Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catching a Mouse - What am I Doing Wrong?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
tom-and-jerry.jpg-9999.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Very unlikely to be just one.........

I had a Mickey and Minnie caught in consecutive days in my stored allotment grown potatoes. Then nothing for 3 months. Last week wife screamed as one ran across the kitchen floor. Caught it two hours later and then all clear again. I suppose sometimes you can catch the sole expeditionary force. They are probably in the compost in the garden and venture in on the odd occasion.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Cats are great for catching mice. Ours catches them in the garden all the time,

......brings them through the catflap and then lets them loose :rolleyes:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Very unlikely to be just one.........

Looks as if you're right. The seeds that the trapped mouse spilled have disappeared.

I had hoped it was the one as there were very few droppings and apparently one mouse can leave 60-70 a day - I usually found between one and four.

Back to the drawing board - now will the other mouse/mice avoid the trap as they've obviously seen the result?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks as if you're right. The seeds that the trapped mouse spilled have disappeared.

I had hoped it was the one as there were very few droppings and apparently one mouse can leave 60-70 a day - I usually found between one and four.

Back to the drawing board - now will the other mouse/mice avoid the trap as they've obviously seen the result?
Just keep resetting it.....You'll keep catching them if they are there...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Caught a second one during the week but speaking to neighbours they have the same problem. Upstairs the guy has caught two in the last few months and next door has traps down. Seems they probably move between properties but I haven't seen another since catching no2.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Caught a second one during the week but speaking to neighbours they have the same problem. Upstairs the guy has caught two in the last few months and next door has traps down. Seems they probably move between properties but I haven't seen another since catching no2.

If the properties are attached they could be nesting in the roof space, maybe?
A friend had this problem, but they'd neglected the back garden, they sorted it out and the mice went

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
If the properties are attached they could be nesting in the roof space, maybe?
A friend had this problem, but they'd neglected the back garden, they sorted it out and the mice went

My next door neighbour on the ground floor thinks they came in from outside through cavity wall or back door when open. Fella above believes they come up through his kitchen up the pipework where he caught the two. They all look the same grey and similar size - in some ways I wish I could distinguish them and have a name for each individual then I I'd know if I'd eliminated the problem.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
My next door neighbour on the ground floor thinks they came in from outside through cavity wall or back door when open. Fella above believes they come up through his kitchen up the pipework where he caught the two. They all look the same grey and similar size - in some ways I wish I could distinguish them and have a name for each individual then I I'd know if I'd eliminated the problem.

You can't kill a mouse that has a name.

That's the law.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There appears to be quite a few Buddists on here. Trap one, then put poison down, then put another trap down to indicate if the problem has gone away. ( For the time being.)

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

Back to the skirting board more like

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Poison kills them and then decaying bodies can smell horribly,little nipper,with chocolate or peanut butter is best bet.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

now will the other mouse/mice avoid the trap as they've obviously seen the result?

No i` ve caught mouse in evening chocolate still intact and thought will clear in morning only to find chocolate gone.So another mouse climbed over his dead mate to feed !!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Call the council, reasonable price and the job is usually done properly, plus there's the added bonus of steel wool to stop the little buggers coming in.

Mice breed so quickly, and without knowing where the nest is, an infestation can be a nightmare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here