Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just heard Flat Worms (or Flatworms) again on Marc Riley. He mentioned that they were touring; has anyone got a link, or seen them?
There was also a great track on tonight by a band called Polytechnic, who I'd never heard of (thought the track was from the new Flaming Lips album) but it was a cracker.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Just heard Flat Worms (or Flatworms) again on Marc Riley. He mentioned that they were touring; has anyone got a link, or seen them?
There was also a great track on tonight by a band called Polytechnic, who I'd never heard of (thought the track was from the new Flaming Lips album) but it was a cracker.

He played the Flat Worms track last week too. It's called Red Hot Sand. Not able to find out much about them. Their label, Volvar, has a website which has been quiet since December.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Fans of noisey jazz, of which I think there are probaby two or three on this board (!) will be delighted to learn that Italian hard hitting trio, ZU, are playing the Green Store in June.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fans of noisey jazz, of which I think there are probaby two or three on this board (!) will be delighted to learn that Italian hard hitting trio, ZU, are playing the Green Store in June.

I've just looked this lot up

"Although difficult to define, Zu's style could be characterised as a fusion of math rock, heavy metal and noise rock. The music is instrumental, and features virtuosic drumming, powerful bass and distorted saxophone."

I need to listen to this.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

If that's the same Polytechnic who released a single called Won't You Come Around (or something similar) on Transgressive about 10 years ago, then I'm familiar with their oeuvre. Was it a new track?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If that's the same Polytechnic who released a single called Won't You Come Around (or something similar) on Transgressive about 10 years ago, then I'm familiar with their oeuvre. Was it a new track?

It was called 'Man Overboard'; I don't think it was a new track. Played on Marc Riley last night, between 7 and 8.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Songkick is suggesting that the Necks, an Australian improv trio, will play in Brighton at St Luke's Church on 1st May.

Love Supreme has announced its second wave of artists at this year's festival. The Saturday line up is looking immense.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Drunkenly bought 4 tickets for Maximo Park at Bexhill De La Warr but dind't know I was out the country. Pissed off because now I can't go and also stuck with the tickets, unless it sells out in which case they might refund.

Arses!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Anyone interested in a spare for Drive by Truckers at the Concorde on Saturday 4th March (sold out) please PM me.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Anyone interested in a spare for Drive by Truckers at the Concorde on Saturday 4th March (sold out) please PM me.

Magnificent live act, unfortunately clashing with Mark Eitzel at Bleach. It was a tough decision but I've gone for the later ..... he better be on top form. In terms of gigs clashing this is up there with the DEBACLE that was Make Kozelek, Steve Mason and Grant Hart all playing on the same night.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I was there. They are obviously good, but it's not my type of music. The support band were quite good.

Thought they were pretty good live and songs that are pleasant enough on vinyl had much more depth. Sound wise it was almost perfect. Great versions of Drop Out and Not In Control.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here