Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there actually any truth in the Glenn Murray speculation?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Do we really want him ?, we have got similar options with Zamora and dare I say it Hemed. If you look at his record, its not that great, he seems to have a good season then a bad one, think we all are being a bit nostalgic. Did we not have a club strategy and believe in getting in young players for the future and also no loans, so i hope this is just a paper story with no legs.

Could do a job. 55 goals in 140 premier league and championship games.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Do we really want him ?, we have got similar options with Zamora and dare I say it Hemed. If you look at his record, its not that great, he seems to have a good season then a bad one, think we all are being a bit nostalgic. Did we not have a club strategy and believe in getting in young players for the future and also no loans, so i hope this is just a paper story with no legs.

Watching him score 2 in 20 mins against us for Reading was surely enough for anyone to realise what we are missing.

It would appear EH does not want him to leave so that might just be the end of it anyway, but GM is light years ahead of our current striking options in my opinion.

Clever Clever player.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I have VERY fond memories of Withdean and the teams that those players turned out for. Anyone remember when we used to score for fun? What's not to like, even if it was in the pissing rain?

I loved the Withdean too. It was a footballing equivalent to a dark, small, smelly club in Carnaby street with Jimi Hendrix playing inside.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Could do a job. 55 goals in 140 premier league and championship games.
All about opinions, but think there would be better cheaper options and he is very injury prone. I could not give a toss that he played for Palace, just think it goes against what the club are trying to acheive in a long term strategy, also think we must be pretty close our FFP limits, but happy to be proved wrong.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
We'll be out of the playoffs by the time he joins!!!

Bit underwhelmed, does this mean we have given up on a permanent striking option.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That celebration though...

glennmurray.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We'll be out of the playoffs by the time he joins!!!

Bit underwhelmed, does this mean we have given up on a permanent striking option.
Why have you raised the white flag so soon ? ???

We have every chance of beating Brentford and Bolton and when we do, Hull will have also played at Burnley, and Burnley visited Sheffield Wednesday.

So, you must think we'll lose 3 times vs Hull, Cardiff, and Bristol ? ???

This team is way better than that.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
All about opinions, but think there would be better cheaper options and he is very injury prone. I could not give a toss that he played for Palace, just think it goes against what the club are trying to acheive in a long term strategy, also think we must be pretty close our FFP limits, but happy to be proved wrong.

It can't be a perm signing, and as a short term option i think it is one to consider. He knows the club, the area and the fans, which will make the introductory period easier. A South American or even European player that has never played in England or the championship might not settle as well.

We need to strengthen up front and he ticks some of the boxes for me. Also he would be a cheaper option than a Rhodes etc.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Why have you raised the white flag so soon ? ???

We have every chance of beating Brentford and Bolton and when we do, Hull will have also played at Burnley, and Burnley visited Sheffield Wednesday.

So, you must think we'll lose 3 times vs Hull, Cardiff, and Bristol ? ???
Not thrown in the towel, but there are a large number of games in February. Brentford will be very difficult, Bolton is a win and then 3 away games in a week, bloody tough. Just voicing my disppointment with Murray, and still hoping for a permanent option.
This team is way better than that.
Not thrown in the towel, but there are a large number of games in February. Brentford will be very difficult, Bolton is a win and then 3 away games in a week, bloody tough. Just voicing my disppointment with Murray, and still hoping for a permanent option.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

There's no point splashing out £7m+ on a 'Star-Striker' when we've currently got a realistic 1/4 chance of promotion (3-6 Finish).
Let's bring someone in who can solidify that 1/4 chance and maybe even improve that to a 1/3 chance (1-6 Finish).

No sensible businessman is going to operate on a £1m per month loss and spend another £7m+ with no guaranteed return.

Then IF we go up, we'll bring in some big guns.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As it happens I think we'll be signing a striker by deadline, and a deal for Murray may or may not happen as well.

So I reckon 11pm on Monday is the time for disappointment or otherwise, let's hope we'll all be happy.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Murray would be mint. Anyone thinking this would be a bad move is deluded. He is exactly what we need. I genuinely think if we get him we would go up automatically

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here