Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Warburton

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He would have done well at Rangers if left to get on with it.
He and CH have a lot in common with their style and the ability to build teams and not individuals.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I'm sure lots of clubs would like to do what Tony Bloom did and appoint the right managers (mostly) and then back them with money. Not sure this owner has done?

I'll add to my own post and say that no owner would want to lose money, that's only common sense. The difference is that our owner is a life long fan who has witnessed the whole cluster**** that our club has been for far too long. He has had the balls and the money to put us on the road to success and for that I will be eternally grateful

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Probably helps that the person who employed him for the Notts job is the same person who hired him for the Rangers job and the Brentford one beforehand.

See my post re Gary Rowett.

What has Mark Warbuton actually done. He did well with Brentford, accepted but was sacked before they could see whether he could carry the job through.

Then went to Rangers and took a MASSIVE club through the non league a bit.

Now gone to a barmy club where ownership is all over the place. How do these managers get jobs on the back of this? Can see that being a total disaster.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well why wouldn't a foreign owner think like that? They have the example of Man Utd and Arsenal owners taking millions out of their clubs. They also have the example of Chelsea and Man City owners being penalised for putting too much of their own money into their clubs. I must admit I am confused!

The point I was trying to make was that with the Albion, we have Tony Bloom, who is a lifelong fan and owner who understands the pulse of the club.
Whereas the overseas money men, who come over pouring their wealth into UK clubs, on the whole do not have much of an idea to the pulse of whatever team they've chosen.
Also when they are bored of their new toy, seem to play pass the parcel, and sell on to another sponge!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Warburton is a good tactician, he can use his loaf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here