Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shootings and explosion in Paris!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
is anyone else as surprised as myself that the American band performing at the concert haven't released any statement ? seems a little strange.

They put out a message on Twitter but then found one of their crew was killed. I'm sure you'll hear something in good time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
is anyone else as surprised as myself that the American band performing at the concert haven't released any statement ? seems a little strange.

TBH, I suspect they're still just holding their breath! Really surprising that the band up there on stage weren't in the first line of fire. These lunatics are desperate for notoriety and publicity, and there might have been even more had they bumped off the band too. Seems to me that the band had a lucky escape.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They put out a message on Twitter but then found one of their crew was killed. I'm sure you'll hear something in good time.

I've never heard of them before but checking with Wiki I noticed this. Don't know if their outspoken politics made their gig a target or is just a coincidence.

Performances in Israel and anti-BDS Statements

The band performed at the Barby Club in Tel Aviv, Israel, in spite of pressure from anti-Israeli Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) activists. Roger Waters sent a letter to the band which reportedly demanded that they boycott Israel. Hughes publicly commented on Waters' letter at the Tel Aviv concert, saying "I would never boycott a place like this ... You know what I wrote back? Two words ... Never waste your time worrying about what an asshole thinks about you.” Hughes repeated the obvious two-word profanity to the cheering crowd in Tel Aviv. During the show he said, “I’ve never felt more at home in my life.”

Hughes' rant against Waters was captured in the posted video of the Barby Club performance.

https://youtu.be/YF4nkbEXHhI

http://www.timesofisrael.com/bataclan-theater-long-a-target-of-anti-zionist-groups-report-says/

Last edited:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I still don't understand your comment about the proportion of victims of terrorists? Thankfully, attacks like Paris, whilst being completely abhorrent and disgraceful, are not every day occurrences.

I don't believe that nothing should be done in the light of these attacks. Quite the contrary, I'm very happy that the UK police and security services will be reviewing their policies and procedures.

However, this doesn't detract from the vast majority of Muslims being peaceful.

My comment about the proportion of victims being minuscule is just another way of supporting the same point as you........I don't understand why you can't see that? A relatively small number of extremists (within the Muslim population in Europe) have killed an even smaller number of people (within the wider population of Europe).

If you want to call out the fact that the number of extremists is so small at 0.001% then why not extend the point that an even smaller number of people relative to say the population of Paris have been killed?

The two points are just 2 sides of the same coin............your point should not detract from the fact that most people in Paris are still alive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not to mention 80 of their fans. They must be enormously traumatised.

Quite. As [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] points out they've had a very very narrow escape. God knows how they're feeling.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am fairly sure Russia will be launching a ground troop offensive shortly possibly aided by France. The statement that France is now at war with Isis points to this

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Just got home (flight almost empty) and met up with a friend whose casual attitude to buying gig tickets may have just saved both our lives. A real reminder of how close to home this was for us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you want to call out the fact that the number of extremists is so small at 0.001% then why not extend the point that an even smaller number of people relative to say the population of Paris have been killed?

The two points are just 2 sides of the same coin............your point should not detract from the fact that most people in Paris are still alive.
That sounds as if you're saying it's only a minute percentage of the population of Paris, so that's alright then. I know there are some complete fkucwits on here, but please tell me that is really not what you mean to be saying.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unless they're going to do it in Europe it is a bit pointless, no good worrying about IS in Iraq & Syria it is the ones in Europe that are the problem

Oh goody! Russia invades France. Yep, that should sort out peace in Europe for a few decades!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Unless they're going to do it in Europe it is a bit pointless, no good worrying about IS in Iraq & Syria it is the ones in Europe that are the problem

And still coming in amongst true refugees. I'm sure it was mooted they would do this so what did Europe do open its doors without any real checks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That sounds as if you're saying it's only a minute percentage of the population of Paris, so that's alright then. I know there are some complete fkucwits on here, but please tell me that is really not what you mean to be saying.

Welcome to the world of [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've never heard of them before but checking with Wiki I noticed this. Don't know if their outspoken politics made their gig a target or is just a coincidence.

The band performed at the Barby Club in Tel Aviv, Israel, in spite of pressure from anti-Israeli Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) activists. Roger Waters sent a letter to the band which reportedly demanded that they boycott Israel. Hughes publicly commented on Waters' letter at the Tel Aviv concert, saying "I would never boycott a place like this ... You know what I wrote back? Two words ... Never waste your time worrying about what an asshole thinks about you.” Hughes repeated the obvious two-word profanity to the cheering crowd in Tel Aviv. During the show he said, “I’ve never felt more at home in my life.”

Hughes' rant against Waters was captured in the posted video of the Barby Club performance.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/bataclan-theater-long-a-target-of-anti-zionist-groups-report-says/

I suspect if the ISIS cvnts had known about this, the band would have been the first to go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

https://youtu.be/YF4nkbEXHhI

The transcribe in the article is not what he says in the video clip though. What he actually says is quite different.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here