Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Haha, i don't have a problem with Millwall to be honest and wouldn't bother if they were in the Prem. I detest Chelsea.....and Spurs. Can't say i like The Arse much either....or the red Mancs or any of the scousers or........

Well, same argument then. If in a parallel universe, Chelsea were in the bottom three with a game to go, would you want them to win, so you could play them the following year? Or would you be laughing and pointing, as the goals rained in, and their fans started trying to punch their heroes?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well at least our supporters are prepared to get their feelings across to the "well-paid team", or at least one member of it. That's somewhat different to Albion's past record of assaulting the opposing players in the heat of the moment.

Zaha?? ZAHA??? FFS get a grip. He has spent so much time just sitting on the grass I thought he was on a sponsored picnic.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
95f57e0196d898801fef03d2ecf52a11.jpg

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
As bitter rivals with Palace, i appreciate you'd want them to be relegated this season and even subsequent seasons until they're in the Ryman league....but surely, as rivals, you'd want to play them next season, preferably in the Prem?

Not at all, I would rather see them in liquidation.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I believe I have worked out Prince Charming, and the yanks secret strategy.
Rather than re-develop their League Two standard ground to a stadium fit for Premier League standard, they are re-developing their Premier League team to to suit a League Two ground

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not at all, I would rather see them in liquidation.

That's the one thing I don't want though. I know a few Palace fans and they're all sound. They take the piss when we lose and vice versa. They do know their football, unlike all the plastic glory hunters who support United Chelsea, Liverpool etc.

I'd love Palace to be relegated, not bothered about passing them should we do enough to be promoted, quite happy to crow for a season, ideally a bit longer.

Having watched the Albion in the top flight before, I've got some great memories, but TBH the majority of the time was a grind, especially after the novelty factor wore off.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I wonder if after the recent transfer window they moved up the table of highest wage bill? That would make being 4-0 down at home at half time to the bottom team even more (if possible) hilarious.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
That's the one thing I don't want though. I know a few Palace fans and they're all sound. They take the piss when we lose and vice versa. They do know their football, unlike all the plastic glory hunters who support United Chelsea, Liverpool etc.

I'd love Palace to be relegated, not bothered about passing them should we do enough to be promoted, quite happy to crow for a season, ideally a bit longer.

Having watched the Albion in the top flight before, I've got some great memories, but TBH the majority of the time was a grind, especially after the novelty factor wore off.

I agree, the Palace fans I know are nothing like the sad Palace t***s who post on here. I'm sure posting on a Brighton forum wouldn't even cross their mind

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As bitter rivals with Palace, i appreciate you'd want them to be relegated this season and even subsequent seasons until they're in the Ryman league....but surely, as rivals, you'd want to play them next season, preferably in the Prem?

No. I want them relegated, and back to 12,000 crowds. Expensive players on high wages and long contracts means admin number three is just around the corner.

Oh well at least they've has Selhurst redeveloped, if redevelopment means a few plastic seats and some cladding.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007

No Jevs, The Ryman is too good for them. The have financially doped, twice, and if they go down, they will try it again. I have ignored all the Palace scum who are on this board, as they are delusional twats. Pretty much all of them have posted more than me, and I believe the mods should ban the feckin lot of them, or create an away board on this site.

I know some Palace fans personally, nice bloke, apart from the mental health issues associated with supporting Palarse, and they would not think about posting here.

Gone off topic a bit I know, but just you watch, get relegated, the Yanks disappear, all those players on high wages walk away. As so 10K of JCL's.

What then. parachute payments? Look at how well that has helped Blackburn, Villa etc., and what will they have got out of being in the Premier League? Bragging rights over us - certainly for the first season they went up. But after that? What else? At the moment they are a laughing stock, and with all the Sky money at their disposal have they improved their infrastructure?

I say bollox to them.

And relax.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Three things stick in my mind that make me feel the way I do about Palace. The reaction of the fans on the night that Gerry Ryan's career was ended and there was no doubt at the time how bad the injury was, with a snap being heard all around the ground. The two administration's. Lastly the disgraceful way Palace Directors, Manager and players all allowed Brighton's name to be dragged through the mud, forced the club into holding internal inquiries, all the time knowing the truth about poogate. That was disgraceful.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

The first game against Arsenal was a reality check for me as a 12 year old. Just playing in the Prem for one year would close the chapter.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
What then. parachute payments? Look at how well that has helped Blackburn, Villa etc., and what will they have got out of being in the Premier League? Bragging rights over us - certainly for the first season they went up. But after that? What else? At the moment they are a laughing stock, and with all the Sky money at their disposal have they improved their infrastructure?

They got some cladding. Don't forget the cladding.

If you've squandered all your millions, clad your stands
If you've squandered all your millions, clad your stands
If you've squandered all your millions
Squandered all your millions
Squandered all your millions
Clad your stands

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I believe I have worked out Prince Charming, and the yanks secret strategy.
Rather than re-develop their League Two standard ground to a stadium fit for Premier League standard, they are re-developing their Premier League team to to suit a League Two ground
Oh come on. League Two grounds aren't that bad.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Three things stick in my mind that make me feel the way I do about Palace. The reaction of the fans on the night that Gerry Ryan's career was ended and there was no doubt at the time how bad the injury was, with a snap being heard all around the ground. The two administration's. Lastly the disgraceful way Palace Directors, Manager and players all allowed Brighton's name to be dragged through the mud, forced the club into holding internal inquiries, all the time knowing the truth about poogate. That was disgraceful.

This

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I agree, the Palace fans I know are nothing like the sad Palace t***s who post on here. I'm sure posting on a Brighton forum wouldn't even cross their mind

Agree, I have 4/5 good Palace supporting mates who show respect and we have beers and talk football, of course banter, but nothing from them during bad times to mock and in return I have not taken the mickey recently. They support a team that we don't, simple, does not make them
Bad people and they know nothing about north stand chat and would not dream about posting on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's the one thing I don't want though. I know a few Palace fans and they're all sound. They take the piss when we lose and vice versa.
Same. I have no problem at all with the Palace fans I know. I have more respect for them than some plastic who supports a team miles from where they come from. And we do get some fair comments from Palace fans here, but most Palace posts here are not representative of the majority.

Separate from the fans though, I really do hate their shitty club. They just make it so easy to hate them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here