Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas meal dillemma

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
£1.00 each! have been upfront about it for the last four years and was this time when asked by said hag, i didn't like to mention the £40 i got stung for two years ago, because its no biggie. 25/32 know the score and happy to contribute.

25 people agree to helping you for a free meal...........the other 7 post on NSC and are frankly miserable expectant ungrateful lazy buggers...as you were..............TAXI !!!!!! :jester:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
£1.00 each! have been upfront about it for the last four years and was this time when asked by said hag, i didn't like to mention the £40 i got stung for two years ago, because its no biggie. 25/32 know the score and happy to contribute.

So how much does the actual meal cost then as £1 tip from each person seems a bit light? Isn't a tip normally about 10%?

Also, just to clarify, did the others know your admin fee was including your meal or did they think it was just for the tip?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The more I think about it , the more I think the OP is a bit of a tosser for trying to sneak a free meal .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Really? I suspect there are thousands of firms up and down the country contributing to their staffs xmas do. Think there is a £150 tax exemption per head for xmas parties.

Really that's intresting, I wonder how many unscrupulous bosses claim that back and either ding spend that much or nothing at all. Any decent accountant must know that then I'm guessing.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
The more I think about it , the more I think the OP is a bit of a tosser for trying to sneak a free meal .

i've just come out of nsc retirement to post on this thread.

he's not a bit of a tosser he's a complete one.

a little bit of admin to book a party and expects everyone to pay for him? it's hardly that hard is it

i say: good on the woman complaining she's freaking right to!

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Really? I suspect there are thousands of firms up and down the country contributing to their staffs xmas do. Think there is a £150 tax exemption per head for xmas parties.

https://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/2013/dec/16/tax-deductions-christmas-party

That is correct. An employer has a fair degree of flexibility too - the £150 per head is a maximum for the year for food/booze/hotels/taxis and can cover other events during the year too, subject to the £150 aggregate cap. Surprisingly, it can cover non-staff too (clients/partners), as long as the majority of partygoers are staff. So if your boss arranges a cheapo works-funded Xmas party, make sure you get him or her to fork out for a summer barbecue too!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
i've just come out of nsc retirement to post on this thread.

he's not a bit of a tosser he's a complete one.

a little bit of admin to book a party and expects everyone to pay for him? it's hardly that hard is it

i say: good on the woman complaining she's freaking right to!
spot on.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
It seems fair enough... I don't think the organiser is entitled to a free meal, especially paid out of everyone elses pockets. Doesn't seem right to me, I wouldn't be happy if someone automatically added that on to my own bill. The company should pay if anyone.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Do the meal,pay your way and pay the chef to laxative every bodies meal...

And enjoy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last time I had a subsidised Christmas do was 1977. I've worked for numerous employers since then, both public and private, and apart from a bottle of sherry in 1980 or 81, have had no Christmas treats. Christmas 'dos' or lunches - all had to be paid for; no such thing as a free lunch (or drink!). Of course, for merchant bankers in the city it's probably still different - but the world of high finance isn't the world that most of us inhabit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here