Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whc x: Quarter final live draw

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Good afternoon.

It seems like we could do with a distraction after last night's poor showing and even worse result. Luckily for anyone with a soul we are now entering the business end of the World's Hardest Creature X. Quarter finals is when we really get down to business, the wheat has been sorted from the chaff but if any chaff has slipped through they are about to get annihilated. Eight beasts: three champions, the peoples champion, a modern classic, two newbies and one in only his second ever WHC. Can the new defeat the old or will the big boys of the competition show their experience and power through. Will we get great against great and newbie against newbie?

It's time to find out.

The competition numbers fro the draw are:

1 - Hippo
2- Honey Badger
3 - Shrew
4 - Grasshopper Mouse
5 - Saltwater Croc
6 - Jaguar
7 - Alligator Snapping Turtle
8 - Polar Bear

Lets start the draw...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
First out of the velvet bag is number 7...

That's the Alligator Snapping Turtle.

He had a fine win in the second round against WHC IX runner up Wolverine.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The next battle will be between...

Number 2

Thats Honey Badger

The people's Champion and a three time beaten finalist.

He'll be facing off against...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Number 1

Hippo.

Hippo is, of course, a two time finalist and one time champion. This promises to be an epic encounter between feisty little nutbag and belligerent herbivorous giant.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Next up is...

Number 4.

That's Grasshopper Mouse.

He burst onto the scene a few years ago but is now firmly established in the later rounds of the tournament. He'll fancy his chances against anyone.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Playing the Grasshopper Mouse is...

Number 3.

That's Shrew.

It's only his second year in the tournament but he's beginning to garner some popular support. Will it be enough to see off his much fancied opponent?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
And that leaves us with

Number 6.

Jaguar, who's having a fine debut campaign.

Against number 8

Polar Bear. Three WHC's three titles, never lost a match. But things have changed in the WHC since his heyday. Will he be able to maintain his streak?

That concludes the live quarter final draw.

Ties will commence week starting 6th February.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Playing the Grasshopper Mouse is...

Number 3.

That's Shrew.

It's only his second year in the tournament but he's beginning to garner some popular support. Will it be enough to see off his much fancied opponent?
This is an interesting draw. Both similar size, both have a lot of common hardness features.

GM wins though, more headmental.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This is an interesting draw. Both similar size, both have a lot of common hardness features.

I'm pretty happy with the draw. I think there's something for everyone. Like you say the GM against the shrew is interesting but then we have Hippo v Honey Badger which is two of the most successful beasts in the competitions history going head to head. We have the croc against the alligator snapping turtle, two prehistoric beasts going at it- one the second most successful combatant ever and the reigning champion against the mentalist looking newbie we've ever had. And then we've got Jaguar agaisnt Polar Bear which is another very impressive newbie against the greatest ever WHC competitor. Except the polar bears been out of business for a number of years and the voting patterns have changed. Can the newbie spring the biggest upset in the tournaments 10 year history?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
No doubt that Honey Badger v Hippo is selected for TV

The two (I don't give a f**k head mental competitors) one with his paving slab thick skin vs the I'll bite your balls off if I have to, what a match up, hippos testes will feed him for a week

Aug 23, 2011

Whilst i respect the grasshopper mouse and this was the one draw i didn't want, is it really more headmental? Yes the shrew doesn't howl but the shrew is almost blind yet still takes on scorpions and snakes

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Whilst i respect the grasshopper mouse and this was the one draw i didn't want, is it really more headmental? Yes the shrew doesn't howl but the shrew is almost blind yet still takes on scorpions and snakes
Shrew doesn't death match cage fight or cannibalise other Shrews as far as I'm aware. It's hard, but not as headmental.

Otherwise they're pretty similar; take on similar animals that they have no right to, and are both extremely vicious. As far as I'm concerned the Shrew has blindness over GM, but GM has howling, death match cage fight, and living in much harsher conditions.

I'm a big fan of headmentalness in this competition so it's GM for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here