Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC warning to English fans dressing as crusaders - offensive to Muslims.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This smacks of white lefty self loathers being offended on behalf of Muslims

I doubt Muslims actually give a toss

exactly

i wonder if has anyone has thought of telling the crusade re-enactment groups they are being offensive or is it just England football supporters

grey-co-crusades.jpg

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Not even historically accurate :lol:

Nothing worth getting your knickers in a twist about.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I find it disrespectful to the English language that you have not used a capital letter when referring to Dubai.
And its only during daylight hours in public. If you really need to drink during the day in Dubai go to a pub/club rather than in public.
Not much different to hear to be honest, you can't walk the streets in Brighton drinking.

Hmmm, " hear to be honest"......."here" actually.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This topic was already covered and thread moved a few days ago. It was nonsense then, and nonsense now.

Quite. Some people just can't leave this stuff alone. Its Political Incontinence Gone MAD!!! :facepalm:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Very fixtures (keep up at the back)

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Why doesn't the Banal Bedwetting Community ever concern itself over this issue when our rugby or cricket teams participate in any international competition? It seems they only want to stir hatred when our football team takes to the stage. The BBC just wants to reinforce it's stereotype of the typical English football fan of being some sort of a racist moron.

Would it be wrong to point out that the middle east was largely Christian for several hundred years before Mohammed even showed up, so that the Crusaders weren't exactly foreign invaders?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This smacks of white lefty self loathers being offended on behalf of Muslims

I doubt Muslims actually give a toss

Middlesex County Cricket Club were forced to change the 'Crusaders' suffix in one day cricket.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Plenty of French went on the crusades so they'll be OK with it.

and the Vikings and Normans
and lets see if the good old BBC will be showing the flags waved of the Pakistan nation by those born here when the test cricket starts

PC bollox

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thunderbolt in 'you cannot have a contentious discussion if I am not interested shocker'!

Wrong again. I made my point on the other thread.

Are they Crusaders or St George? There's 800 years difference. If they are Crusaders, then they represent Knights Templar who were started by the French.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Considering that the Crusades could be seen as a combination of European unity combined with anti-Arab xenophobia the people wearing these costumes this summer appear to have an impressive command of irony.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It's OK to be offended. Impossible to ban anything that might offend someone

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Theres people on NSC that get 'offended' very regularly, and even search the internet to look for things to be 'offended' by. Pretty funny.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I find it disrespectful to the English language that you have not used a capital letter when referring to Dubai.
And its only during daylight hours in public. If you really need to drink during the day in Dubai go to a pub/club rather than in public.
Not much different to hear to be honest, you can't walk the streets in Brighton drinking.
I find it disrespectful to the English language that you've spelt it 'hear' instead of 'here'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here