Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

attachment.php

I thought this was interesting and supports the OP's argument.

Don't get your point.
You could say the older voter is the wiser voter as he/she has seen both side of the coin, or perhaps I should say shilling! Clearly they don't like the way we have gone under the EU.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The eu wont come offering another deal. But we will have another general election soon and we will elect a pro europe governemtn and will stsy in. Heard it here first

So what about the fixed term legislation which means no election until 2020 by which time new deals will be in place and we wont be allowed back in

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
attachment.php

I thought this was interesting and supports the OP's argument.

You do realise that a mere 30% of the 18-25 group actually bothered to vote. I don't blame them for the result but perhaps it would be helpful to find out why 70% opted out of the process. All this angst from some younger people should be directed towards their peers instead of blaming people at random because democracy didn't go the way those people wanted.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We called our own bluff and failed, the EU will not be knocking at our door any time soon, we never engaged with Europe or embraced or led, we were never a force for change within, we always haggled, whinged or demanded opt outs, we won't be missed.
Rubbish...
We asked for more and they said NO and they like most thought we was nailed on staying :)

You're a defeatist and I can assure you financially this is a massive massive blow to them.If you ran a company and lost your 2nd biggest contributor you'd be in big trouble right?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
24 hours on, and I don't think this is going to happen. There will be some sort of compromise, maybe EU reform; maybe a second vote.

It does seem stupid to invoke a very aggressive piece of political action based on a very marginal majority. Given that the consequent actions of remain is almost nil you could have subsequent referendums to leave, but consequent actions of leave are irrevocable.

Dont going to happen we are out end of. All those that thought the EU would come back giving us lits of hand outs to stay are now seeing that this isnt going to happen.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
You do realise that a mere 30% of the 18-25 group actually bothered to vote. I don't blame them for the result but perhaps it would be helpful to find out why 70% opted out of the process. All this angst from some younger people should be directed towards their peers instead of blaming people at random because democracy didn't go the way those people wanted.

Spot on EVERYONE had an opportunity to vote they CHOSE not to so no point wondering what would have happened if they did

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Don't forget 63%, almost 2 out of 3, of the electorate didn't vote for Brexit.

those that dont vote must tacitly accept the decision of the those that do.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Like a bunch of kids that can't have they way.

1.2 million more people voted to leave than did to stay.

That's not a percentage that's real people.

TB

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
… or was the bar set too low to account for a rounding error?

Would we get the same result in another referendum held just next Thursday?

Should the requirement to change the status quo have been greater- 55%, 60% or whatever?

Is this mandate to quit the EU with all the incredible implications really valid?

Stop bleating

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Spot on EVERYONE had an opportunity to vote they CHOSE not to so no point wondering what would have happened if they did
Everyone knew that the more fervent supports of whichever side lost the vote would whine on about it for years. Undoubtedly UKIP supporters would have done so if they had lost and this board would be full of the same people who are today complaining laughing at their caricature of those on the other side instead.

Some people probably won't ever get over the loss and in a manner similar to those who today blame all of society's problems on Thatcher will continue to harp on about this vote for the next 40 years. Others will realise there is an opportunity to be constructive here.

D

Deleted member 2719

We manufacture f*ck all. The EU will be fine without us :(

And [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] we were voted against 70 times and voted with, thousands. We did alright.

Perhaps now is the time for the phoenix to rise from the ashes, with British cars for example, we have the skills and the knowledge, BMW, VAG and Mercedes, can do one.
Now wouldn't that be great the limit is endless now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
24 hours on, and I don't think this is going to happen. There will be some sort of compromise, maybe EU reform; maybe a second vote.

It does seem stupid to invoke a very aggressive piece of political action based on a very marginal majority. Given that the consequent actions of remain is almost nil you could have subsequent referendums to leave, but consequent actions of leave are irrevocable.

I bloody hope you're right but I doubt it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here