Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston North End another record to smash.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was ambushed at a supermarket in Preston after the '92 match. Not assaulted, they just asked for my wallet. A stupid thing to do. They could pull out a rifle and this tight git wouldn't hand it over. I just said an incredulous 'no' and walked away. Poor mites just stood there dumbfounded.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They've won 1 in 7 at home and they have their best player out. We really really should be winning these type of games but hey ho you're probably right !!
I can see 'banana skin' glaring out at me from that sentence - just missing the 'k'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Interesting/uninteresting fact.

Saw the photo on the official site of an old Preston game at the Goldstone (possibly Gerry Ryan's home debut!) and low and behold, in the background playing for Preston is one Michael Robinson. Had a quick check on wikipedia to see what he's up to now and that seems to suggest he did the voice for an ugly sister in the Spanish version of the Shrek films!!!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Need 4 points from these next two tough games, won't get a better chance with 3 of their first 11 out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I remember 1979 when we were going for promotion and lost 2-0 on a bitterly cold day , horrible day out

Yeah I went to that. After beating them 5-0 at the Goldstone, what could possibly go wrong I thought. As you say, a horrible day out that one. (I thought it was 1-0 though? Although my memory might not be so good nowadays)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Yeah I went to that. After beating them 5-0 at the Goldstone, what could possibly go wrong I thought. As you say, a horrible day out that one. (I thought it was 1-0 though? Although my memory might not be so good nowadays)

It was 5-1 and 1-0 so memory not too bad.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

It was 1-0, it was such a shite day I thought it was worse than that. Plus the gangs of loveable scousers who turned up as their game was off to have some pleasant banter with us.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I remember 1979 when we were going for promotion and lost 2-0 on a bitterly cold day , horrible day out

I had a similar experience in the late eighties. Lost on a plastic pitch on a cold and wet day - Then i had the added bonus of being run all over the shit hole.

Never fancied it since for some reason!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here