Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Excellent. Poundland is a rather successful operation, is it not?

They even sell stuff for more than a pound too,things are looking up post Brexit..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Although written by someone else 2 years ago and used already in many Brexit supporting sites

If that is the case then it's still fantastic and superb....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Mind reading a new talent I see.

Yet,unlike the "remain" ancient art of crystal ball doom reading..it clearly pales into insignificance

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see the 'remainers' have had a nice day. How are you all? :smile:

Pretty good thanks. 8 mile run in the snow and ice this morning; very refreshing. I now have a coffee and croissant on the go whilst I read The Guardian and form today's opinions. Albion and snowboarding next week. You?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You talk like the EU came up with original laws for working conditions. :lolol: You confuse 'laws' for regulations. The main tenants of the EU are the problem not the periphery concern.

How the EU affects your life

For a thousand years the United Kingdom was free, independent and trading with the rest of the known world.

For the past 42 years, the United Kingdom has been part of the European Union (EEC and EC). The UK’s ability to act as a nation state is being increasingly constricted to the point where the EU now dominates the UK. Some independence is left, importantly the British currency, but every day more power and more control ebbs away to Brussels.

Since the days of Edward Heath in the 1970s, all British governments of whichever party have assumed and continue to assume that Britain must be at the heart of Europe. They even claim that the UK can have a positive influence, beyond its limited voting powers, to change the EU for the better, that is towards a free market group of nations co-operating together.

The UK cannot.

Europhiles maintain loudly that the UK is too small to prosper outside the EU, too small to go it alone. Yet that belies our history, it belies the facts of our global trade and it belies the strength of our country. It is also an insult to most countries of the world, smaller than the UK, which remain independent and free. Propagandists claim the EU will safeguard peace in Europe, yet creating a political and economic union of disparate and diverse countries within a generation or two creates fissures and tensions that could erupt into serious and widespread civil unrest and has already done so in Greece.

Europhiles say that the advantages of being inside the EU are so obvious that they are not willing even to discuss what life might be like outside the EU. They try to shut down debate by refusing to engage. Yet the financial costs alone are huge, the regulatory costs restrict and even destroy British trade, farming and fishing. It is no exaggeration to say that more than a million jobs have been lost because of Britain’s membership of the EU. How much more than a million? No one knows. No meaningful cost-benefit analysis has ever been done.

Deserves a bounce every day.Eventually some of the mor*ons might read and absorb.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just checking: what letter is missing in mor*ons and replaced by the asterisk? I really can't work it out, as I'm not even one professor.

One of the less pleasant posters on here decided to compare Brexiteers to Mormons,but with a superfluous m.The description fits the whinging and whining remoaners perfectly.
You have not been charged for this information.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
One of the less pleasant posters on here decided to compare Brexiteers to Mormons,but with a superfluous m.The description fits the whinging and whining remoaners perfectly.
You have not been charged for this information.
There are remainers who are willing this country to crash and burn than accept that Brexit is happening and embrace it. Sad individuals.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Just checking: what letter is missing in mor*ons and replaced by the asterisk? I really can't work it out, as I'm not even one professor.

Ever so simple. It was suggested in jest that Brexiters might like us to be smiley and happy all of the time to prove that Leave will be a bundle of laughs. I replied in kind that meybe it would help if we became Mormons (smiley and happy remember). A small and light-hearted aside I'm sure you agree.

However, if I'm not too late, I'd better warn you that at least one humourless drone will come on here moaning that people aren't being very nice - unpleasant even - about Brexiters and claiming that they are being compared to wacky American evangelists or something. Which of course they're not.

Please bear with them if this happens. Some of them have a pronounced victim mentality but have finally realised that no one is believing their claims that Remainers are calling them all racist so they need to think of something else. Mormans this week, drunk drivers next probably.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There are remainers who are willing this country to crash and burn than accept that Brexit is happening and embrace it. Sad individuals.

Oh, the other thing they like to claim is that people on here who disagree with them really really want the country to suffer some catastrophic failure. This is also untrue but it makes them very happy, as does calling all remain voters "Whingeing remoaners".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here