Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis being released on a free

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Could have had 25 years worth of half-time tea and coffee in the 1901 club from the Elvis fee alone - never mind the wasted wages. His performance in the Check-a-trade against Leyton Orient proved for me that he's got no motivation or commitment - hope he was not a product of our current recruitment staff, even given the acknowledgement I make that everyone is entitled to a mistake or two now and again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The sooner he slings his hook the better, then we can finally be rid of the endlessly recycled, desperately weak Elvis puns.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The sooner he slings his hook the better, then we can finally be rid of the endlessly recycled, desperately weak Elvis puns.

I prefer the Mud puns myself. I was even thinking of introducing a few Showaddywaddy or Sweet puns. How about:
"And the Manu at the back said everyone attack, it'll turn into a ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz"

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I feel a bit sorry for Elvis to be honest. He's a young lad who was playing for a big club, he moved to England to further his career. Everything on paper looked good and for whatever reason it has worked out monumentally badly for everyone. (I can't remember a signing working out this badly, not even Farrington). But he's still a young player, and to not be able to find a club seems a shame. He's not Ched Evans or anything, it's just a move that's gone badly. I hope he does get himself sorted out and things work out for him. No hard feelings.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I prefer the Mud puns myself. I was even thinking of introducing a few Showaddywaddy or Sweet puns. How about:
"And the Manu at the back said everyone attack, it'll turn into a ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz"

I can't see what the problem is with Elvis - I'm definitely Under The Manu Of Love!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Could have had 25 years worth of half-time tea and coffee in the 1901 club from the Elvis fee alone - never mind the wasted wages. His performance in the Check-a-trade against Leyton Orient proved for me that he's got no motivation or commitment - hope he was not a product of our current recruitment staff, even given the acknowledgement I make that everyone is entitled to a mistake or two now and again.

I would have said at Oxford he was a damn sight more motivated than a certain KLL.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Pedant alert!:lolol: Well it was written with Elvis in mind, maybe he didn't want it, but he certainly never recorded it.

Pointing out the fact that as Mud had sung the song three years before Elvis died then his death wouldn't have been the reason the song was given to Mud to sing is hardly being pedantic. I'm just pointing out a fact based on logic, not to say common sense. Unless of course Elvis didn't actually die in 1977 when they finally broke open his toilet door and found him sprawled face down on the floor with his trousers round his ankles. Everyone had assumed he was having the longest dump in rock n roll history when in actual fact he'd been lying there dead for over three years which maybe explained a few things because even the King's shit didn't smell that bad. I know Elvis's dietry habits played havoc with his digestive system but even that scenario's stretching it a bit. Are you suggesting that the songwriters Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman were outside impatiently banging on Elvis's toilet door in 1974 shouting "If you don't hurry up and get out of their Elvis, we're going to have to give the song to Mud because we don't want to miss the Christmas window, and you don't want that to happen again. Remember how pissed off you were when we gave Wigwam Bam to Sweet"
I don't know, I suppose it is feasible.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Pointing out the fact that as Mud had sung the song three years before Elvis died then his death wouldn't have been the reason the song was given to Mud to sing is hardly being pedantic. I'm just pointing out a fact based on logic, not to say common sense. Unless of course Elvis didn't actually die in 1977 when they finally broke open his toilet door and found him sprawled face down on the floor with his trousers round his ankles. Everyone had assumed he was having the longest dump in rock n roll history when in actual fact he'd been lying there dead for over three years which maybe explained a few things because even the King's shit didn't smell that bad. I know Elvis's dietry habits played havoc with his digestive system but even that scenario's stretching it a bit. Are you suggesting that the songwriters Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman were outside impatiently banging on Elvis's toilet door in 1974 shouting "If you don't hurry up and get out of their Elvis, we're going to have to give the song to Mud because we don't want to miss the Christmas window, and you don't want that to happen again. Remember how pissed off you were when we gave Wigwam Bam to Sweet"
I don't know, I suppose it is feasible.

I thought the fact that it was obviously a mistake by me and the word pedantic being followed by a:lolol: might have let you know that I was obviously joking. Today my little grey cells were having an off day and didn't pull out the memory that I had of somebody on one of those 'best Christmas song' shows mentioning it being written originally for Elvis or something, with the required clarity. Probably because when I heard it, it wasn't that important to me. As you obviously feel more strongly about it, I can only apologise for my for my lack of knowledge on the subject and will learn never to comment on anything of such magnitude unless I am fully aware of the facts. Merry Christmas Darling.:xmas:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I thought the fact that it was obviously a mistake by me and the word pedantic being followed by a:lolol: might have let you know that I was obviously joking. Today my little grey cells were having an off day and didn't pull out the memory that I had of somebody on one of those 'best Christmas song' shows mentioning it being written originally for Elvis or something, with the required clarity. Probably because when I heard it, it wasn't that important to me. As you obviously feel more strongly about it, I can only apologise for my for my lack of knowledge on the subject and will learn never to comment on anything of such magnitude unless I am fully aware of the facts. Merry Christmas baby.:xmas:

What...and you think my response was serious??? Anyway, I can perfectly understand how the confusion arose in the first place...
elvis les.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Agreed. I have no Burning Love for them either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here