Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abandoning a BEAMBACK?? – Your excuses please!!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I believe you have to stay right to the bitter end then clap the "Lads" off.

Extra uber fan points are awarded by starting threads on here expressing disgust to anyone not as uber as you.

Too right, why should we have to acknowledge them? As a paying customer I can leave whenever I damn well please.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I believe you have to stay right to the bitter end then clap the "Lads" off.

Extra uber fan points are awarded by starting threads on here expressing disgust to anyone not as uber as you.
I do hope you're not referring to me young man.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wow, bloody people doing what they want rather than what others want.

I didn't have a pie, and I'd paid for it .... unbelieveable, isn't it?

My Wife sat and read her book all through the match, as that was her choice as she wanted to be "with" the boys and I.

If anyone chooses to leave early, arrive late or ddress as a chicken it's up to them (although not sure about the chicken as it may restrict others view)

What is a good fan? Someone that spent a lot of money commercially during the Withdean years or someone that stays for 90+ minutes?
Your wife sat and read a book? Sounds like you're under the thumb mate

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Amazing scenes in West Lower yesterday, where the tragi-comedy of Stockdale’s keepy-uppy cock-up was matched only by the wholly unexpected stampede from the concourse of several hundred of Albion’s finest the moment tap-in was gratefully completed.

Granted, a customer investment totalling two whole quid is unlikely to guarantee fanatical support and undying commitment to the cause. But one might have hoped for visible presence of a little more of that legendary Brighton Backbone.

Of course, there’s always the possibility of entirely plausible excuses for vacating the virtual skirmish so early. These might well include: –

1 It’s a great way of avoiding those horrendous queues for the trains, or park-and-rides.

2 Leaving early gives me 10 more precious minutes for walking the dog / clearing the shed / rogering the wife / rogering someone else’s wife.

3 Can’t beat the chance of a welcome stroll in Falmer village. Especially in torrential rain.

4 Any others? Your suggestions please…

Yeah. F***ed off with watching us get stuffed. :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can promise you I was at that Gillingham nearly every "home" game, yet I left early on Saturday. I had reason for this, not that I'm going to share with others, but being called a rat is a bit harsh.

Am I a bad fan? I need to know and have some redemption from you, else I won't sleep tonight.
Who said anything about you?!! Get back in your Cave. Man.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I left the Heineken lounge as the second went in because:

- we were shit
- the game was essentially over
- it would have no detrimental effect on the players

I find it very peculiar that anyone would object to me doing so. Really strange post.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I can promise you I was at that Gillingham nearly every "home" game, yet I left early on Saturday. I had reason for this, not that I'm going to share with others, but being called a rat is a bit harsh.

Am I a bad fan? I need to know and have some redemption from you, else I won't sleep tonight.

Same here. Did my time at Priestfield but I'm a rat?! Even worse, I left the Scunthorpe defeat (3-1 I believe) at half time because I was so peeved with abject performances. Surely that puts me lower than a rat?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Same here. Did my time at Priestfield but I'm a rat?! Even worse, I left the Scunthorpe defeat (3-1 I believe) at half time because I was so peeved with abject performances. Surely that puts me lower than a rat?
the original post said it excluded everyone on NSC. So that includes you doesn't it? Unless the lady doeth protest too much, Roland?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Left The Amex went Zaha scored the second.

I think that's called desertion...and I can understand that! It hurt that night didn't it?!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Nope, I thought exactly the same, right from kickoff. I was waiting for it to pan back a bit, but it never did. It was zoomed in RIDICULOUSLY closely, it was very difficult to see what the hell was going on. That might well be why we were so poor.

I quite agree. Being unable to see what might/should happen next left me completely floundering and incapable of WILLING it to happen as it should. All very unsettling, and I feel pretty confident that the players could sense that and hence underperformed.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Your wife sat and read a book? Sounds like you're under the thumb mate

Yes, hugely, my Wife came straight from playing hockey in Worthing, sat and read her book whilst I had a few pints and watched the football and then she drove me home. It's a very meak and simple live I lead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here