Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
done the usual dangerous driving , drug taking stupid risks . one particularly stupid risk I took was on a cross channel ferry . was out on deck , hopped over the barrier so I had the sea below me and then lent back and held on with one hand . then I did the thing where you swap hands so for a split second I wasn't holding on ! no idea why I did that .

now I'm 46 and a bit more grown up I suppose my biggest risk starts next Thursday . will be leaving family friends and the albion behind and emigrate to new Zealand with my wife and daughter . Tuesday night was my last game !

Ha! Take it easy Dan. If I'd known you were such a **** I'd have asked to have my sat moved :lolol::wave:

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
Probably the first time I took a razor to my balls.

Gotta keep up with the youngsters when your misses is 14 years younger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yeah, was a "local" from the mid-eighties until the trading floor switched over to screens at the end of 1999.
Trade mainly currency CFDs & Stock Index Futures from home these days.
Did you start off on LIFFE ? , I've only ever traded the screens, got recruited from a spot fx desk when LIFFE went to screens , got loads of mates from LIFFE , don't suppose you knew a bloke called George Tucker ? was SFE as bent as LIFFE was :lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Went to a punk show in Orange County in California which was full of skinheads who were really getting on my nerves, in the end I told them I was jewish (I'm not) just to wind them up, that was a mistake. Basically they waited outside for me with knives and guns, I was smuggled out of the club in the boot of my friends car and pretty sheepish the next day about my actions. Over the next couple of weeks I kept hearing about skinheads looking for the English guy and was getting ready to call it a day and fly back to the UK, however, luckily for me a group of them picked a fight with a Mexican guy in Huntington Beach who produced a gun and shot four of them dead. After that the noise about finding me diminished.............................. note to myself, don't screw around with nazis who carry guns :glare:

Sounds like one of my brother's mate. Do you know Don?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Getting into a taxi in New Delhi.

"Uh, mate, where's the seat-belt?"
"No, no, do not need a seat-belt"
*five minutes*
"Yep, definitely going to need a seat-belt"

Bus got into Ahmadebad 5 minutes before our train connection. Train station around 2 miles away. Why did we ask the auto rickshaw driver, if he could get us there in time? Made it....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Child's play. Try doing your undercarriage with a pair of hair clippers. Guaranteed blood bath, with your bollards lost somewhere in the middle of a red river.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
done the usual dangerous driving , drug taking stupid risks . one particularly stupid risk I took was on a cross channel ferry . was out on deck , hopped over the barrier so I had the sea below me and then lent back and held on with one hand . then I did the thing where you swap hands so for a split second I wasn't holding on ! no idea why I did that .

now I'm 46 and a bit more grown up I suppose my biggest risk starts next Thursday . will be leaving family friends and the albion behind and emigrate to new Zealand with my wife and daughter . Tuesday night was my last game !

If you're in the South Island near Invercargill call in a place called Riverton - there is (or was in 1991) a long abandoned ralway bridge spanning a raging torrent (the River). The bridge was made of wood totally rotten by then. What possessed me to walk across it with a back-pack totally alone I'll never know. A woman met me at the far end she told me some of the locals used it as a short-cut.

Oh and slagging off a young guard on the then Yugoslavian/Hungarian border touting an AK47 when I thought I'd lost all my luggage, he was very jumpy. He'd be even more jumpy nowadays in that neck of the woods.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Most the usual stuff.

Running with the bulls on 40 mins sleep and still a bit drunk was a risky move (hell of an opening ceremony though), by far the biggest adrenaline rush! Someone on our coach had his ear tore off by one of the small bulls in the arena at the end. Someone also died that run, 2009.

Oh I did that in 1981, just the one day though. The locals seem to do it every day, and run TOWARDS the bulls as they were released with rolled up newpapers (to antagonise them). Wearing bright red (ditto). The first instance where I learned why you vacate yourself scared, it gives your body less weight to shift! Someone on OUR party got pissed up in a campsight cafe, we tried to convince him to come back with us to our tents. Next morning he came back minus his camera but with a big bruise on his head where someone had wellied him with a bottle..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Child's play. Try doing your undercarriage with a pair of hair clippers. Guaranteed blood bath, with your bollards lost somewhere in the middle of a red river.

Ah this saves starting another BS thread that'll get the moaning minnies all bent out of shape.

I take it this is you two:-

Almost HALF of modern men admit to shaving their legs

http://road.cc/content/news/208955-...ey-almost-half-modern-men-admit-shaving-their

“It becomes kind of a hair-management situation. :lol:

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Brown? Yeah I went over with him in 84

I've met you at Hackets 40th party in Partridge Green, the man who farts in the back of LAPD cars. Not many People called Smeg! Lot of skinheads in Huntington Beach back in the 90's. I guess Nick may have been with you. Did Mt Whitney with him a couple of years ago. cheers.

Last time at my cottage in India, settled in for a years hiatus. Woke up one morning within the first week and went for the obligatory morning outside piss just outside the house and through bleary eyes noticed the ground in front of me was coiling and squirming beneath my golden spray. Then a cobra lifted it's head and gave me a right glare before shuffling off. Turns out this cobra had taken up residence in the garden - saw it almost daily. Would often come back in the afternoon to find the snake sunbathing on our porch. One night the wife was brushing her teeth outside and spitting out the paste when she sensed movement, flicked on the torch to see she'd spat all over Mr. cobra who, luckily, was pre-occupied with having a chipmunk hanging out it's gob. As time went on the creature got quite brave (despite us pissing and spitting on him) to the point that he would come inside our (very dimly lit) house of an evening causing some heart stopping moments of near treading. To be fair he never struck or showed any aggression, but yeh we could have got a snake catcher in to eradicate the risk - but to be honest I got a bit of a buzz out of living next to such a stunning and deadly creature.

:eek: ...This freaks me out just reading it!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Possibly not the biggest risk, but one of the most stupid things I've done was at party in Deux Alpes, just for the giggles I dropped my trousers and spread my ball sack, like a batwing, across a mates leg, I then had somebody punch a stapler through my sack thus attaching me to my friends leg. It was quite messy.

Was my sister there ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

image.jpg

:ohmy:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a feeling there are a few of us on here who have taken risks they'd rather not fess up about :lolol::whistle:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I have a feeling there are a few of us on here who have taken risks they'd rather not fess up about :lolol::whistle:

You're right. Perhaps it's time for me to come clean with my story:

I'm an only child, I don't remember much about my dad and although we didn't have a lot of money my mum brought me up as best she could in the projects of West Philly, Pennsylvania. Basketball has always been my passion and I used to play all the time in the courts near where I lived. Occasionally I'd come home with a few cuts and bruises and Mum would worry but generally I could look after myself until one day when I was just shooting hoops with my mates, a couple of real bad news blokes who had a big reputation around the area came onto the court and started to push us around, demanding money, trying to steal the ball. One of them grabbed hold of my mate, threatening him with a knife and I could tell he was scared for his life.

So this was the riskiest thing I did: I fought back. I got lucky with a couple of punches and saw these blokes off. I didn't tell my mum about the fight but she found out anyway and then we heard on the grapevine that these blokes were looking to kill me.

Mum was frantic and so she made a few phone calls to her sister in Los Angeles and before I knew it my bags were packed, a plane ticket in my hand and that was it - I was moving out there away from all my friends and family to a place I didn't know with people I'd never met. It changed my life for sure and now I'm quite the success with a lovely wife and an odd cross-dressing son who can't act for toffee but I do look back and wonder what would have happened if I hadn't taken that risk to defend my friend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here