Welsh FA charged for supporters wearing poppies in the stands.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
[tweet]810828649410756608[/tweet]

No points deductions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38368144

According to the rule-making International Football Association Board (IFAB), players cannot wear "political, religious or personal slogans, statements or images".

That probably means every club in England that had a poppy as part of its shirt will be fined.

_92291925_sidwell_shirt_rex.jpg

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
According to the rule-making International Football Association Board (IFAB), players cannot wear "political, religious or personal slogans, statements or images".

That probably means every club in England that had a poppy as part of its shirt will be fined.

_92291925_sidwell_shirt_rex.jpg

No, because FIFA apply these rules only to matches immediately governed by them; internationals and World Cup qualifiers.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd pull out of FIFA and try to start a new world cup with some other disenfranchised countries. I reckon if we took a stand a few other would follow. Australia, USA and a few of the Europeans are fed up with them. And if you could get decent sponsorship on board a few others would follow the money.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
I'd pull out of FIFA and try to start a new world cup with some other disenfranchised countries. I reckon if we took a stand a few other would follow. Australia, USA and a few of the Europeans are fed up with them. And if you could get decent sponsorship on board a few others would follow the money.

We might even win it!!! ....sorry getting carried away. Do agree with pulling out though. I mean they have the world series in the states with hardly any of the world involved so could be?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I feel we should start a campaign with all football fans sending postcards to FIFA but what would we say apart from Fuxk off.
I do feel that FIFA have got this wrong.
Or should we just ignore them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I feel we should start a campaign with all football fans sending postcards to FIFA but what would we say apart from Fuxk off.
I do feel that FIFA have got this wrong.
Or should we just ignore them.

It's a real hard thing to do, to break away from this mafia gang, but someone has to make a stance. An FA as big as our own would surely be a house of cards?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports