Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
ANY PROBLEMS WITH MORRIS MEN ???
regards
DR

Yes. Tidy little mob of them that had forgotten their own pewter tankards and had to be served in plastic glasses kicked right off. Also a tasty looking lot from Worthing had to be on their toes when they drank the last couple of pints of Old Bollockknocker in one of the micropubs. Got pretty lively.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Oo la la

135213015364.jpg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Did you have to sit on the floor on the Virgin train?

No. West ham fans were in our reserved seats so no way we were going to dispute that. Managed to find another though. Funnily enough we did sit on the floor of the Southern train!

Jan 30, 2008
Yes. Tidy little mob of them that had forgotten their own pewter tankards and had to be served in plastic glasses kicked right off. Also a tasty looking lot from Worthing had to be on their toes when they drank the last couple of pints of Old Bollockknocker in one of the micropubs. Got pretty lively.
plenty of dancing to be had then:whistle:
regards
DR

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
It was my youngest son's first Brighton game so decided to make it a family weekend away with my wife, my eldest boy and the in-laws.
I agree with all the comments about the Burton locals, everyone was so friendly and helpful especially the parking attendant who let us leave again once we had reserved a couple of spaces.

Just a shame it was one of our fans who put a bit of a dampener on an otherwise great weekend. We had to leave a few minutes early as the 4 month old had decided he had seen enough (luckily I saw the penalty from the concourse), but this didn't stop some knob head bravely having a pop at my 65 year old mother in law about leaving early. I had gone on ahead so didn't hear any of this, and wasn't told about it until back at the hotel, but just don't understand why people feel they have the right to criticise other fans especially when we were (and always will be) putting my kids needs ahead of my football club.
If you were the person making the comments, please send me a message and I'll give you my seat number at the Amex so you can come and find me to apologise.

Before you say anything, this man was not me, and was well out of line to do this, but why would you bring a 4 month old to a football match?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
It was my youngest son's first Brighton game so decided to make it a family weekend away with my wife, my eldest boy and the in-laws.
I agree with all the comments about the Burton locals, everyone was so friendly and helpful especially the parking attendant who let us leave again once we had reserved a couple of spaces.

Just a shame it was one of our fans who put a bit of a dampener on an otherwise great weekend. We had to leave a few minutes early as the 4 month old had decided he had seen enough (luckily I saw the penalty from the concourse), but this didn't stop some knob head bravely having a pop at my 65 year old mother in law about leaving early. I had gone on ahead so didn't hear any of this, and wasn't told about it until back at the hotel, but just don't understand why people feel they have the right to criticise other fans especially when we were (and always will be) putting my kids needs ahead of my football club.
If you were the person making the comments, please send me a message and I'll give you my seat number at the Amex so you can come and find me to apologise.

It was probably the same idiots that were singing "Darren Balkham he shits on his own". Thought that was rather stupid and unnecessary, unfortunatly we do have some idiots that travel away.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Before you say anything, this man was not me, and was well out of line to do this, but why would you bring a 4 month old to a football match?

We went for a family weekend away as we all enjoy football, and it would have been frowned upon to leave him at the hotel on his own! In all seriousness it wouldn't be most people's idea of fun, but he is pretty chilled out and slept through most of the match in the shoulder carrier. My other son absolutely loves watching (his first game was Norwich away when he was 7 months old) even though he's only 2 and a 1/2 so had no doubt that he would enjoy it and behave.
I'm very strict with them and it's my choice to take them so the responsibility lies with me to control them or remove them, as I wouldn't want them stopping others from enjoying the game.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
We went for a family weekend away as we all enjoy football, and it would have been frowned upon to leave him at the hotel on his own! In all seriousness it wouldn't be most people's idea of fun, but he is pretty chilled out and slept through most of the match in the shoulder carrier. My other son absolutely loves watching (his first game was Norwich away when he was 7 months old) even though he's only 2 and a 1/2 so had no doubt that he would enjoy it and behave.
I'm very strict with them and it's my choice to take them so the responsibility lies with me to control them or remove them, as I wouldn't want them stopping others from enjoying the game.

Think you were in the row behind us, and your in laws were next to us. Was initially surprised to see such a young un, but was no bother, and as you say, slept through most of match. On their way out, I tapped your father in law on shoulder and said well done Grandad as he was laden down with paraphernalia.

Not sure who it was who had a go at your mother in law, but shameful. And you have no need to justify yourself to anyone! Bring who you want, and leave when you want I say! Bottom line was you were there following your team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here