Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we are promoted, and Middlesborough relegated....

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Why are we trying to invent a rivalry with Middlesbrough?

I want them to stay up, a decent club with fairly decent fans.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wouldn't swap this season for Boro's, a miserable limp towards at best humdrum survival or relegation behind a moribund Crystal Palace.
Obviously you can't choose when you get promoted, but we've had a full two seasons of putting everyone* to the sword and it's been an amazing time to support the Albion. I would ALMOST trade off losing a few key games a season if we were as rampant as we have been in the rest of them, Premier league or not. Of course Tony deserves a return on his investment, and may disagree....
*figuratively

It's a myth that the Premier League is paved with money though. From the clubs that have reported to date, the Premier League has made an overall loss last season.

Premier League Profit Before Tax 2016.JPG

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nope.

Also a few boro well-wishers who frequent this forum will not make up for the way our players and fans were treated that day. Behaviour I would have fully expected had WE got the result required for promotion.

But nope, they got the result, were promoted and seemed intent on goading all the way from pitchside to the station, instead of celebrating.

This. Many acted like utter bellends in and outside the ground, seemingly unable to celebrate without gloating and looking for trouble.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nope.

Also a few boro well-wishers who frequent this forum will not make up for the way our players and fans were treated that day. Behaviour I would have fully expected had WE got the result required for promotion.

But nope, they got the result, were promoted and seemed intent on goading all the way from pitchside to the station, instead of celebrating.

We had the misfortune of experiencing Middlesbrough for the weekend. For the second year in a row.

Middlesbrough the place is a shithole inhabited by troglodytes and gobby fat tarts. Nothing redeeming about the place whatsoever so it should be no surprise that Boro fans acted the way they did. Nobody has mentioned that hundreds of their scrotes, despite just having been promoted, were all looking to take on our entire away contingent.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You clearly weren't there for the last game of last season. Nobody is looking to invent a rivalry.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We had the misfortune of experiencing Middlesbrough for the weekend. For the second year in a row.

Middlesbrough the place is a shithole inhabited by troglodytes and gobby fat tarts. Nothing redeeming about the place whatsoever so it should be no surprise that Boro fans acted the way they did. Nobody has mentioned that hundreds of their scrotes, despite just having been promoted, were all looking to take on our entire away contingent.

We walked back to the hotel chatting with some more sensible Boro fans, they were apologising for the hordes of gobby twats that were looking for a fight (most of whom possibly hadn't been to the game as they were walking towards the ground).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

There's no rivalry, i'd prefer never have to go there ever again.

Their 'decent' fans were not strong in number a few seasons back, as i'm sure you're aware as I know you travel away.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The first thing I'd do is go on THEIR forum and make CONDESCENDING posts in 'PIECE' about their CHANCES of going UP next season
Definitely this. Especially if they were only relegated in controversial and unfortunate circumstances.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Am I alone in thinking that we are aiming for promotion for its own sake, not because Tony Bloom "deserves" a return on his investment?

He's spent his money, for sure, but spending on football is never an investment. It's a way of purchasing the pleasure of owning a football club, no more. I'm grateful for having had a lot of pleasure from his spending but, if it doesn't end up with the Albion playing well in the Premier League, I'd still say "Thanks for the ride".

I think the point I was trying to make was that whilst I'm content with us winning loads and scoring lots of goals in the championship in perpetuity , it wouldn't be fair on Tony to subsidise that.
But the main point was that I wouldn't swap places with Boro

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The first thing I'd do is go on THEIR forum and make CONDESCENDING posts in 'PIECE' about their CHANCES of going UP next season

I approve of the plan but suggest keeping the comedy spelling a feature for NSC only :mad:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I will laugh my wet cruddy socks off.

What a season for me this is....brighton and town possibly both heading for the money making cash cow. .

Geordies not happy on their boards!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
You clearly weren't there for the last game of last season. Nobody is looking to invent a rivalry.

Not that it makes a difference but yes I was there in May.

If say we got results in the play-off home games against either Palace or Wednesday you think a minority of our fans wouldn't act the same as a minority of their fans did?

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
It's a myth that the Premier League is paved with money though. From the clubs that have reported to date, the Premier League has made an overall loss last season.

View attachment 82774

As interesting as always El Pres, but wouldn't the new megabucks deal that commenced this season alter that significantly?
But, as above, the main point was I'm delighted with having another buoyant season, and wouldn't swap it for Boro's wretched year

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Personally I can't ever forgive him for a decision that was completely unjustifiable in such a key game. But certainly I think that if we can get promoted this time, the extra year in the Championship and squad strengthening will give us a better chance of staying up. So a blessing in disguise. But Mike Dean is still a disgrace.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Surely there is one absolute inviolable rule that sensible football fans have is not to gloat. It is an unwritten rule within the game, and it is one that all fans would be advised to adhere to. Today's success is tomorrow's failure, our success and their failure this season (if it happens) could be reversed in 2018, then how do you feel?

Forget it. If Boro goshiteing bothers you, find something else to think about. Support the Albion, forget the rest.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As interesting as always El Pres, but wouldn't the new megabucks deal that commenced this season alter that significantly?
But, as above, the main point was I'm delighted with having another buoyant season, and wouldn't swap it for Boro's wretched year

I'm with you entirely. It's better to travel than to arrive. The new deal gives each club an extra £35m a year BUT...

1: A lot of that will end up in higher wages
2: Six clubs in the Premier League (I'm sure you can guess which ones) are trying to change the way that the overseas rights are divided (currently split evenly between all 20) so they will have more money and the likes of 'Boro (and hopefully for next season us) will end up with less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here