanxit. Once the US is out from under the heavy hand of the EU, coal will come roaring back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here