Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Stroud

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was he in a yellow? That was the question, if not fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. But it's not about fouls when you're on a yellow, it's about contact or initiating it. Baldock made the ref make a decision and he didn't need to.

That is stupidity. A spinal said the same.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He ran at a right angle to the goalie....you could say he made contact with the goalies leg as it followed through or the goalie made contact with Baldock...either way the goalie and crowd influenced the decision imho

Yes. But then don't give them the opportunity.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Yes. But it's not about fouls when you're on a yellow, it's about contact or initiating it. Baldock made the ref make a decision and he didn't need to.

So your opinion is based on listening to Warren Aspinal on BBC Radio Sussex!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

He's wrong. Baldock has to close down the keeper. He runs past keeper who kicks him. Not a yellow, no blame attached to Baldock at all. This is a million miles away from Dunk's challenges last year. You may as well say any tackle by any player gives the ref a decision to make.
I can see why the ref might have thought it was a foul from his angle but he's wrong.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I was wound up by a few bits of the ref display.

1. Played advantage and then it was a good two seconds later he lost the ball in a tackle unrelated to the foul. This is not rugby.
2. As soon as a couple of Newcastle players were booked for mouthing off he was always going to book the next Brighton player to commit a foul. He did.
3. Knockaert was booked for kicking ball away. This is fine. Two mins later shelvey did exactly the same thing but as he was on a yellow he got a warning. Colback also let the ball go out for goal kick and as soon as the ball crossed the line he booted it miles. Again why not a booking?
4. Both teams were theatrical. He needed to get on top of it.

None of the above means I don't think the best team won.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Based on what? Did he make contact with the keeper or vice versa?

If he didn't fair enough.

Keeper kicked him, Baldock didn't even leave a trailing leg, just ran past him. Never a yellow.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I was wound up by a few bits of the ref display.

1. Played advantage and then it was a good two seconds later he lost the ball in a tackle unrelated to the foul. This is not rugby.
2. As soon as a couple of Newcastle players were booked for mouthing off he was always going to book the next Brighton player to commit a foul. He did.
3. Knockaert was booked for kicking ball away. This is fine. Two mins later shelvey did exactly the same thing but as he was on a yellow he got a warning. Colback also let the ball go out for goal kick and as soon as the ball crossed the line he booted it miles. Again why not a booking?
4. Both teams were theatrical. He needed to get on top of it.

None of the above means I don't think the best team won.

That's consistency for you. Almost everytime we got the ball we were fouled.

Their keeper knew exactly what he was doing when he got sent off, and I hope he gets the stick he deserves when we play them at home.

So the team and Hughton get found out and it's the refs fault?
When are people gonna wake up,to many passengers in this team and Hughton's stealing a wage here,get rid now and get Maclaren in while we're not in a relegation dog fight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So your opinion is based on listening to Warren Aspinal on BBC Radio Sussex!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Don't be ridiculous. Read the earlier posts, I didn't see the post match analysis. Just seen it now and contact was made. Of course it was initiated by the GK, but it is incredibly naïve to put yourself in that position.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's wrong. Baldock has to close down the keeper. He runs past keeper who kicks him. Not a yellow, no blame attached to Baldock at all. This is a million miles away from Dunk's challenges last year. You may as well say any tackle by any player gives the ref a decision to make.
I can see why the ref might have thought it was a foul from his angle but he's wrong.

If you are on a yellow, you surely act differently than if you aren't. If Murray had done it, we'd still have had 11 on the pitch.

I've just seen it again now and yes the keeper kick Baldock, but it is not a 'gentleman's sport', every team is going to try and take advantage. Baldock was brainless IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here