Baldock 8
Hemed 9 MIN

Calde 6
Wilson 6
Sidwell 6

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Several have Stockdale as top marks and MOM - yet we bossed the scoreline 4-0.
Seems a bit strange but I don't care - plus 4 on the GD reverses out the Saturday debacle = esp as Brizzle were on a good run themselves

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Several have Stockdale as top marks and MOM - yet we bossed the scoreline 4-0.
Seems a bit strange but I don't care - plus 4 on the GD reverses out the Saturday debacle = esp as Brizzle were on a good run themselves

Their keeper didn't actually make a save that I can recall. It wasn't as if we battered them at all, we were just clinical when the chances came.

They were restricted to long range efforts as our back four was so well organised, three efforts made their way through and were saved excellently by DS. His kicking was a joy to behold, one ball he played out to Murphy in the second half was Xavi-esque. Couple of dangerous crosses into Wilbraham (Palace reject) as well that he took with ease.

It was never a 4-0 kind of game. They must've had 60% possession but failed to create anything meaningful.

Mind you, I think I was harsh on Hemed only giving him a 7.5 in my ratings when I got back. I'm going to bump that up to an 8.5, but Stockdale was still my MOM, just ahead of Dunk.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Interesting to read the responses from those at both the last two games - seems we weren't *that* bad at Cardiff but lost 4-1 and we weren't *that* good at Brizzle but won 4-0... C'est la vie, onwards and upwards...

Was at both and generally we played better at Cardiff than we did last night - very very strange thing football results!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Their keeper didn't actually make a save that I can recall. It wasn't as if we battered them at all, we were just clinical when the chances came.

They were restricted to long range efforts as our back four was so well organised, three efforts made their way through and were saved excellently by DS. His kicking was a joy to behold, one ball he played out to Murphy in the second half was Xavi-esque. Couple of dangerous crosses into Wilbraham (Palace reject) as well that he took with ease.

It was never a 4-0 kind of game. They must've had 60% possession but failed to create anything meaningful.

Mind you, I think I was harsh on Hemed only giving him a 7.5 in my ratings when I got back. I'm going to bump that up to an 8.5, but Stockdale was still my MOM, just ahead of Dunk.

Agree with this

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Slightly O/T, but do we think Murphy has turned a corner? He had a bit of a flat spell while Kaz and Solly were out but he seems to firing at the moment, scoring plenty too.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
For those at the game how did Kodija play?
He was pretty impressive at the Amex but was that a bit of a one-off?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
For those at the game how did Kodija play?
He was pretty impressive at the Amex but was that a bit of a one-off?
Third time I've seen him at Ashton Gate this season and each time I've barely noticed him. Clearly he has something about him as he's scored a fair few, so perhaps it's down to the service he's getting. But I've yet to be impressed.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We made fewer errors and those that we did make were not as fatal. I thought we were unlucky at Cardiff, never 4-1 worse, but then again never 4-0 better last night.

Absolutely - Cardiff's third was very lucky and even at 3 down it should have been 3-2 if we had made the right choices and then we could well have got something from the game. Last night was the other way around - we defended well and scored everything that came out way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thw worry is that last night the Radio Bristol commentary kept on about the number of times Dunk was pulling shirts and nothing given. Even his most ardent fan must admit that he continually does this and does not appear o have learnt the lesson from conceding a penalty. Both CH and CC wre defenders so should they not be preaching the gospel to Dunk as he is surely going to give away a penalty again soon and it could be at a crucial time. Other than that he should continue as he has been recently.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Thw worry is that last night the Radio Bristol commentary kept on about the number of times Dunk was pulling shirts and nothing given. Even his most ardent fan must admit that he continually does this and does not appear o have learnt the lesson from conceding a penalty. Both CH and CC wre defenders so should they not be preaching the gospel to Dunk as he is surely going to give away a penalty again soon and it could be at a crucial time. Other than that he should continue as he has been recently.

All defenders do this. The best defenders just get caught less.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All defenders do this. The best defenders just get caught less.

I accept that as a friend of my eldest son joined Tottenham from school and he was taught by Graham Roberts how to do it. The other side of the coin is in a cup match at Lincoln their manager Keith Alexander said to the ref about Butters and Cullip doing it and he awarded 2 penalties to Lincoln. There will come another time for Dunk to concede 1.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I accept that as a friend of my eldest son joined Tottenham from school and he was taught by Graham Roberts how to do it. The other side of the coin is in a cup match at Lincoln their manager Keith Alexander said to the ref about Butters and Cullip doing it and he awarded 2 penalties to Lincoln. There will come another time for Dunk to concede 1.

Absolutely. All teams do it, all players do it, all levels of football do it. Dunk isn't smart enough about how he does it probably, but he's no worse than any other player really, he just seems to make it more obvious, which as you've said means he'll probably get caught again.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Was at both and generally we played better at Cardiff than we did last night - very very strange thing football results!

Agree with that except that tactically we got it wrong on Saturday by having too much possession and as a result our build up was laboured and invariably lead to our playing in front of their defence with little penetration. Last night we conceded possession and were able to counter attack at pace into open areas of the pitch.

Stockdale 7. His distribution isn't as effective as it has been but two good saves
Bruno. 5. Got a knock and was never on his game
Goldson. 6. Steady and kept Kodija in check. Glad he wasn't dropped to bring Greer back.
Dunk. 6. Continuing his decent run of form.
Rosenior. 7 Good steady return building on his second half display at Cardiff
Stephens. 7. Good driving display
Kayal. 8. My MoM involved all over the pitch whether putting his foot in or creating going forward. Not a penalty for me!
Knockaert. 6. A bit off the boil after recent displays. But never ducks out and always looking for the ball
Hemed. 7. Couldn't have done much more. Excellent piece of opportunity taking for his goal plus two assists. Kept their big men at the back busy
Baldock. 6. Did what he does well in stretching their defence and creating gaps. Took his goal superbly and should have celebrated properly in front of our fans after the shit abuse he got off his former supporters.
Murphy 7. Up against a novice full back and made it show? Super opening goal changed the mood after Saturday and a nervy opening

Calderon. 6. Showed real character coming on for Bruno and doing a good solid job.
Wilson 5. Didn't get too much opportunity as we saw the game out
Sidwell 5. As above

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Slightly O/T, but do we think Murphy has turned a corner? He had a bit of a flat spell while Kaz and Solly were out but he seems to firing at the moment, scoring plenty too.

Definitely. He started off being so bold and brave, running at defenders, taking them on, disrupting the opposition's organisation. Then he went into his shell, and was ineffectual offensively. Perhaps this coincided with injuries, squad fatigue and, particularly, less confidence in our left back. But he's now got that determination to run at the opposition again. His finishing has been composed, too.
I'm wondering what [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] thinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here