Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seats in the stadium

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I support KFCO Beerschot-Wilrijk. :D
Antwerp are our rivals since the 2 of us were founded. We hopefully play against them next year (we play in 3th division and Antwerp in 2nd). We are working on our way back to the Jupiler Pro League. (We had to start over again in 5th division, because Beerschot AC went bankrupt).
If you have the opportunity to come to Belgium and witness the derby (if we promote this year), you should really do it! It will be one of the biggest derbys in the history of Belgium football ;).

Sounds familiar, as our main rivals have (in recent times) usually been in the league above us as well - although this has been largely achieved through nefarious means, dodging debts, and THIEVING from charitable organisations on more than one occasion.

Anyhoo, what I wondered was...whats your perception of the Belgium national team ? As a very talked-up fancied team in the Euros, the fact that they were gang-raped by Bales in the QF must have been a bitter blow. Much like Englands vastly overhyped "golden generation", from the outside looking in, Belgium seem doomed to a similar fate. Some great individuals, but a mediocre team that folds faster than Superman on laundry day when the pressure is on.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
I support KFCO Beerschot-Wilrijk. :D
Antwerp are our rivals since the 2 of us were founded. We hopefully play against them next year (we play in 3th division and Antwerp in 2nd). We are working on our way back to the Jupiler Pro League. (We had to start over again in 5th division, because Beerschot AC went bankrupt).
If you have the opportunity to come to Belgium and witness the derby (if we promote this year), you should really do it! It will be one of the biggest derbys in the history of Belgium football ;).

I know about this rivalry only to well, as one of my mates supports Beerschott & the other supports Antwerp!! They don't ever talk football with each other - ever!! I am in Antwerp quite a lot playing records in a bar called 'De Kleine Hedonist', supporting touring ska & reggae bands mainly - always love getting over there as much as possible!!

vak m rat

Sep 6, 2016
Hi there,

yarno 's my son and thank you all for the replies . I tried to call the club because we would like 5 seats next to each other .

Unfortunately , no one answers the phone , not before or in the aftenoon. I use this number : 0044 344 324 6282 . Another number available?

And ... there is only one team in Antwerp ...������ Beerschot - Wilrijk

www.beerschotwilrijk.be

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hi there,

yarno 's my son and thank you all for the replies . I tried to call the club because we would like 5 seats next to each other .

Unfortunately , no one answers the phone , not before or in the aftenoon. I use this number : 0044 344 324 6282 . Another number available?

And ... there is only one team in Antwerp ...������ Beerschot - Wilrijk

www.beerschotwilrijk.be

Check the stadium plan before ringing: https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-...=Safetynet&h=a35824f319c1d7313aeb07d4f9f0dbe7

Tickets can be ordered over the Internet and printed out at home if you have an Email address.

Click on the link. I think for five seats I would go E1F. Not very atmospheric(better than the south) but a good view of the stadium as the main stand is opposite. Cheaper seats at the end available in fives are only right behind the goal. I'd be a bit quick about it. £42 each though.

View pre-match from E1F

Amex_k-sm.JPG

Cf: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCO_Beerschot_Wilrijk Brighton are not unlike this club. We have spent most of our history in Division 3, although in the last 50 years I have watched as many Brighton games in the second tier.

Last edited:

yarno

Sep 6, 2016
Sounds familiar, as our main rivals have (in recent times) usually been in the league above us as well - although this has been largely achieved through nefarious means, dodging debts, and THIEVING from charitable organisations on more than one occasion.

Anyhoo, what I wondered was...whats your perception of the Belgium national team ? As a very talked-up fancied team in the Euros, the fact that they were gang-raped by Bales in the QF must have been a bitter blow. Much like Englands vastly overhyped "golden generation", from the outside looking in, Belgium seem doomed to a similar fate. Some great individuals, but a mediocre team that folds faster than Superman on laundry day when the pressure is on.

Our national team has a lot of great individuals, but they don't play like a team. They're "marked" as the golden generation, but aren't worth it. Before Euro 2016, everyone was like "This might be the team that wins us the European championship!".The way the played at the Euros, proved otherwise... In my opnion, it was also the fault of our former headcoach Marc Wilmots. He put players in strange positions ( Fellaini at CAM and De Bruyne as a RW) and always substituted way too late or brought on the wrong players (made changes in 80 or 85th minute, when it was way too late).
For the WC, we have a doable group (Belgium , Greece, Bosnia, Cyprus, Gibraltar and Estionia). If we don't finish first in this group, I think it's better for us to stay home...

I really hope Martinez could do something about the slow and sometimes awful football we play. He only is about 6 days in charge and we lost 0-2 against Spain (friendly) and won 0-3 against Cyprus (WC-qualifier), but nothing much has changed... If we played against Italy or Germany like the way we played against Cyprus, we would have lost 4-0... I hope Kompany comes back soon, because we really need him! Due to his injury, we have to play Jordan Lukaku as our leftback and Verthongen as our 2nd CB. Verthongen and Alderweireld are a decent pair of CB, but J. Lukaku at leftback is just awful. So if Kompany's back, we could move Verthongen to leftback (again) and move J.Luaku back to the bench. The players always say to the media that they're going to win the WC 2018, but if nothing changes we surely won't!

vak m rat

Sep 6, 2016
Check the stadium plan before ringing: https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-...=Safetynet&h=a35824f319c1d7313aeb07d4f9f0dbe7

Tickets can be ordered over the Internet and printed out at home if you have an Email address.

Click on the link. I think for five seats I would go E1F. Not very atmospheric(better than the south) but a good view of the stadium as the main stand is opposite. Cheaper seats at the end available in fives are only right behind the goal. I'd be a bit quick about it. £42 each though.

View pre-match from E1F

View attachment 77755

Cf: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCO_Beerschot_Wilrijk Brighton are not unlike this club. We have spent most of our history in Division 3, although in the last 50 years I have watched as many Brighton games in the second tier.

thank you very much , we ' ll decide very shortly to order some tickets

...the Bulldog is not our kind of pub i think :tosser:

cheers from Antwerp

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Hello everyone

I'm Yarno from Antwerp (Belgium) and I'm planning to buy tickets for the match against Norwich City. It will be our first match we witness at the American Express Community Stadium, so we have no clue wich area we should pick.
My friends and I are looking for an area with a good atmosphere. :)
It would also be much appreciated if someone could us some tips about places we have to visit in Brighton.

Thank you in advance!

Yarno :bhasign:

North stand is best for atmosphere IMO and the further to the back the better view wise. West upper stand has a better side on view and a good atmosphere too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here