Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports Bars Prague

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Cheers all I'm sure I'll stumble across both games. As for Goldfingers, I've seen as few other reviews of that place ???

Hooters had 2 or 3 different games on when I was in there. Not just a 'man' place either, plenty of couples were in there.

For places to stay, we stayed in zizkov (sp?) nice bars, cheaper beer.
Gold fingers. Yes...but if that's your kind of thing, for the price of a dance in there, you can get more for less just around the corner

Enjoy.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Cheers all I'm sure I'll stumble across both games. As for Goldfingers, I've seen as few other reviews of that place ???

You'll enjoy both Rocky O'Reilly's and Goldfingers - trust me. Lovely female staff in both, highly recommended. :thumbsup:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Is it far from the night life? Also what's the best way from the airport?

Depends what sort of night life you want. You can find must things in Zizkov, and cheaper. What sort of music you like etc?
From airport, get the bus.. it takes you to a metro station, where you are in the city center in 10 mins. You can get bus tickets from machine at the stop, which is outside the doors of the airport, 32 kc at the most,, or maybe
a desk in airport.. I have card so never need to buy, not that entirely sure consequently.. Taxi could be anything. I hear of people paying extortionate prices
From you location, to nightlife in the city, you will probably favour taxis.
Use AAA. They are probably the most honest. When you call for them,, you can ask how much the price will be as well.
I wouldnt use any others personally, theres some seriously dodgy ones.

http://www.aaataxi.cz/en/

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
From airport, get the bus.. it takes you to a metro station, where you are in the city center in 10 mins. You can get bus tickets from machine at the stop, which is outside the doors of the airport, 32 kc at the most,, or maybe a desk in airport.

This, patently, as [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] lives in, er Prague, gives the very best advice. Tallies with my advice also, having been there just before Xmas. Assume that every airport taxi driver is a ROBBER and you won't go far wrong. The airport buses come every few minutes, cost about THRUPPENCE, go from directly outside the Arrivals terminal, and terminate at a super-efficient metro station. It's a simple rule of thumb anywhere really, unless you have more money than sense: never just get into an airport taxi and never buy currency at the airport unless you've booked either in advance.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A couple of years ago, the mayor said that people had to stop talking disparagingly about Prague taxi's as it gave a bad impression. He was challenged to take a few taxi trips from the airport as a foreign tourist, and a domestic tourist. Was ripped off every time. One charged 9000kc to the center.
There was a crackdown, but you still hear horror stories.
AAA are up there, but theres also some fake AAA taxis there as well, taking advantage of their good reputation. Best to phone them, or use their website. They speak English as well.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Depends what sort of night life you want. You can find must things in Zizkov, and cheaper. What sort of music you like etc?
From airport, get the bus.. it takes you to a metro station, where you are in the city center in 10 mins. You can get bus tickets from machine at the stop, which is outside the doors of the airport, 32 kc at the most,, or maybe
a desk in airport.. I have card so never need to buy, not that entirely sure consequently.. Taxi could be anything. I hear of people paying extortionate prices
Use AAA. They are probably the most honest. When you call for them,, you can ask how much the price will be as well.

Thanks Dave. One more questiOn. Is it obvious which bus we need to get to where we are going. Are they numbered or all the same

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
yeah, all marked out. Airport bus has plane pic in the destination box. 119

your hotel seems to be on the 136 bus route. That will take you Florenc metro, and you can get into the center from there. A couple of stops. Sounds long winded but its small city, doesnt take long.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Thanks Dave for the advice. The Irish bar rocky o Reilly was a great base. Good food and friendly staff. Hotel Jasmin was just amazing. It was like a 4 to 5 star. No idea how we ended up there. Had a few issues with inspectors on trams being fake which could of got nasty and we have an unsavoury incident in the Voltex?? Bar because of an idiot bar men. 3 or 4 groups of men had trouble with him which could of got nasty. Other than that a wicked weekend. A nice place, cheep and would certainly go back with the wife.

Thanks for the advise

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Thanks Dave for the advice. The Irish bar rocky o Reilly was a great base. Good food and friendly staff. Hotel Jasmin was just amazing. It was like a 4 to 5 star. No idea how we ended up there. Had a few issues with inspectors on trams being fake which could of got nasty and we have an unsavoury incident in the Voltex?? Bar because of an idiot bar men. 3 or 4 groups of men had trouble with him which could of got nasty. Other than that a wicked weekend. A nice place, cheep and would certainly go back with the wife.

Thanks for the advise

Cool. TBF its hard not to have a good time haha.
Not been in Vortex, but was in the street on Friday funnily enough.
Hotel was Jasmin or Yasmin?
Yasmin in the center looks more like a 5 star.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Cool. TBF its hard not to have a good time haha.
Not been in Vortex, but was in the street on Friday funnily enough.
Hotel was Jasmin or Yasmin?
Yasmin in the center looks more like a 5 star.

Yasmin. Sorry. Get confused as my daughter is a Jasmine! Was close to centre. Just round corner from the main road to the square.

We also had a go of beer biking on Friday lunchtime. Which was actually very funny.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here