Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A momentary clenching of the fists and a brief uncomfortable man hug. I'd say that's total ecstasy where CH is concerned.

Many a manager would be running down the touchline screaming about how brilliant they were. :whistle:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I also f*cking loved the way Muzza headed the whole length of the pitch to celebrate with Brighton fans. Something he never really bothered to do. I believe he actually loves playing for us now and not the sulky git he was a few years ago.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I think someone mentioned earlier that Birmingham would tire.

For the last 10 minutes Birmingham really started to fade, very encouraging to see us keep the pressure on and capitalise on that.

To be fair, we want to see the pressure we exerted in the last 25 minutes start from the kick off. We were dominated in midfield for most of the game which impacts our ability to supply the forwards. GM has no pace and cannot create chances from passes to him 25 yards from the goal. Would be really good to see a much greater sense of urgency in the earlier part of the game. cant help feeling that CH takes of players who are not punching their weight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I also f*cking loved the way Muzza headed the whole length of the pitch to celebrate with Brighton fans. Something he never really bothered to do. I believe he actually loves playing for us now and not the sulky git he was a few years ago.

Could be something to do with having a manger who thinks he's quality don't you think?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Last season we would have absolutely never won that game.. we are made of solid rock this season, we push and push and we make teams buckle even if they are totally in control. We might just do this, for the first time I believe!!!!

Last season, we were one nil down to the Brummies, and scored a ninety third minute winner,(Sidwell) so, maybecwe would

Sorry,I'm wrong, we did go one nil down to Brum last season and won 2-1, but it was Dunk and Goldson who scored and not quite that late

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Watched it on my own in a London pub - six screens showing United, one showing Brighton. Went mental when Murray scored. Surprised I wasn't sectioned!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
David Prutton (see skysports.com) predicted a 1-2 win.

On 90, not sure I would have.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Epic performance from the boys. CH got it bang on with game-changing subs. Say no more, we're in safe hands.

:albion2:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The chasing clubs will be absolutely gutted this evening. Another reason to celebrate.

And they watched it live, once I stopped doing Lua Lua style celebrations at home I could hear a huge sigh from the rest of the Championship, I think.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just a word to all our detractors when we lose a game. Please feel free to enjoy our joy :smile:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Sympathies, I watched it on my own on a strange stream here in Dubai which tends to be a bit hit and miss and freezes 10 seconds before each goal . Delighted to say I will be in the west stand for the QPR match on the 27th.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Two away games, 6 points, cheers.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last season we would have absolutely never won that game.. we are made of solid rock this season, we push and push and we make teams buckle even if they are totally in control. We might just do this, for the first time I believe!!!!

Last season, we were one nil down to the Brummies, and scored a ninety third minute winner,(Sidwell) so, maybecwe would

Sorry,I'm wrong, we did go one nil down to Brum last season and won 2-1, but it was Dunk and Goldson who scored and not quite that late

I think that was at Nottingham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here