Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff game rearranged for Tues 24th Jan, 7.45pm.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are you actually serious? Is this some ammo for your blog thing.

You are working in north west London. Cricklewood? Kings Cross?

Why can't you get home? Why? Thameslink run a full service EVERYDAY their drivers are not involved in these series of strikes.

Yet you whinge and whinge about the rescheduling of a match the club have to play, by EFL rules, within a month of its postponement.

Take yourself back to the dark dark days of January 10th 1997. And tell the assembled Albion fans that you are from the future and that in 20 years time the club will have a super stadium in Brighton be playing regularly to attendances of 30,000 plus, be top of the entire football league (instead of rock bottom) and the current chairman, is local lad who has invested £100m plus in the club .

Then, say that in 2017 you are having a moan, because a re-arranged fixture doesn't fit in with your personal plans.

Stand back and see what they have to say.
Good post !

*Goes for lie down*

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
You know you need to reevaluate your position when HB&B is the voice of reason.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought one was about overtime and the other was about the role of conductors? !

Train drivers are unhappy because they can get jailed for any accidents/casualties, deemed to be their fault, which is why they also want a second person on the train, suitably trained.

D

Deleted User X18H

Absolutely this. Have a word with yourself.

image.png

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How long does it take to walk from Brighton station to the Amex - more than an hour?

Stroll down to St Peter's church and catch a bus going to Falmer. Can use your ticket for free travel.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I probably can't make this now but fully understand why the club have chosen this date. Avoiding fixture congestion has to be the priority and we need this game to be played in January to have a chance of doing that.

Can't understand why some on here are upset. As others have said there is a chance that the strike will be called off (and the club would look stupid if that happened and they hadn't scheduled a game for that time) and they will ensure other services are improved for the night. Along with that the Football League will want us to play asap and any other date could then become a day of a train strike day.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I probably can't make this now but fully understand why the club have chosen this date. Avoiding fixture congestion has to be the priority and we need this game to be played in January to have a chance of doing that.

Can't understand why some on here are upset. As others have said there is a chance that the strike will be called off (and the club would look stupid if that happened and they hadn't scheduled a game for that time) and they will ensure other services are improved for the night. Along with that the Football League will want us to play asap and any other date could then become a day of a train strike day.

Smart work from the club, we all know the FA Cup match will be a 2nd string time again. Ignore we strike the show must go on, we're getting used to it now

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Smart work from the club, we all know the FA Cup match will be a 2nd string time again. Ignore we strike the show must go on, we're getting used to it now

Exactly. I thought they were keeping back announcing the timing until they knew what happened at the weekend (would have looked silly if they announced it for that day and then were playing Newcastle at the weekend) but once we got through it was the obvious date. As you say, the first team won't need to play on the Saturday so have time off before Huddersfield. It also suits Cardiff as they play Reading at the weekend, and Reading are playing their game in hand that midweek too.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Good post !

*Goes for lie down*

It's a fine post but its logic should also be applied to the lack of free tea in 1901 type moans....
When alls said and done all that matters here is that CH is given the opportunity to get this game played ASAP. I can't make the re-arranged game but that is largely irrelevant when compared to the greater cause being faught.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Stroll down to St Peter's church and catch a bus going to Falmer. Can use your ticket for free travel.
Presume the buses will be completely rammed if no Falmer trains. It's bad enough when there are!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Equestrian Centre and Sainsbury West Hove Park and Rides can now be booked on ticketing site for the Cardiff game.

:albion2:

D

Deleted User X18H

It wasn't an act of Sky, it was an act of the club. If we'd have left it at Sat 3pm it would have been played. Sky have played havoc with our fixture list but that's to be expected. I didn't expect the club to join in.

You're right on later dates, though it would have given more chance for a negotiated settlement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to Johnny C about this I think. The consensus was, that the club wanted to leave on longer rest period in between Cardiff originally on the 31st December and Fulham on the 2nd Jan.

Imagine that, wanting to effect a strategy of finding the best possible way to win an important football match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here