Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our away end is full of

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Mmmm It sounds like the older generation are having a moan which in my mind thinks they never went away in their youth as they would of been through a hell of a lot worse than a couple of pissed up lads falling over.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I was embarrassed to stand amongst a core of our away "supporters" on Saturday. The usual group of hard core Twats mouthing off, drunk or drugged up and generally making the occasion an afternoon you wished you stayed at home.
They have the cheek to sing to the Reading fans that their support is embarrassing.! It is not an experience I will be repeating in the near future. One **** fell over the chair in front on to the wife of a chap standing in front and got mightily aggrieved when her other half grabbed him and threw him back over the seat. At this time his idiot mates tried to swing a few punches before it all calmed down, but not before the poor girl shed a few tears.
This behaviour is absolutely unacceptable and if you were one of the pillocks involved reading this you should be ashamed of yourself.

I bet you nearly choked on your prawn sandwich and spat out your craft beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I prefer away games being sit where you like - you don't actually select the seats in the same way we do for home games, you get allocated them randomly anyway. This means the singers and vocal types can go back and centre and create away atmosphere, everyone else can select a suitable place for their group, ie elderly and families with kids might prefer towards the front etc - whats the problem?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
No problem with the sit where you like thing, I do it, BUT if a family or a dad with his kid inform me I'm sitting in their seat then I will move, no question. How hard can it be?

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
No problem with the sit where you like thing, I do it, BUT if a family or a dad with his kid inform me I'm sitting in their seat then I will move, no question. How hard can it be?

I agree with you and generally speaking I would say the away end polices itself pretty well. If someone gets to their seat 20-25 minutes before kick off and someone is already there more often than not they move or shuffle along. If you try and sit in your allocated seat as the teams are coming out the tunnel it's just not going to happen. For most away games this isn't a problem because, as previously mentioned there is an unwritten rule that the more vociferous supporters go to back and those who want to sit go down to the front. The issues tend to come at local away games when we have bigger away attendences and allocated seating is more strictly enforced and you have a mixture of people who expect to sit/stand where they like because that's what they do every week and others who expect to go to their designated seat.

Brighton Ark

Jan 18, 2010
Think people are missing the point here. It's got to be everyone sits in their allocated seat, or its no allocation of seats and sit where you like. The combination of both causes the problem.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Think people are missing the point here. It's got to be everyone sits in their allocated seat, or its no allocation of seats and sit where you like. The combination of both causes the problem.

Why has it? It's simple. Sit where you like but if a dad with his kid asks you to move because he can't find 2 seats together then you should move. If it's pissed up Joe Bloggs and his pussy patrol then they can **** off. Like I've said, I do it and like it but have respect for dads/families with kids. That's all I'm saying.

Jan 30, 2008
:glare::flounce:
The thread title was half way through being typed when I accidentally pressed the wrong button which posted the thread. Couldn't be arsed to change it after that. Just as well really.
These sort of incidents go unnoticed by the police because they are nowhere to be seen.
Don't worry, I won't be going to any more away games, so will not be commenting on this subject.
regards
DR

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not read the whole thread,but when i started going in 1988 such incidents included letting off fireworks,nr bonfire night games,drunkeness,urinating inside the actual stand,even a bloke collapsed after sniffing lighter gas from a canister,surges,the odd fight among home fans and even a few arrests,all this in the Goldstone Northstand...

God only knows what the 1970s and early 80s were like :lolol:

Edit: Celery how could i forget that,also blow up bananas and seagulls among other inflatables..

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The thread title was half way through being typed when I accidentally pressed the wrong button which posted the thread. Couldn't be arsed to change it after that. Just as well really.
These sort of incidents go unnoticed by the police because they are nowhere to be seen.
Don't worry, I won't be going to any more away games, so will not be commenting on this subject.

Seems a shame to let it put you off. Similar can happen down the pub and the best advice is just to walk away and remember why you are there in the first place which is to have a great day out and support the team. Don't let them ruin your day.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I bet you nearly choked on your prawn sandwich and spat out your craft beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Side with the drunken lumpen proles, ruining someone's experience, so much so that they never want to return, rather than the fan who just wanted to enjoy the game with his partner.

You really are a silly billy

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Side with the drunken lumpen proles, ruining someone's experience, so much so that they never want to return, rather than the fan who just wanted to enjoy the game with his partner.

You really are a silly billy.

Could always read the thread before commenting.

The op is the one not planning to return, he is not the one to which the incident occurred. I don't think anyone has or would condone some drunk falling on somebody's partner surprisingly enough.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Could always read the thread before commenting.

The op is the one not planning to return, he is not the one to which the incident occurred. I don't think anyone has or would condone some drunk falling on somebody's partner surprisingly enough.

Just to clarify, I am not planning any more away trips. I shall always be at the Amex, where I sit amongst normal human beings.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here