Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Bloody hell. There is absolutely nothing about selling Stephens this window that makes ANY sense whatsoever. Absolutely staggering for anybody to suggest we uproot our most consistent midfield role and mainstay in the team through current form.

I agree there is no footballing sense to sell Stephens in this window. Only financial sense (of course this would not be the case if we missed out on promotion).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I agree there is no footballing sense to sell Stephens in this window. Only financial sense (of course this would not be the case if we missed out on promotion).

It would have made financial sense to sell him for 8M+ in the summer, assuming we had enough time to bed in a replacement. This would have happened if Burnley weren't absolute ***** trying to unsettle and get themselves a bargain at our expense. The reasonable bid came in too late, and by too late I mean deadline day.

It makes no financial sense to sell this window unless someone is crazy enough to offer 6M or more for a player with 6 months remaining on his contract. Even then, would it actually make financial sense to sell? It's a massive risk to our financial prospects to start tinkering in the centre of our midfield in a mid-season window with our form such as it is.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Selling him for £6 million or whatever the current number is that's circulating him is POCKET CHANGE compared to what's at stake and TB knows that. He's a smart man who's not going to risk losing hundreds of millions for a quick little pay to balance the books.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So just JR coming in then.... perhaps

This guy? 22594c18ef4099e25807229eaca5c619.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If Keane still has legs I think the move has. Perfect cover/option for Baldock. There's a trophy to be sought and CH likes him.

It's us or Shamrock Rovers I think.

This. And the other good thing about Keane is that we won't be 'burdened' with him if we do get promoted, and can bring in strikers with that league in mind.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I like Keane as a player but at 36, there is no way he could run even half the distance Baldock runs in a match, he can't have much pace left either. Not a like for like replacement but could do a job.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Keane still has legs I think the move has. Perfect cover/option for Baldock. There's a trophy to be sought and CH likes him.

It's us or Shamrock Rovers I think.

I would think that he would like 1 last go at proper football before retiring to the Irish League but having left the MLS I am not so sure that he does.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sam Winnall at Barnsley has a decent championship scoring record, 11 goals in 20 games and wouldn't be that expensive.

Question is can he do it at the next level.

Well, we've got a superb record with free-scoring strikers from Barnsley .........................................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here